• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 News An announcement from the Board of 1874 Northwich F.C.

I regularly share things on social media that the club are doing, as a fanbase that's something that a lot of us can do

maybe producing some information flyers with a brief history of who we and what our aims are to distribute around the local area would be a decent idea (it worked well for the vase game Imo), I distributed a small amount of them and would help do it again as would a lot of people I would assume

An idea for the next close season I suspect. Not quite with a fanfare of "Football's coming home", but all in aid of what I think might be a mini-relaunch.

Just need to beware of treading on our landlords' toes, much as the residents of Barnton might appear at first glance to be an obvious market.

The board state that this is for an initial two year period but I wonder if it is on the agenda that we develop the ground at barnton along with them and use it as a permanent base?
Don't know who owns the ground there but I would like to know if our own ground is still in the foreseeable future.
If I was a barnton resident I wouldn't be too happy about the parking!

Here we go again....

We all know what you’re getting at. Not everyone has the time or maybe even self confidence to volunteer. Doesn’t mean their thoughts should be questioned

I think you make a fair point Andy, maybe as a club (not a Board) we need to nurture some of the enthusiasm and ideas if we can, without any member feeling they are being put in the spotlight/limelight when it’s not something they are comfortable with. At some point though we need to have some of the younger members (I know Jack has had a go and current Board member Vicki is practically a nipper herself) making the transition to Board Level for the future good of the club. As a club (not necessarily a Board) we need to encourage this to happen somehow.

maybe producing some information flyers with a brief history of who we and what our aims are to distribute around the local area would be a decent idea (it worked well for the vase game Imo), I distributed a small amount of them and would help do it again as would a lot of people I would assume

Spend money on a character costume mascot and send him (Mark Taylor :D) Round the local Primary Schools.

Mascot Poll.png

Personally I can't see him fitting in a Captain 74, so it'll have to be a Bertwisles pie :wtf

Last edited:
The board state that this is for an initial two year period but I wonder if it is on the agenda that we develop the ground at barnton along with them and use it as a permanent base?
Don't know who owns the ground there but I would like to know if our own ground is still in the foreseeable future.
If I was a barnton resident I wouldn't be too happy about the parking!
Possibly the two year period is initially a stipulation set down by the Parish council, who to answer your question do own the land I think?

Thinking about it the seating area might be an issue as it's not very big or possibly as good a view as winsford.
Just a thought.

Thinking about it the seating area might be an issue as it's not very big or possibly as good a view as winsford.
Just a thought.
Surely something we might be able to work on, together, if the need should arise; I don’t suppose we filled the BS one did we?

Just a thought.

I thought we had seats from the VS stored away, kindly donated to us by Mr Hewitt? If that's correct could we utilise them at Townfield?

I'm still absolutely buzzing about this.

There was an element of doom and gloom around the place, myself included with how we'd started the season on the pitch, but this is some really uplifting news that gives us some real hope for the future.

The rest of this season is of course important and we should aim to finish as highly in the league as possible, but whatever happens will be in the context of a move to Barnton, the first time the club will be playing at a ground in Northwich on a regular basis. An historic moment and new chapter in our club's short history. That's plenty to be positive about regardless of what happens this season.

Just a thought.
There are 2 seated stands at “The Offside Trust Stadium” ????
One has 50 seats in, the other has 126 seats in. Don’t no how this compares to Winsford but it was enough for the Evostick league.
As far as the View, don’t know, that’s a personal opinion I suppose.

All,
It is not my usual practise to utilise the forum as a mouthpiece for the club. However, please be assured that much planning and forethought has gone into this move. All areas that you are concerned about have been discussed and plans are in place to cover a range of needs and requirements.
Please be patient, we have a busy period ahead of us and your support in preparing for the future will be vital.
Thank you.
Steve Richardson
Vice Chairman

What's the space like down the far end? Something similar to the stand at West Dibsbury behind the goal would be great, something that we've never been able to exploit at Winsford.

Very positive move and brilliant to be closer to Northwich!

Back