• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 News An announcement from the Board of 1874 Northwich F.C.

I’ve read all the previous comments and I can see there are pros and cons to this move. Personally there are more cons for me. I am not however averse to change and am willing for my mind to be changed over the next 10 months. I still do not however understand what prompted this sudden move ( perhaps I will find out in due course).
Oh and I don’t consider Barnton easier to get to.

I suspect it was anything other than sudden. More likely a long deliberated decision that considered short and mid-term needs of the club as a whole.

They will never please all of the people all of the time, and nor should they try.

personally I think that the vase game showed us that there is potentially a very big interest in local football in the area, just need to give people a reason to come
The vase was a cup comp and a chance of a wembley appearance. People will come watch these games no matter what.
Getting people interested enough to watch league football on the outskirts of town thats awkward to get to and isnt ideally built for large crowds is a whole different proprosition! Hardly an even comparison.

It may be many things but sudden is not one of them, I suspect it is part of a long term strategy to be the pre-eminent and possibly only local football team in Northwich. Lets give our Board and previous Chairman credit for their stewardship of our club and lets see what the next few years bring.

So much easier to get to and less than half the distance to travel to home games :scarf:;););)
. I live 5 mins up the road from winsfords ground. Working shifts i can still leave work at 7, get in, have a shower, grab something eat and still make kick off.
Now i will miss some mid-week games unless i get chance shower at work and maybe settle for an awful birtie pie!, and thats after finding somewhere to park!!.
So how can you generalise its easier to get to when its actually different for everyone!?

. I live 5 mins up the road from winsfords ground. Working shifts i can still leave work at 7, get in, have a shower, grab something eat and still make kick off.
Now i will miss some mid-week games unless i get chance shower at work and maybe settle for an awful birtie pie!, and thats after finding somewhere to park!!.
So how can you generalise its easier to get to when its actually different for everyone!?
To be honest I didn’t read it as a generalisation, merely how it looks for Joining the 100. The move will mean different things to different people and unfortunately for you Blackie it will have its problems, as would a move to anywhere which isn’t the Davenham side of Northwich judging by your logistical nightmare.

So much easier to get to and less than half the distance to travel to home games :scarf:;););)

How is it so much easier to get to?
Anybody living in town, Rudheath, Leftwich, Lostock, Davenham or Wincham has to try to get through town and across Winnington swing bridge at 2 o'clock on a Saturday afternoon. Definitely not easier nor quicker?

The vase was a cup comp and a chance of a wembley appearance. People will come watch these games no matter what.
Getting people interested enough to watch league football on the outskirts of town thats awkward to get to and isnt ideally built for large crowds is a whole different proprosition! Hardly an even comparison.

yh but it showed the potential amount of people who are interested in local football and we have a better chance of getting some of them onboard by playing in Barnton than Winsford, most decisions that are made won't fit in perfectly with every person but that unfortunately is just the way it is, what's best for the club has to come first

To be honest I didn’t read it as a generalisation, merely how it looks for Joining the 100. The move will mean different things to different people and unfortunately for you Blackie it will have its problems, as would a move to anywhere which isn’t the Davenham side of Northwich judging by your logistical nightmare.
If i simply put harder to get to without explaining why, would i not be generalising?
If joining the 100 had put "easier to get to and closer for me" then thats not a generalisation.
And theres plenty of locations not Davenham side of Northwich i find much easier to get to than Barnton on a sat afternoon!!

yh but it showed the potential amount of people who are interested in local football and we have a better chance of getting some of them onboard by playing in Barnton than Winsford, most decisions that are made won't fit in perfectly with every person but that unfortunately is just the way it is, what's best for the club has to come first
I not bothered about it 'fitting me', i always knew one day that would change...
You keep saying we have a better chance attracting people in Barnton than Winsford, why?..what 'actual proof' do you have, your only speculating like the rest of us!?

....out of interest, you keep mentioning these cup game crowds, how would we have coped with the size of the crowd at those vase games at Barntons ground!?
If we have another good cup run in vase or fa cup how will we manage those now the witton option has gone?

Last edited:
It's in Northwich. Isn't that what we all wanted??
Far more pro's than cons and its a stepping stone isn't it?
We can only speculate Alan, hopefully it is but no one can prove either way until it happens......fingers crossed ????.

How is it so much easier to get to?
Anybody living in town, Rudheath, Leftwich, Lostock, Davenham or Wincham has to try to get through town and across Winnington swing bridge at 2 o'clock on a Saturday afternoon. Definitely not easier nor quicker?
Don’t understand why we’ve moved to Barnton?
Have you forgotten the fixture pile up at the end of last season for one. I could say more.
Facilities at Barnton arnt as good?
Barnton has a higher ground grading than Winsford. Although Barnton isn’t the best, neither is Winsford.
I not bothered about it 'fitting me', i always knew one day that would change...

....out of interest, you keep mentioning these cup game crowds, how would we have coped with the size of the crowd at those vase games at Barntons ground!?
If we have another good cup run in vase or fa cup how will we manage those now the witton option has gone?
Go to Old Trafford??
Seriously guys some of you need to cut a bit of slack to your board here. Have they not delivered what the majority want, playing back in Northwich?Have you forgotten the ridiculous fixture pile up last season?

Not as easy to get too (even tho it’s miles closer)
Facilities at Winsford are better!
Parking is a nightmare!
Not enough seating!
Etc etc etc

Embrace it guys, although Barnton isn’t Wembley, it’s a move away from Winsford that most of you have been yearning for.

Don’t understand why we’ve moved to Barnton?
Have you forgotten the fixture pile up at the end of last season for one. I could say more.
Facilities at Barnton arnt as good?
Barnton has a higher ground grading than Winsford. Although Barnton isn’t the best, neither is Winsford.

Go to Old Trafford??
Seriously guys some of you need to cut a bit of slack to your board here. Have they not delivered what the majority want, playing back in Northwich?Have you forgotten the ridiculous fixture pile up last season?

Not as easy to get too (even tho it’s miles closer)
Facilities at Winsford are better!
Parking is a nightmare!
Not enough seating!
Etc etc etc

Embrace it guys, although Barnton isn’t Wembley, it’s a move away from Winsford that most of you have been yearning for.
Barnton forum not busy again then!?
And btw, it depends on which part on northwich you live to determin if its closer or not.
Live at Rudheath and its easier to get to Winsford than Barnton!
Nice to see you avoided answering the question of coping with the big crowd though with a stupid remark ????.

Last edited:
Ok don’t embrace it. I suppose it was worth a try..
Have never at any point said i dont embrace it/critisized the board.
Simply asked the questions and voiced concerns.
What is annoying is when people (like you), want to avoid actually answering these questions by making out your being negative and never putting forward any constructive replies to back their side of things!

Oh come on everyone. Just embrace what the board have achieved here and look forward to the future.

A mile here or there is insignificant. This is definitely progress.
Again Alan, like Josh, youve stated this is 'definite progress'.
What have you to prove this statement?
We havent played their yet so you cant prove its actually progress no more than i could prove it isnt... so the only thing 'achieved' so far is a definite move and something that will be different....
...unless you know different?

Have never at any point said i dont embrace it/critisized the board.
Simply asked the questions and voiced concerns.
What is annoying is when people (like you), want to avoid actually answering these questions by making out your being negative and never putting forward any constructive replies to back their side of things!
Blackie I was only trying to help and put a positive spin on things.
You state you “simply asked questions and voiced concerns”
I suppose your answers are in post 59

Back