• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Groundshare

To be honest theres only about 12 people who contribute to the Witton forum and there a stubborn lot! The fans who i know are all for a groundshare so dont let the forum mafia give you the wrong idea

It will never be the same as that but in my opinion getting back to anywhere near it the two clubs will have to work together in some capacity.
I fear it will never be the same again too as interest in local football is, for some reason, dwindling.
I honestly think a 50/50 grounshare at a new location would be a great step forward and a better solution as it would be a new home for both clubs so no one club would be the primary owner.
How it would work logistically and say, midweek if both clubs ended up at the same level I don't know, maybe alternate years preference?...but then I'm way ahead of myself!!
One thing is sure, both clubs cant afford the decline in attendances that seems to be happening at the moment.

To be honest theres only about 12 people who contribute to the Witton forum and there a stubborn lot! The fans who i know are all for a groundshare so dont let the forum mafia give you the wrong idea
If they were all like WHS, who is a dinosaur that hates change, then you really would be doomed!!

Matt If 1874 shared with Witton would you and the 16 others pay when it was our home game or put it the Witton bucket like you did for the Vic's home game(your words not mine)?.

I fear it will never be the same again too as interest in local football is, for some reason, dwindling.
I honestly think a 50/50 grounshare at a new location would be a great step forward and a better solution as it would be a new home for both clubs so no one club would be the primary owner.
How it would work logistically and say, midweek if both clubs ended up at the same level I don't know, maybe alternate years preference?...but then I'm way ahead of myself!!
One thing is sure, both clubs cant afford the decline in attendances that seems to be happening at the moment.
Sky tv, armchair football fans, playstations, xbox's, other things to do etc etc. Proud to have seen the day Northwich was on the map footballing wise and would like to again one day (as long as its the Albs :p)

Reactions: Ben
I don't want to be militant, just interested - as co-owners can we force a general meeting on it if enough ask?

If they were all like WHS, who is a dinosaur that hates change, then you really would be doomed!!
Both clubs have them (not mentioning names!) and we should respect that as they will never change! Personally I love the banter and memories of the "good old days"!

I don't want to be militant, just interested - as co-owners can we force a general meeting on it if enough ask?
Perhaps one of the board could give us a comment or two?

Not read the rules in a while but I think to force an egm you need a resolution, a proposer and a seconder all of whom must be fully paid up members of the society + 20 members signatories (as per Tonys original petition to start the club in 2012) - not absolutely certain about the last bit but ask the board directly via the website, they are approachable and were elected to serve us. They are not JR and this is not their private club.

Last edited:
Paul may have already seen this and will respond when he has consulted with the others. One thing you won't get is a knee jerk reaction without thought or consultation.

Not read the rules in while but I think to force an egm you need a resolution, a proposer and a seconder all of whom must be fully paid up members of the society + 20 members signatories (as per Tonys original petition to start the club in 2012) - not absolutely certain about the last bit but ask the board directly via the website, they are approachable and were elected to serve us. They are not JR and this is not their private club.
Thanks chubbs.

Last edited:
Not read the rules in a while but I think to force an egm you need a resolution, a proposer and a seconder all of whom must be fully paid up members of the society + 20 members signatories (as per Tonys original petition to start the club in 2012) - not absolutely certain about the last bit but ask the board directly via the website, they are approachable and were elected to serve us. They are not JR and this is not their private club.

How much effort does it take to arrange a fans meeting to discuss this issue?

One thing you must remember we have a agreement with Winsford,we are not a club who goes back on our word it goes against everything we stand for.Winsford have been fair to us lets not forget that.
May have missed a thing or two as I haven't attended meetings but who had the say so to this agreement.
Was it solely a board decision or was there a democratic vote.
After all we are constantly reminded this is a fan run club, did they get a say?

No to Wincham Park Definately they would only reach an agreement to suit them and there financial gain not what's best for 1874 could we even afford there demands anyway and would hate our wonderful club to put ourselves in a difficult financial position by paying over the odds.

Do you mean a fans meeting or a members meeting Tony? As this would be purely a membership decision on policy.
As Toddy has intimated above we have an agreement with Winsford for another two seasons. What would this do to our reputation amongst the other teams in the league if we renaged on this?
This season has seen biblical rainfall and we are not the worst off in the league for fixture congestion.
Just playing a bit of devils advocate.

Do you mean a fans meeting or a members meeting Tony? As this would be purely a membership decision on policy.
As Toddy has intimated above we have an agreement with Winsford for another two seasons. What would this do to our reputation amongst the other teams in the league if we renaged on this?
This season has seen biblical rainfall and we are not the worst off in the league for fixture congestion.
As asked above, who made the decision on this extension?

May have missed a thing or two as I haven't attended meetings but who had the say so to this agreement.
Was it solely a board decision or was there a democratic vote.
After all we are constantly reminded this is a fan run club, did they get a say?

It was the boards decision after taking into consideration other offers of groundshare.
In my opinion it was the right decision for our first couple of seasons.
We shouldn't forget that at the moment we have owner fans and fans, not everyone who supports 1874 is an owner and currently I fall into the latter, I have my reasons and when those reasons cease to be a concern I'll

I quoted a 'fans meeting' Chris, we could all discuss the issue, see what the overall consensus is on both clubs investing in the Barton Stadium pitch and or maybe maybe not negotiating with Witton. The board could then plan a owners meeting to vote on the issue(s).

Again I say fans because I'm currently not an owner, I have my reasons for that and when circumstances change, I'll apply for ownership. I know I have no right to a vote but surly I do have the right to voice my opinion and have it heard on our independent forum at least.

Last edited:
Back