• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 News An announcement from the Board of 1874 Northwich F.C.

I’m surprised at how many people have brought up the issue of parking at Barnton as a major issue. They do have a small car park that could perhaps run a disabled permit system of sorts, and beyond that it’s no different than many other clubs in the NWCL. Very few have a big car park, Winsford being one that does.

We’ve never had a problem parking at Barnton when we (Linnets) have played there. You guys are pulling 250-300 ish crowds at the minute yes, hopefully you can increase that with the move. Now that doesn’t mean there will be 300 cars rolling in. When we played Vics there last season the crowd was 450+ and there were no issues with parking whatsoever. Many of us parked at Barnton Cricket Club and walked up, it’s only a short walk.

Previous to that we have always parked in the local streets and there’s never been a problem. It’s exactly the same as Congleton for example, the only option there is local street parking.

Just don’t do what Vics did last year, come out of the ground at midnight singing, shouting and blowing your car horns (and then blaming Linnets for it) because that will obviously upset the residents!

Good luck with the move, the vast majority seem happy with it so for that reason I’m delighted for you. As a visiting spectator Barnton is a much better place to watch the match than Winsford.

I suspect that the local Barnton residents didn't know how important and distinguished the JGFC fans are and how the rules of courtesy and consideration don't apply to them.

I don't think the issue is so much as finding somewhere to park its more about being considerate to the residents around the ground - I wouldn't take it too kindly if someone took my parking place right outside my gate!

I am more than happy to park at the school or cricket club and walk to the ground. Sure an arrangement can be made for those less able to walk who could park at the ground.

Thanks Tez. Please.....just give us chance! Been a bit busy recently. ;) Hopefully we can provide information in the coming weeks which will help. And that's just confirming what Steve (VC) posted earlier.

PS I'm a Rudheather so getting to the SLBS is so easy - 12 minutes in fact, pretty much a couple of roads (and by god, have I made that journey so many times - games/inspections). I'm looking forward to turning the car the other way and heading through Northwich to watch my team. 16 minutes (when quiet - yeh, i'm sad, i've timed it) but crossing Winnington Bridge on a Saturday will make -

Moving to Barnton won't be a problem for me because my home is in Barnton, about 5 minutes walk away from the ground so this move suits me perfectly.
However I do understand & respect some of the concerns which has been raised up on this post since the ground share agreement was announced.
Some of the concern I have has already been brought up already earlier in the post, these concerns are:
1) Parking for other supporters
2) The local Barnton residents complaining about the noice.
3) Getting over winnington bridge for other supporters on a Saturday.
4) The limited covered terraces at Barnton's ground.
5) The clubhouse/catering area at Barnton isn't the biggest so would it cope on busy match days?
6) What will happen to our clubshop and programme selling shed & where will they go at Barnton?

Obviously the board will be addressing these concerns in the coming weeks & I for one can not wait for us to move to Barnton next season, personally I think it is a step in the right direction for our football club & I'm sure once all the concerns we have has been addressed we'll be all happy that we made this move.

Also I would like to congratulate our hard working board who made this move happen, sometimes you may feel unappreciated but I ensure you we all deeply appreciate everything you do for our football club & thank you for doing such a fantastic job.

P.S A massive thank you goes out to Winsford United for giving our club a home since our formation, I will always be grateful for what they've done for our club.
And another thank you goes out to Barnton football club & Barnton Parish council for agreeing to the ground share.

#WeAre74

8 min drive to Barton stadium after finishing work at 6 so 3 of us won't make midweek games at Barton we were there every home game at Barton stadium so prob watch winsford utd at midweek home game[/Q
8 min drive to Barton stadium after finishing work at 6 so 3 of us won't make midweek games at Barton we were there every home game at Barton stadium so prob watch winsford utd at midweek home game
Ben not being biased by time get home after 6 shower tea be 7ish never make Barton game I love non league football as winsford utd only 5 mins away I'll start watching them as it's only 5 min drive away

As I said before, I think this is a good move for the club. I live at Rudheath and the distance or the time taken to the ground doesn't worry me, what I am concerned about is the distance I can walk, which isn't far. I have been going to away matches,when I can get there early and try to ensure I can get parking space near to the gate. The grounds that don't have enough parking where I can't be sure of a place I don't go to. My main concern is that I may not be able to attend home matches and only some away.

Stevo, any chance you could get in touch with someone who lives near the ground and ask if you could use their driveway... or have someone at the club put some cones outside their house when they arrive on matchday - to reserve you a spot?

I’m saying this having never been to Barnton FC so don’t know what the surrounding area is like.

I don't think this is a practical solution. There are more people than me that will need help. However I know our board will address the problem.

I’m sure the club will do everything they can to help out Stevo.

I don't think this is a practical solution. There are more people than me that will need help. However I know our board will address the problem.
Stevo, we have a number of parking options available. More information at the AGM and nearer to our move to Barnton.

Back