• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Vase game to be Played at Wincham Park

We need to look at whether we can get a good ground share deal and whether it could be mutually beneficial.
I doubt very very much that wi**on would want to "share" their final asset!...rent..yes, share equally..no!!
I have no doubt we have been given a "decent" rate for this one off match thanks to Pauls (and lets not forget the other members of the board), negotiations and they have all done what's seen as necessary to get the game done.

But, back to that first line:
1. Wi**on won't share their final asset in an equal split.
2. We couldn't afford to buy even if they would.
3. I, in a personal opinion, wouldn't want to pay them rent on a regular basis as we are just helping them to progress and I doubt it would benefit us enough to cover the extra expense.
4. Its seems funny they didn't want to know us before their recent emergency meeting where they revealed that expenses are bigger than income!...and suddenly, we are a viable option again??!!
5. Renting off wi**on would put us back to the days when most of us followed vics....begging off wi**on!, and would the gains of playing at wi**on out-way the losses!?,I'm not convinced.

Just an observation....A lot of the people on this thread getting excited about playing at wi**on were on here not so long ago saying how low wi**ons morals when taking Vics drug money etc!!, do they suddenly believe wi**on now to be a moral upstanding club who have the interest of 74 at heart?
I think its more to do with point 4 above!

I never made any comment or distinction about morals Blackie ;):D

I agree with the point re buying a share of WP - I’m sure all Wittoners would find that notion laughable..... and rightly so.

I never made any comment or distinction about morals Blackie ;):D

I agree with the point re buying a share of WP - I’m sure all Wittoners would find that notion laughable..... and rightly so.
not saying everyone Tez, a few and they know who they are o_O.

1 & 2 are non-starters, and I'm not sure anyone truly believes otherwise.
3 & 5 overlap a bit - I am sure someone somewhere (on both sides of the fence/canal) is doing a good old SWOT analysis*
4 & 5 also overlap a bit - in the current circumstances "begging" works both ways.
Morals? Agreed, it was (IMO) morally wrong of them to strike a deal with JRFC, and in retrospect I suspect they know this. To what extent we hold this against them in any future dealings is no doubt part of the SWOT analysis, but I wouldn't make it a red line.
The key has to be whether and to what extent any agreement is mutually beneficial.

*Strengths Weaknesses Opportunities Threats (for the uninitiated)

I would add that it’s okay some posters on the Witton forum (and to be fair they seem to be in the minority thus far) bemoaning Mark Harris stewardship (from an Albion perspective quite astounding) and the need to enter into any agreement at all with us, but when only 270 come through the gate today it is difficult to argue with his decision surely.

Last edited:
I feel sure that any arrangements on a "share" process does not include a rental as many of the current supporter's would " abandon ship" including myself. I would not want any "beholding," to WA based on the situation when they thought that Thor would stump up £1300 per game. But I would support fully an amicable fair "sharing" arrangement.

Unfortunately, I think there Is more going on behind the scenes than we are aware of ?
We need to act very carefully and not be taken for a ride - loose the goodwill of Winsford and we could end up without a ground to play on

I think that Winsford are well aware that our long term ambition was to return to Northwich in some guise or another.
I agree that there are probably things going on behind the scenes which the present Board cannot announce at the moment and I for one am happy for James and his team to continue their efforts as if there is an arrangement they will inform the owners for their agreement and ratification or the owners of the Club will refuse to accept it which is their right.

The only thing we are looking at realistically is renting....anyone who believes we are getting/can afford more than that basic agreement is either very hopeful or totally disillusioned!!
I'm not apologizing for being a green....I hate wi**on, always have, always will, can't change that opinion and don't want to and I'm happy with that.
I personally wouldn't see renting (and contributing to wi**ons team budget :mad:), as anything more than a backwards step for the club rather than a forward one, and like Frank has stated above, would be one of those to "abandon ship" if we agreed to a permanent renting agreement (which I'm sure would please some! :D). Its not being "childish" or having a "playground" attitude.....its being a "green". How many would start to attend to counter balance those who would stop would have to be seen.
Everyone has a choice, id be happy with mine as others would be with theirs. We await future news o_O.

Last edited:
Where is that banging head against wall emoji!? We know Witton will be benefiting from the rent money. We know they have their own interests at heart; who wouldn’t. I am excited to be playing a home game in Northwich, I think it creates a bit of a buzz and is a good news story for the club.

There is obviously more information to hand and it is obvious the Committee are not able to divulge currently so need to "wait out" as is said !!.

Where is that banging head against wall emoji!? We know Witton will be benefiting from the rent money. We know they have their own interests at heart; who wouldn’t. I am excited to be playing a home game in Northwich, I think it creates a bit of a buzz and is a good news story for the club.
if you take time to read it properly instead off jumping in you would see I wasn't referring to the one off and do understand why we've done that. The post referred to possible negotiations on a more permanent agreement!

Pro and cons winsford or witton ground

Winsford ground cons
Poor pitch cost us money in lost gates
Poor facilities
Harder to attract new fans
Harder to attract players
It’s in winsford
Pro
It’s cheap

Witton ground
Pro
Better pitch
Better ground
Better facilities

I feel sure that any arrangements on a "share" process does not include a rental as many of the current supporter's would " abandon ship" including myself. I would not want any "beholding," to WA based on the situation when they thought that Thor would stump up £1300 per game. But I would support fully an amicable fair "sharing" arrangement.

Never going to happen Frank because the vast majority of Witton's fan base would also "abandon ship" if any of Wincham Park is sold to another club, never mind our nearest rivals. Some sort of mutually beneficial rental agreement is the only way forward.

Everyone's opinion is different because I could ask how is it possibly a forward move to contribute to a "local" rival?

Be forward move because it’s better ground better pitch better in every way then winsford oh it’s in northwich too now tell me why you think it’s a backwards move

Reactions: Ben
Unfortunately, I think there Is more going on behind the scenes than we are aware of ?
We need to act very carefully and not be taken for a ride - loose the goodwill of Winsford and we could end up without a ground to play on
I can definitely say that Witton won't take us for a ride, unlike Vics we have a strong group of intelligent people on our Board plus the ultimate club accountant in John Coats.

Pro and cons winsford or witton ground

Winsford ground cons
Poor pitch cost us money in lost gates
Poor facilities
Harder to attract new fans
Harder to attract players
It’s in winsford
Pro
It’s cheap

Witton ground
Pro
Better pitch
Better ground
Better facilities
The pitch is poor....yes
Facilities!?...you can get a drink and a pie just the same as you would at wi**on!!
Harder to attract new fans....unproven. Would wi**on attract Northwichers (remains to be seen)
Harder to attract players?!....why? and what evidence do you have to back this. We have fantastic team at the moment!!
Cant change Winsford, But not everyone agrees wi**on would be better.

You've put an obvious biased split...wheres the wi**on cons?:
Its not cheap!
Helping a rival fund their team

Back