• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Groundshare

TimBen1874

Administrator
Jun 24, 2013
Yes I am aware that the weather has been awful however the situation at winsford is now beginning to have a real negative effect on our club and fanbase.

In light of everything that has happen in mid Cheshire football recently I believe it is time to seriously consider a groundshare at witton. Being closer to Northwich will do us good and the improved pitch will not only help our style of play but allow to get more games on which will help to build our fan numbers!
It's time to take this seriously and to stop shrugging our shoulders

Only if they are sensible with the rent that they're asking for

Put it simply staying in winsford it's detrimental to our ambitions

Nice one Tim think comments like that are not going to help us,think we need to take a step back and remember if it wasn't for them we may have never got going as a club.

We have a agreement with Winsford,also there has been quite a few games called off at Witton and other grounds in the area.It's very disappointing but we have had unprecedented amount of rainfall and the water table is very high,it at times like this we should stick by our club.

Is there any chance we could have a idea of the cost Winsford charge and what witton were asking.
It might put a stop to this can we cant we situation that people are referring to regarding witton!
After all, we are an open fan run club.

The Winsford cost was discussed at the AGM & I can't remember the exact figure but it was less than £500 a game - might have been closer to £300+ vat but can't remember.
I believe Witton wanted at least £1000 a game.

Re the pitch. I think in our first two seasons the drains were the issue. Work done over the summer has fixed a lot of the problems but the issue now is that due to the wet winter the water table is very high which means the water has nowhere to drain to.
Maybe the drains need connecting to a different main drain, but I've no idea if that's possible or how much it might cost.

Is there any chance we could have a idea of the cost Winsford charge and what witton were asking.
It might put a stop to this can we cant we situation that people are referring to regarding witton!
After all, we are an open fan run club.

Pretty sure it's been mentioned at a fans meeting at some point that it was well over double, if not triple.

Brcause Witton thought thst we would have our rent paid they asked a sum well in excess of a £1000, say no more !?.

the whole thing is turning into an embarressment for the club. We can just sit here with the idea that we'd have nothing without winsford, we play there who's to say we wouldn't have found anywhere else to play?"?? (whilst none of this is winsford a fault I might add)
If the board is unwilling to discuss witton il drop it and start asking other questions, why has nothing been heard from the stadium commitee? We were told a few months ago news was imminent and now nothing? Real ground has to be made to find ourselves a new home to ensure this farce does let happen again!

OK so we have a two year deal with Winsford, what then? Another two years or have we not planned that far in advance? How long before we'll have saved enough money to 'attempt' a purchase/lease of land for our own stadium in the Northwich area/proximity? 5, 10, 15, 20 years? In the meantime how do we attract the youth of Northwich (our sustanable future fans) to Winsford?

The way I see it, if we're planning on staying in Winsford for the foreseeable future, fair enough but both clubs and the land owner should seriously consider investing money on the pitch.

On the otherhand if (IF) Witton are interested in negotiations, negociate!
We have a lot more to offer Witton than JRFC will ever have.

Last edited:
How many sources of income do we have? If we can't offset some of those funds to subsidise a ground share with Witton, I for one would be willing to pay for Silver membership to assist with such a deal and I'm sure others would too.

We have sponsors, we haves that would fill the bar before and after shame before you consider away fans. We have volunteers that work in the pitch we have a huge pool of skillets that witton could dip into
We also are in a lower league so would get priority over WP for at least a few seasons!

Money isn't everything

How many sources of income do we have? If we can't offset some of those funds to subsidise a ground share with Witton, I for one would be willing to pay for Silver membership to assist with such a deal and I'm sure others would too.
Silver membership is an excellent method of contributing to club ownership Tony.
The more members able to commit to this helps the club build its resources and ultimately will enable us to move forward that much quicker.
Application form attached.
https://1874northwich.com/become-an-owner

Tim money is everything when running a football team at any level,just ask any team in our league or in none league football,never mind the football league just look at Bolton.How many clubs have gone to the wall by living above the means,just to raise £1000 for a club our size takes some doing.As for filling the bar who do you think will get that money?,not us it goes to the club who own it,also the money for the sale of refreshments on the ground go to them not us.The best thing for our club is to stay where we are.We need to built our club up with a solid foundation and financial stability and we are doing that,we are the envy of a lot of other clubs,so we have had a few games called off whats that in the greater scheme of things it's very disappointing but other clubs have had game's off they will cope as we will.AS far as raising funds for the club we are always open to new ideas or help.

Last edited:
Back