• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 News An announcement from the Board of 1874 Northwich F.C.

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
The Board of 1874 Northwich FC are pleased to announce that in line with the clubs stated aim of playing football within the Northwich area, an agreement has been reached with Barnton FC for the club to play home matches at the Townfield ground from the start of the 2019 / 2020 season on an initial two year agreement.

A core ambition of 1874 Northwich FC is to achieve a permanent home base for the club within Northwich, this is the first step towards that ambition.

The board of 1874 Northwich FC would like to put on record their sincere gratitude to Winsford United FC for enabling the club to play at the St Luke’s Barton Stadium and they are eternally grateful for their hospitality and support during the clubs early years.

Our appreciation also goes to Barnton FC for the welcome that has been extended to 1874 Northwich FC, we look forward to working with them to the mutual benefit of both clubs.

The post An announcement from the Board of 1874 Northwich F.C. appeared first on 1874 Northwich F.C..

Continue reading...

Fantastic news. I’m sure we can nurture a working relationship which will be mutually beneficial. Big step forward in my opinion. Well done to all those involved at both clubs who have clearly worked hard to make this move happen.

Brilliant news. A big step in the right direction that I hope will allow us to grow and progress as a club. Well done to the board.

Excuse my ignorance but why is this a good move in the right direction?
First of all it puts us closer to northwich
2nd I would assume although don’t quote me the price of which when compared to winsford May work more in ur favour when considering our long term goal is our own ground
3rdly and by no means a dig at winsford but our relations haven’t been as great as they have been in the past recently so a fresh start with a new club who may appreciate our input in ground works and pitch maintanence May revitalise our team of volunteers

Excuse my ignorance but why is this a good move in the right direction?
1) In Northwich and chance of higher crowds and potential to reach out to the wider community.
2) Better pitch meaning less postponements and better football.
3) Better match day experience which will only encourage people to attend games. Winsford is a little on the souless side and no good for generating an atmosphere because of distance from pitch.
4) Don't imagine the rent is too high. It will certainly be cheaper than Witton which would have just risked the financial security of the club.

I could go on.

Parking is something that I imagine will need addressing but on the whole the benefits far outweigh any disadvantages in my mind. Winsford's hospitality was appreciated but I do think the time has come for us to move somewhere else. We're not going to realistically grow as a club from Winsford.

An astute move by the board.

I can understand those reasons and I am sure the board must consider it a step in the right direction but 1.More difficult to get to than Winsford eg traffic over the bridge over river.
2. Parking poor. 3. Facilities not as good. I.e.little cover if it rains etc. Not one of my favourite grounds afraid.
Glad most seem to be happy but my initial reaction is of disappointment and I will need some convincing.

I can understand those reasons and I am sure the board must consider it a step in the right direction but 1.More difficult to get to than Winsford eg traffic over the bridge over river.
2. Parking poor. 3. Facilities not as good. I.e.little cover if it rains etc. Not one of my favourite grounds afraid.
Glad most seem to be happy but my initial reaction is of disappointment and I will need some convincing.
I think long term this is a good move that will speed up the realisation of a lot of our goals

Reactions: Ben

Agree on the parking. Debatable whether the facilities at Winsford are better though and Barnton as a ground is on the small side but I quite like it with the small terrace and being closer to the pitch. As for it being more difficult to get to, guess it depends where you're coming from. I come from Weaverham usually and Barnton is certainly easier from there.

Where else would you propose we could have ground shared? Witton? No other realistic option that I can see in the area.

Guess for the time being we will just have to differ on our opinions Ben. For me it's harder to get to and I consider facilities better at Winsford esp. the parking. Not convinced gates will be better either. So would have preferred to stay put but as mentioned before there may be reasons for moving that I am not privy to. And I appear to be the only one not too happy at the moment. I am more than happy for my initial fears to be allayed and the move proves to be the right one. Time will tell I guess.

A very positive move in my opinion, even if it's 5 miles further away from me.

Winsford served us well, and they deserve our thanks for putting up with us for our first few years, but it had the drawback of being "outside Northwich", with all the negativity which that brought upon us (both externally and occasionally internally). I also found Winsford a bit soulless as a ground due to the wide expanses behind the goals.
Barnton will give us a fresh chance to kick-start things as well, both on and off the field.

I share the concerns about the parking, and seem to recall the local residents were not too enamoured of the boorish behaviour of Barnton's previous tenants, but I am sure we will collectively do our utmost to endear ourselves to the locals and show them that a decent-sized NL crowd can also be decent in other ways too.

Progress is all about making small steps in the right direction. This is one small step.

Guess for the time being we will just have to differ on our opinions Ben. For me it's harder to get to and I consider facilities better at Winsford esp. the parking. Not convinced gates will be better either. So would have preferred to stay put but as mentioned before there may be reasons for moving that I am not privy to. And I appear to be the only one not too happy at the moment. I am more than happy for my initial fears to be allayed and the move proves to be the right one. Time will tell I guess.

Fair enough. We'll have to see.

Back