• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Groundshare

Better than not OUR ground in Winsford.
In all honesty we're not going to get a gro

The JRFC price is way too high Blackie. We're in a better position now to renegotiate, if it's still too much, we walk away.
But the quote for us was around 1000 per game which would be waaaaaaay too high!
Cant see witton taking anywhere around what we would be comfy paying.

That's why we can't afford your rent Paul,unless you charge the same as Winsford with a 30year agreement.?

Paul a shared ground in Northwich is the way forward but unlike other areas we don't seem to get much help from the council.
Out of interest does anybody know what our council charge Chester to hire the stadium that I think we all as taxpayers part own, Keep saying I will ask but have not got round to it but bet the answer is interesting.
Its a difficult one as on one hand we are grateful to Winsford but on the other I really do think its having a detrimental effect on support missing quite a few games. However renting at Witton would probably take all our home gate receipts and mean it more difficult to save towards our ultimate aim.
Would love to share at Moss Farm where I believe both clubs would prosper and the community would gain a usable facility.

That's why we can't afford your rent Paul,unless you charge the same as Winsford with a 30year agreement.?
I'm not the person to be a answering questions like that, I am merely a fan.

Paul a shared ground in Northwich is the way forward but unlike other areas we don't seem to get much help from the council.
Out of interest does anybody know what our council charge Chester to hire the stadium that I think we all as taxpayers part own, Keep saying I will ask but have not got round to it but bet the answer is interesting.
Its a difficult one as on one hand we are grateful to Winsford but on the other I really do think its having a detrimental effect on support missing quite a few games. However renting at Witton would probably take all our home gate receipts and mean it more difficult to save towards our ultimate aim.
Would love to share at Moss Farm where I believe both clubs would prosper and the community would gain a usable facility.[/QUOTE]

Personal opinion but I believe you have hit the nail on the head there as a longer term aim for both clubs pdw.

Blackie, Witton knew what they were dealing with from the off with JR, but do you not think more recent events have meant they cannot associate with him anymore? I think that is more what it is about than simply wanting to be 'top dogs'.
Don't understand your point?. As you said witton knew what they were dealing with at the beginning, what has JR done recently to make him worse than he was when they took his money?. And what does it say about witton taking money from someone with such a reputation!!
Hes always had court cases pending, reknown for not paying bills, been awful in running the club etc etc, so whats made him suddenly worse?....nothing!
Therefore witton have no "new" reasons for dumping Vics that they have stated. In fact they still haven't stated anything officially.
To me its just a blatent move to see off a "rival", and will remain so until they give a valid justified reason why they did it!

I'm glad this has surfaced on here as the situation should be revisited. Can Winsford give any assurances of the work they are willing to undertake at the BS? Surely it is advantageous to have another team playing there, and paying for the privilege. They knew that the pitch would obtain additional wear and tear and you would expect that they make reasonable provisions for this, taking in the increase in revenue the ground share brings.
It is a given that Witton would be overcharging Vics for playing there merely to maximise what they get out of the agreement as with Vics persistent financial issues/irregularities then they would not know how long the agreement/revenue stream would last.
Lets say £300 is the rent at Winsford, and £750 is the rent at Witton, then, if we can operate a Tea Hut like Vics do then the income this generates can be offset against the increase in rent, hopefully leaving just a small difference to be met. With Witton you are guaranteed a better playing surface and closer to home and whilst that won't immediately increase attendances it will mean that games are less likely to be called off helping to maintain interest with fewer postponements.
The playing surface should then not be an excuse for on field failings as it is conducive to playing good football.
Lets also factor in the possibility of charging for car parking as an additional revenue stream, as long as Witton are okay with that (and our fans are), then the increase in rent doesn't seem to difficult to bridge.
The board should seriously be considering this opportunity and putting together some financial forecasts on playing at Winsford and Witton, factoring in any additional revenue streams WP may present - it would be good to see them if they do.
Appreciate that Winsford gave us the opportunity to start out at the BS, but we can't keep loyal for the sake of this, no one will ever forget how we started and the support they have given us, but to move on we have to be looking at the future and the long term.
I have solely focussed on Witton here but Barnton's ground is graded for our level I think and a feasibility study could be undertaken to see how far off the next level they are grading wise.

From a conversation I had with someone in on previous negotiations it was nowhere near a £1000 for 1874, Other factors caused an agreement to fail. Now a bit of give an take from BOTH sides maybe a new deal can be done. But if you're tied into a further 2 years at Winford then it's a no go. Personally I think it would be good for the town and community for both clubs to work together. But I'm just a football fan what do I know.

I wouldn't have thought the contract with Winsford is worth the paper it's written on. The pitch is proving unfit for purpose and Winsford are unable to provide the service they have said they would. The club should look to negotiate with Witton as soon as possible.

Reactions: Ben
we never got a full explanation why witton was a no go. Perhaps someone on the board could enlighten us?

As a democratically run club we need to open the floor to this

Me personally can't see a way for football in Northwich to return to its glory days without the two clubs working together. Be that a groundshare or something else but pulling in opposite directions isn't going to work for anyone

As a democratically run club we need to open the floor to this

Me personally can't see a way for football in Northwich to return to its glory days without the two clubs working together. Be that a groundshare or something else but pulling in opposite directions isn't going to work for anyone
Subject started on witton forum about groundshare....first two replies say they don't want us.
This is the REAL witton view of us.....as I said, wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them!!!

Subject started on witton forum about groundshare....first two replies say they don't want us.
This is the REAL witton view of us.....as I said, wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them!!!
Yeh, but that's like 1874 owning their own ground and you and Toddy starting a thread on a ground share with Witton as tenants. Think about it...

we never got a full explanation why witton was a no go. Perhaps someone on the board could enlighten us?
I don't think Witton were interested in us last time. They were more interested in taking JRFCs money.

Paul if 1874 owned their ground I would welcome Witton if it stopped us going bust.

TBH Paul, CJ started the thread. I think he, like many Witton fans, think that once Vics are out of the way fans are going to start flooding back....they wont!
Witton either need the extra money or they don't...its that simple.
If they do, perhaps a share is worth considering with a compromise and price that suits both.....if they don't, end of subject and lets get on with what we have.
1874 should, in my opinion, be exploring other avenues...but that's just my opinion and I have no real say in the matter.

Blackie at the end of the day it doesn't matter to me whether 1874 want to share Wincham Park or not and as you say Witton might not want to entertain the idea anyway. All I would say is that I would one day love to see days gone by like those at the Central Ground and the Drill Field being packed to the rafters with people watching a good standard of local football with my mates and a few beers. It will never be the same as that but in my opinion getting back to anywhere near it the two clubs will have to work together in some capacity.

Seems fairly even with our debate so far
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Ben
Back