• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Winsford now OFF

WE have had ONE home league game postponed! The Runcorn clubs have had 3 against us alone!! It doesn't just rain in Winsford you know!

WE have had ONE home league game postponed! The Runcorn clubs have had 3 against us alone!! It doesn't just rain in Winsford you know!
Well said. People keep going on about Winsford pitch but most of the games we've had postponed have been away!!
And the one against Abbey Hulton could and should have gone ahead!

Not true I'm afraid Andy. Wi**on have had hardly any games postponed, have a supposedly decent team at the moment, have just been promoted and have a ground close to Northwich yet their attendances have actually dropped this season and they are struggling to make enough money to cover expenditures!

That’s because Witton are Sh**e

Serious question.
Why are we digging the pitch up at the end of the season or even spending our clubs money on a pitch we pay good money to rent.
I wouldnt hire a car for the weekend and then take it to have new tyres put on at my cost.

Because we want to put some soak away in witch will cost next to **** all to do just need man hours but what your saying we should not do anying should tell the lads who help week in week out to try and get a game on for you not to bother anyone then I for one will up at ground on Saturday morning to move the cover off the pitch but the again why we bother it’s not are pitch

We have not had a home league game postponed this season. Linnets have and look how good their pitch is.

Because we want to put some soak away in witch will cost next to **** all to do just need man hours but what your saying we should not do anying should tell the lads who help week in week out to try and get a game on for you not to bother anyone then I for one will up at ground on Saturday morning to move the cover off the pitch but the again why we bother it’s not are pitch
I wasnt saying anything of the sort ,
Where did i say dont do anything,where did i say tell people not to bother.
I was asking a serious question.
Do we as a club get the ground rent a bit cheaper on the basis we help with the pitch.

Presumably because it was a late postponement "away" at Winsford and caused a few wasted journeys? ;)

I am actually quite enjoying reading it, because it is a largely sensible debate about the many related issues. Mind you, there is a post-Christmas snoozathon happening on the WA forum on the prospect of us making a possible guest appearance there.

Ex drummer. Do you read your posts b4 pressing enter? I have to read them twice to understand what you are saying.

I’m so sorry I have dyslexia my reading and writing is not very good at all sorry and at end of the day could give a rat arse about what you think or anyone else

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm what we will be paying W****n if we play our cup game there?

It seems to me that they would make more money from the game than we would.

And how would paying £1,000 per game to our biggest rival in town be moving the club forward?

Once we were there they would just raise the rent every year or kick us out after a couple of years as they did to the Vics.

Just read your reply in full so now take back my apology & Tony liking it says it all really.We do have a friendly club don't we.

to be fair to Witton they did not kick the Vics out.they decided to move on when uncle jim got a new job sewing mailbags working for her majesty and the rent money from the Go Karts dried up (note to mods check this correct )

Are the backlog of matches due to postponements or Cup runs?

OK, I suppose it was about time someone actually delved a little deeper into the stats. We've had 21 fixtures postponed since the 2017/18 campaign got underway in early August. Home postponements are in bold.

Abbey Hey, Away, 02/09/2017, Saturday, League - Postponed due to FA Cup First Qualifying Round tie v Mossley
Ashton Athletic, Home, 05/09/2017, Tuesday, League - Postponed due to FA Cup First Qualifying Round Replay v Mossley
Charnock Richard, Away, 16/09/2017, Saturday, League - Postponed due to FA Cup Second Qualifying Round tie v North Ferriby United
AFC Darwen, Home, 30/09/2017, Saturday, League - Postponed due to FA Cup Third Qualifying Round tie v Ossett Town
Northwich Victoria, Away, 03/10/2017, Tuesday, League - Postponed due to FA Cup Third Qualifying Round Replay v Ossett Town
Squires Gate, Home, 21/10/2017, Saturday, League - Postponed due to FA Vase First Round Proper tie v Irlam
Ashton Athletic, Home, 24/10/2017, Tuesday, League - Postponed due to Ashton Athletic's FA Vase replayed tie

Barnoldswick Town, Away, 04/11/2017, Saturday, League - Postponed due to waterlogged pitch
Tow Law Town A.F.C., Home, 11/11/2017, Saturday, FA Vase Second Round - Postponed due to waterlogged pitch*
Hanley Town, Home, 11/11/2017, Saturday, League - Postponed due to FA Vase Second Round tie v Tow Law Town
AFC Liverpool, Away, 15/11/2017, Wednesday, League - Postponed due to FA Vase Second Round tie v Tow Law Town
Abbey Hulton United, Home, 21/11/2017, Tuesday, Macron Cup Second Round - Postponed due to waterlogged pitch*
Padiham, Away, 25/11/2017, Saturday, League - Postponed due to a waterlogged pitch
Runcorn Town, Away, 29/11/2017, Wednesday, League - Postponed due to a waterlogged pitch
Northwich Victoria, Home, 02/12/2017, Saturday, League - Postponed due to FA Vase Third Round tie v Ashton Athletic
Runcorn Linnets, Away, 09/12/2017, Saturday, League - Postponed 20mins before kick off due to waterlogged pitch
Charnock Richard, Away, 12/12/2017, Tuesday, League - Postponed due to Charnock's Macron Cup Second Round fixture
Runcorn Town, Away, 13/12/2017, Wednesday, League - Postponed due to waterlogged pitch
City of Liverpool, Away, 16/12/2017, Saturday, League - Postponed due to waterlogged pitch
Abbey Hulton United, Home, 19/12/2017, Tuesday, Macron Cup Second Round - Postponed due to waterlogged pitch*
Winsford United, Away, 26/12/2017, Tuesday, League - Postponed due to waterlogged pitch

* Matches at SLBS postponed due to a waterlogged pitch = 4
Away matches postponed due to waterlogged pitches = 7 (including Boxing Day v Winsford)
Matches postponed due to cup ties = 11
Home matches postponed due to cup ties = 6

Just four of our 21 postponements this season have been due to the condition of the pitch at Winsford.

@Steven, you need to stop using facts to support your arguments...... we need to continue with speculation and personal opinions to suit whatever that poster want's to believe...... ;)

Back