• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Winsford now OFF

Apparently (according to a very reliable 1874 source) that your Sunday game in the FA Vase may take place at a football ground in Wincham if your home pitch is unfit. Seems a sensible arrangement to have a back-up plan. And Pontefract won't have played there in a previous round!
GE
Well then “apparently” I shall be doing something else on that Sunday as I won’t be going the football if it’s at wi**on!! :mad:.

Working with Witton?

They’ve proved themselves time and time again to be a horrendous untrustworthy club. Would not be comfortable being purely tenants, (unless a very long term contract with a fixed price that changes inline with inflation only).

Would be very careful. The contract would have to be right.

Last edited:
Yo
Working with Witton?

They’ve proved themselves time and time again to be a horrendous untrustworthy club. Would not be comfortable being purely tenants, (unless a very long term contract with a fixed price that changes inline with inflation only).

Your only potentially playing one game there (& only if Barton Stadium is unfit), not marrying into Witton. Steady on Andy, have a lie down.
GE

Working with Witton?

"Time and time again to be an horrendous untrustworthy club". I feel that is very harsh, we paid back 100% of a 100% CVA for instance as opposed to Northwich Victoria paying back 0% of a 37% one. That was before the 1874 breakaway of course.

if we are serious about moving the club forward.going for promotions,attracting quality players.With the right deal that would that be Beneficial To Both Clubs it has got to be on the agenda for discussion for the board and our trust members.. I would not mind staying at winsford if they showed some ambition to carry out improvements and not just to the playing area.i dread to think what state the place would be in without the work of the 1874 volunteers.It is becoming apparent due to more adverse weather conditions( I personally blame the North Koreans but that's another post) that clubs at this level should have reciprocal arrangements where possible to enable games to be played for the benefit of of all fans of non league

if we are serious about moving the club forward.going for promotions,attracting quality players.With the right deal that would that be Beneficial To Both Clubs it has got to be on the agenda for discussion for the board and our trust members.. I would not mind staying at winsford if they showed some ambition to carry out improvements and not just to the playing area.i dread to think what state the place would be in without the work of the 1874 volunteers.It is becoming apparent due to more adverse weather conditions( I personally blame the North Koreans but that's another post) that clubs at this level should have reciprocal arrangements where possible to enable games to be played for the benefit of of all fans of non league

I agree with the above. i dont think we can move foreward whilst staying at Winsford .I think the owners need to have a serious discussion about our home in the next few years.

In my opinion anyone thinking that we are not moving forward are insulting the tremendous achievements by the board,management and playing staff in our record breaking season thus far. Patience people please.

not insulting anyone just trying to suggest practical solutions to ongoing concerns that people have

Not insulting at all, like Virgil Caine has said.

The board have shown they have the know how and built an impressive set of skills over the 5 years. 1874 is probably ran better that many clubs even in the higher echelons of Non-League football.

On the pitch, this season we currently have our strongest team breaking all sorts of records.

However, if we are serious about progressing on the pitch, we probably do need a surface where we can get games on. This team is good enough to win this league no doubt, but we are fighting against the pitch.

A better playing surface would enable the team to progress off the pitch also. Being closer to Northwich, on a pitch that handles the weather better will only send attendances and club revenue one way. Upwards.

If the club wants to go to the next level, it’s something that certainly should be considered.

5 more years at Winsford fighting against the pitch would not be as beneficial for the club.

Im not sure what is the best alternative to Winsford if any.But its got to be worth putting our heads together as owners and see if we can come up with a better solution to that pitch.
We dont seem any closer than when we were formed to getting our home ground (could be wrong),
So we need a home with a pitch that is fit for purpose for the next few years at least.

can some remain me how many HOME have been call off this season let me think 3 how many away game have 8 so moving ground is not going to solve the problem we have just been unlucky with the weather we doing everything we can to sort the soft part at winsford but we can’t dig it up till the end season

How come you didn't have this issue when you went to watch V*cs at Wincham Park but you do now?
I actually realise now what a back stabbing, money grabbing, no morals bunch of to$$ers you lot are, and now, as ive stated before, would rather burn a fiver than give it to Wi**on.....merry Christmas!! :D.
Nice to see you still commenting on my posts though.....god loves a trier :oops:.
Good to see you on here again more concerned about our problems than on your own forum working out your own teams shortfalls!
I would have thought with WHS and CJ on your forum you'd spend more time on there as those pair can even make you look intelligent!! :eek:.

Last edited:
can some remain me how many HOME have been call off this season let me think 3 how many away game have 8 so moving ground is not going to solve the problem we have just been unlucky with the weather we doing everything we can to sort the soft part at winsford but we can’t dig it up till the end season

Serious question.
Why are we digging the pitch up at the end of the season or even spending our clubs money on a pitch we pay good money to rent.
I wouldnt hire a car for the weekend and then take it to have new tyres put on at my cost.

A better playing surface would enable the team to progress off the pitch also. Being closer to Northwich, on a pitch that handles the weather better will only send attendances and club revenue one way. Upwards. .
Not true I'm afraid Andy. Wi**on have had hardly any games postponed, have a supposedly decent team at the moment, have just been promoted and have a ground close to Northwich yet their attendances have actually dropped this season and they are struggling to make enough money to cover expenditures!

Back