• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Vase game to be Played at Wincham Park

Decided after some consideration I will be there on Sunday. Not because of any comments on here on the plus or minus side but because thats a beautifully written piece by wayne and if we are to use this game as a tribute to a man i had a great respect for how could i say no. No promises after that...one game at a time.

good one Blackie. Let’s hope lots of people decide the same.

I have talked to some of our more 'principled' (is that the word I am looking for? You know what I mean) supporters. They will be there. They will be in the bar before the game, will buy a bovril/pie and will be back in the club after the game with the players and 74 family and will have a beer. Win, lose or draw, we will be together.

Three reasons:

Because the dealings with Witton Albion have been very good and they recognise that this is of benefit to both clubs.

They will be there for our fantastic management and team. They deserve it.

They will be there for Paul. And for his family.

I told you that Goodie had written the most fantastic piece (which made me blubber), on behalf of him and Bow and our players. I am thrilled if this has altered how some people feel out there. Thank you.

Just small steps.

We have a brilliant, little club with fantastic people at its heart. It's a desperately sad time off the field, let's turn out in numbers and be loud and proud for 1874.

And now I'm blubbering again.....

I will be at the game supporting 1874 but I will not be giving one penny more to Witton than the entrance fee.

Will be in the Salt Barge before the game for any with similar feelings.

I will be at the game supporting 1874 but I will not be giving one penny more to Witton than the entrance fee.
I am asking all my football friends to try and make the game. I intend to arrive early, buy a drink in the club house and raise my glass high to the memory of our fantastic Chairman.
If it's cold I will buy a hot drink. If i'm feeling hungry I will by a pie. When we win I will go back to the bar and have another drink with our wonderful players and toast Mr Paul Stockton once again. If I come across any Witton officials I will shake their hands warmly and thank them for their generous hospitality. LIFE is TOO short people, so get on with it.

I am asking all my football friends to try and make the game. I intend to arrive early, buy a drink in the club house and raise my glass high to the memory of our fantastic Chairman.
If it's cold I will buy a hot drink. If i'm feeling hungry I will by a pie. When we win I will go back to the bar and have another drink with our wonderful players and toast Mr Paul Stockton once again. If I come across any Witton officials I will shake their hands warmly and thank them for their generous hospitality. LIFE is TOO short people, so get on with it.

Well said Mark.

If our board and amazing chairman felt this was a good deal - then so do I.

And they have birties, so how can I not get a pie?!

I have always had total confident in any arrangements that Paul and the Committee have made and the WA ones are included in them, whilst having a slight reservation on them also but need to have knowledge of same in due course !!.

If I come across any Witton officials I will shake their hands warmly and thank them for their generous hospitality.

You make it sound like they a doing us a favour. We are paying for the use of the ground and as usual with our dealings with Witton exactly what we are paying is confidential.

They are desperate for money, if they weren't they would have nothing to do with us.

Back