• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Winsford now OFF

pdw

Too much time on my hands
Jul 28, 2013
1874 alert says game is on
See you all this afternoon

Being told it is now off, check before travelling

What a joke what is wrong with these clubs
Yet again northwich fans travel to find no game.
Notice despite torrential rain last night runcorn town v linnets is on now there is a surprise

Last edited:
4 away games in a month called on then called off by the match referee.

The NWC league seriously need to start having words with their Match Referees.

Reactions: Ben
I don’t like to complain about matches but am fed up now of making arrangements to travel when told the match is on get there and told the match is off. Sorry but it’s not good enough. Something needs sorting.

How can the game be called on and then later called off by the match ref? What is the point having a local ref inspect the pitch in the morning? That aside, the Winsford pitch is becoming a bit of a joke now. Too many games are being postponed. This needs to Be sorted out.

Unfortunately there's nothing that can be done about it and its not the match refs fault as they can only look at what they see when they get there, it doesn't say much for getting a local ref in early to look at a pitch though because their opinion doesn't mean anything at the end of the day

4 away games in a month called on then called off by the match referee.

The NWC league seriously need to start having words with their Match Referees.

The league have no input with referees Andy, all officials are scheduled by the FA.

My concern is the all these postponements is putting people off coming to watch football at Winsford. You cannot be 100% sure that the game is going to be on whenever there is rain. I would rather have the game called off in the morning and then I could have made different plans for the day. It is simply not good enough. - a day wasted!

Post postponed games are frustrating, but it is going to happen.

But when games being called off last minute (especially when there’s been nothing but sunshine since the games was called on) on a regular basis - like it or not is going to hit the club in the pocket because people will give up.

Frustrating - especially when we finally have a team that everyone wants to be watching.

getting beyond a joke,another day wasted,
How can pitch be playable at 1030 but a few hours of winter sun have made it unplayable.
Im sure ref still gets his match fee for turning up ;)
Halvo is right this sort of fiasco is putting people off watching football at this level:mad:

Back