• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 News An announcement from the Board of 1874 Northwich F.C.

Blackie I was only trying to help and put a positive spin on things.
You state you “simply asked questions and voiced concerns”
I suppose your answers are in post 59
Just says 'to cover a range of needs and concerns'.
Doesn't state which concerns or how they propose to be address so where are the 'actual' answers in post 59?

You will never please 200 regulars and all fans can give a personal opinion. For me the board have done exactly the right thing and this is massive progress for our club. We could discuss the logistics of what side of Northwich we all live on, but at the end of the day we are back in Northwich and we can now start raising our profile within the community where we want to be.
The fact that we are honouring the contract to Winsford to pay the rent for 12 months shows why we set up this club and the chasm in class between us and other local clubs. I have nothing but respect for the way the board have gone about this.

Posters have raised their initial individual concerns/opinions and that is perfectly reasonable. Time now to take a deep breath, sit back and let the Board outline how they plan (and I believe they have planned) to address some of the issues raised. The proposed move hasn’t just happened overnight; how about we give the Board some credit that the move has been thought through?

Posters have raised their initial individual concerns/opinions and that is perfectly reasonable. Time now to take a deep breath, sit back and let the Board outline how they plan (and I believe they have planned) to address some of the issues raised. The proposed move hasn’t just happened overnight; how about we give the Board some credit that the move has been thought through?

Thanks Tez. Please.....just give us chance! Been a bit busy recently. ;) Hopefully we can provide information in the coming weeks which will help. And that's just confirming what Steve (VC) posted earlier.

PS I'm a Rudheather so getting to the SLBS is so easy - 12 minutes in fact, pretty much a couple of roads (and by god, have I made that journey so many times - games/inspections). I'm looking forward to turning the car the other way and heading through Northwich to watch my team. 16 minutes (when quiet - yeh, i'm sad, i've timed it) but crossing Winnington Bridge on a Saturday will make that journey longer. Worth it! :scarf:

"The needs of the many, out way the needs of the few, or the one"

Ironically, it seems to have worked in reverse at Winsford!!!!!!!!!!!!! What`s done is done!

I am really looking forward to the change and going to a Barnton. I know they will they will fully appreciate and respect what we are and what we do and I look forward to both our clubs growing and benefitting from the deal.

As previously stated, we all know that our board will sort out the "little things" along the way - we are a caring club after all!

One step at a time! Well done to all on the board!

For every person inconvenienced, there will be another fan who will now find it easier. Swings and round abouts.

Being back in Northwich enables the club to reach out locally to new fans, something not possible at winsford.

Great move. Well done the board. Looking forward to further information.

The journey is far worse for me and i still think parking is a big problem until I am told what is proposed to alleviate it. I also look forward to proposals to improve the facilities which imo are not as good as Winsford.
However all this will not stop me going to watch my favourite team at home and away.
A new challenge.

I think that this will be a good move for the majority of people but I do feel that we owe a great deal to Winsford for allowing us to ground share with a deal that was good for both sides. We have put a lot of work and money into improving the pitch at Winsford and I would suggest it is in a lot better condition than Barnton`s at the moment. Whether it will stand up to the winter we will have to wait and see but will Barnton`s stand up to the increased number of matches as well? As Toddy has said access to Barnton via Comberbatch (turn rt at top of Soot Hill or down the country lanes towards A49 and back into Barnton near the Cricket Club is a lot easier for people from Lostock, Wincham or that side of Northwich as it avoids Winnington Bridge and the Town Centre. There are a lot of other issues not mentioned yet such as :-
a. Will the drum deafen people in the small stand and is there enough room to get it round the pitch?
b. Can we still get Bertie`s pies at the ground and will the drink`s cups be a reasonable size?
c. Is the ticket office large enough?
d. Where will Toddy stand to sell his 50-50`s ?
e. Are the seats all facing the pitch now that JGFC have left the scene and has the new stand been bolted down?
f. Where will the shop be sited so Pam can see the pitch?
g. Can the car park at the Memorial Hall be used for disabled parking, Match officials, board members, sponsors and guests?
These and many other issues will be sorted out by the fantastic board and fans of 74 and we must see this as a great opportunity to develop our community involvement along with Barnton and move the club forward.

Ok ok....some seem to be pushing this post in a 'certain' direction on something i questioned and explained.
At no point did i...
1. Say i would stop watching. Merely pointed out the comment of 'easier to get to' does not apply to all and explained why.
2. At NO point said it wasnt a good move by the board
Seems the usual suspects are looking for cheap likes by manipulating words!!

I did start by stating i like Barntons ground, but i have many concerns and am not jumping on the 'happy bus' with the optimists!...just yet!
Im waiting for the answers but if we dont use the forum to voice concerns how will those who give the answers know ALL the concerns we have and what would be the point of the forum in the first place?!.

Perhaps it's my academic and professional experience in this particular field, but what struck me was the specific choice of lexis used in the club statement to announce this new groundshare. May I draw your attention to the following:

The Board of 1874 Northwich FC are pleased to announce that in line with the club's stated aim of playing football within the Northwich area, an agreement has been reached with Barnton FC for the club to play home matches at the Townfield ground from the start of the 2019 / 2020 season on an initial two-year agreement.

A core ambition of 1874 Northwich FC is to achieve a permanent home base for the club within Northwich, this is the first step towards that ambition.

I've read this back a few times since its release, and combined with a couple of social media posts in recent weeks as well as replies above, I get the distinct impression that this move to Barnton is indeed a 'stepping stone' to bigger and better things from the summer of 2021. Furthermore, there have been a few indications that additional news in this regard will be announced to co-owners/members at our upcoming AGM (which is conveniently just several weeks away). I therefore suggest that we wait until then to see exactly what transpires - my gut feeling is that something huge is on the horizon. :scarf:

@Steve Rees-Smith, you've now got me intrigued and I hope you are right regarding something bigger and exciting on the horizon. Some further digging just now by myself and I think i'm on the same thinking as yourself.

Moving to Barnton won't be a problem for me because my home is in Barnton, about 5 minutes walk away from the ground so this move suits me perfectly.
However I do understand & respect some of the concerns which has been raised up on this post since the ground share agreement was announced.
Some of the concern I have has already been brought up already earlier in the post, these concerns are:
1) Parking for other supporters
2) The local Barnton residents complaining about the noice.
3) Getting over winnington bridge for other supporters on a Saturday.
4) The limited covered terraces at Barnton's ground.
5) The clubhouse/catering area at Barnton isn't the biggest so would it cope on busy match days?
6) What will happen to our clubshop and programme selling shed & where will they go at Barnton?

Obviously the board will be addressing these concerns in the coming weeks & I for one can not wait for us to move to Barnton next season, personally I think it is a step in the right direction for our football club & I'm sure once all the concerns we have has been addressed we'll be all happy that we made this move.

Also I would like to congratulate our hard working board who made this move happen, sometimes you may feel unappreciated but I ensure you we all deeply appreciate everything you do for our football club & thank you for doing such a fantastic job.

P.S A massive thank you goes out to Winsford United for giving our club a home since our formation, I will always be grateful for what they've done for our club.
And another thank you goes out to Barnton football club & Barnton Parish council for agreeing to the ground share.

#WeAre74

Ok ok....some seem to be pushing this post in a 'certain' direction on something i questioned and explained.
At no point did i...
1. Say i would stop watching.... .

Didn’t doubt that for a moment ;):):scarf:

Back