• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Vase game to be Played at Wincham Park

Totally agree with Tony. Blackie why are you so concerned by Witton, I personally couldn’t care less. They hav not exactly had a surge of interest this year after promotion and a half decent team. We need to think of what benefits us. Would a ground share at Witton be a positive move? Definitely. But as just about everyone agrees, only if the deal is reasonable. I trust the board to get this part right.

Why would renting witton ground be a backwards step
Already stated them in above posts, as I said, we are never all going to agree on this and if a future permanent agreement is made we all have a choice!..:D.

Already stated them in above posts, as I said, we are never all going to agree on this and if a future permanent agreement is made we all have a choice!..:D.

Your argument seems to be based on some bygone age rivalry though.

Of course Witton would benefit from any deal as it would mean extra income for them. But then we'll also benefit from playing in Northwich and a better pitch and base to try and increase attendances, raise our profile as a club and attract new fans. So I'm not too fussed if Witton use the extra money to fund a better team.

And Blackie, of course Witton aren't going to agree to something that leaves them worse off but then nor are we. It's all about compromise so I wouldn't worry too much. The pros and cons do need to be weighed up but for me there are more pros to moving to Witton if the deal is right. I trust the board to do this in any future negotiations we may have.

Changed it, you got in there too quick ;) it’s a fair point though

The pitch is poor....yes
Facilities!?...you can get a drink and a pie just the same as you would at wi**on!!
Harder to attract new fans....unproven. Would wi**on attract Northwichers (remains to be seen)
Harder to attract players?!....why? and what evidence do you have to back this. We have fantastic team at the moment!!
Cant change Winsford, But not everyone agrees wi**on would be better.

You've put an obvious biased split...wheres the wi**on cons?:
Its not cheap!
Helping a rival fund their team

Facilities have seen winsford dressing room the are falling to pieces
Players ask the manager past and present
The don’t like playing on the that pitch
New fans know a few people who will not go to are games coz it’s in winsford it’s horrible
Place to watch football
Help to fund are rival well we are doing that at winsford and plus don’t see witton as rival the two leagues higher the us I see winsford and Runcorn more of are rival
You did not have problem giving witton money when you want back watching vics so why is it now

We're talking about gaining or losing a small handful of supporters.
There is a diminishing number of people interested in local football.
Assuming no one watched more than one team and assuming an average gate then if Witton, '74, Winsford, Vics and Barnton all played a home game on the same day then the total number of people would only be about 900. Less than the average for Vics alone not that long ago.
This argument about ground sharing, hating each other, giving the other side something, boycotting etc etc seems very trivial and largely irrelevant when you look at the wider picture.

We're talking about gaining or losing a small handful of supporters.
There is a diminishing number of people interested in local football.
Assuming no one watched more than one team and assuming an average gate then if Witton, '74, Winsford, Vics and Barnton all played a home game on the same day then the total number of people would only be about 900. Less than the average for Vics alone not that long ago.
This argument about ground sharing, hating each other, giving the other side something, boycotting etc etc seems very trivial and largely irrelevant when you look at the wider picture.

I agree Pete, about time we put aside our differences and started helping each other, afterall we have so much more than just rental to offer Witton.
We can still have the rivalry as that is legendary but we need to move on in a forward direction.

There is apathy within our town, but not within football itself. We need to have a positive approach to attract a few back. Most have been put off by the slow motion car crash that was/is NVFC

Facilities have seen winsford dressing room the are falling to pieces
Players ask the manager past and present
The don’t like playing on the that pitch
New fans know a few people who will not go to are games coz it’s in winsford it’s horrible
Place to watch football
Help to fund are rival well we are doing that at winsford and plus don’t see witton as rival the two leagues higher the us I see winsford and Runcorn more of are rival
You did not have problem giving witton money when you want back watching vics so why is it now
Didn't know you are so close to the managers!!..then that's just your word not actual proof!!
For players who don't like playing on the pitch they are doing a damn good job!!
I know fans who wouldn't go to wi**on...call that quits!
Linnets and Winsford aren't rivals for new supporters, wi**on are. What are new fans more likely to go watch...NWCFL level or Evo Stick (or better if we help fund it}, level
And the last bit i've explained to death to the wi**on idiot on here if you pay more attention!!
We've all made decisions in our past we regret (unless your someone different!?). The idea is to learn from them and not repeat them!!

There is apathy within our town, but not within football itself. We need to have a positive approach to attract a few back. Most have been put off by the slow motion car crash that was/is NVFC
Agreed but there has been a steady remorseless decline in local football going back years and it shows no sign of changing in the long term.
I don't live in the town and only have a fraction of the involvement I used to have so perhaps I'm the nearest you will get to a outsiders view from local forums etc - if it wasn't so sad it would be laughable.

It’s you’re, Blackie - just getting you back. Witton aren’t suddenly going to become a big club because we are giving them a bit of rent. Just focus on our own potential benefits I say.

will we be supplying the stewards next week? or will there be a lot of new witton stewards enjoying a good day out.A reward has been offered for a sighting of WHS on the day.Brief description -4ft--11ins tall. cowboy hat---tee shirt with Know all written on it,However I hope Paul(the wittoner who posts on here )comes along I think deep down he likes us at 1874.come along paul we will buy you a pie and a pint

Agreed but there has been a steady remorseless decline in local football going back years and it shows no sign of changing in the long term.
I don't live in the town and only have a fraction of the involvement I used to have so perhaps I'm the nearest you will get to a outsiders view from local forums etc - if it wasn't so sad it would be laughable.

Paul, I don’t agree. There has been a steady decline for Witton. Vics, however were actually doing ok attendance wise through the 90s until the sale of the Drill Field. Even playing in Wincham they could pull in the crowds - the people are still out there and I believe SOME can be attracted back.

And the last bit i've explained to death to the wi**on idiot on here if you pay more attention!!
Paul seems like a decent chap to me who knows his local football. Always fair minded and reasoned in his posts in comparison to one or two other Wittoners who've posted on here in the past.

As for attendances, yes Pete is right, there has been a decline in crowds across the board not only in Mid Cheshire but in local football in general. That said, I agree with Kit that there is support out there and we need to do more to build our fan base and get our message out there in a positive and pro-active manner, which in my view would be easier from Witton. Look at what crowds we attracted when we first formed 1874.

I don't expect us to get crowds in the high hundreds or even thousand plus as Vics managed in the not too distant past, but there's no reason why we can't average 300-400 which would be very good for the level we play at and even in higher leagues.

Absolutely, Ben. I believe 350-400 is an achievable target. Would this pay the rent at Witton for a few years though? I guess that’s a tough decision the board may have to discuss.

Back