• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Groundshare

Toddy I agree with you I do but to say it's be all and end all also isn't true. We are a football club, without football games we arnt living at all!
I agree with SteveR and I would also be willing to upgrade to silver if a deal with witton became more of a reality OR if the funds used to upgrade went towards a new ground

The Winsford cost was discussed at the AGM & I can't remember the exact figure but it was less than £500 a game - might have been closer to £300+ vat but can't remember.
I believe Witton wanted at least £1000 a game.

Re the pitch. I think in our first two seasons the drains were the issue. Work done over the summer has fixed a lot of the problems but the issue now is that due to the wet winter the water table is very high which means the water has nowhere to drain to.
Maybe the drains need connecting to a different main drain, but I've no idea if that's possible or how much it might cost.
Cheers on the figures.
Surprised the water table is so high when the ground in on top of a bloody big hill!

Cheers on the figures.
Surprised the water table is so high when the ground in on top of a bloody big hill!
Suppose it is possible Blackie, especially if the subsoil isn't subsoil but clay.

Said it on Facebook and will say it again....
If witton had done what they have done to Vics to any other club we would have been calling them all the names going!
As I said, JR. Is getting what he deserves but it doesn't make it right. No reason is being officially given so who's to say they just wanted to make sure they're top dogs! :oops:
Witton have been second fiddle in Northwich for most of their history and have taken the chance to stick the boot in, something they have been waiting for for years!
When it comes to relying on them I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them!! o_O
Who's to say if we won promotion and started to get on a level par they wouldn't do the same to us! :mad:

From a Witton point of view it makes perfect sense to groundshare with yourselves.
I run a group on Facebook called Not Official Witton Albion and I've put the suggestion on there and so far its very positive
Our groundstaff are desperate for new blood to help and as has been said on here already your supporters would be willing to help out on that side of things.
Its been pointed out that the bar takings would go to Witton which is true but we have a membership scheme which means cheap drinks so its not all bad!
As for the catering side Vics run their own tea hut and Witton dont take a penny from that so you can sell as many pies as you wish and keep the profits! Its also a separate Tea hut to the one used by Witton so no danger of us selling your stock!
Good luck guys

If 1874 have no plans to contact or negociate a groundshare with Witton then both 1874 & Winsford need to 'INVEST' money in the Barton Stadium pitch. THATS IT FOR ME!

From a Witton point of view it makes perfect sense to groundshare with yourselves.
I run a group on Facebook called Not Official Witton Albion and I've put the suggestion on there and so far its very positive
Our groundstaff are desperate for new blood to help and as has been said on here already your supporters would be willing to help out on that side of things.
Its been pointed out that the bar takings would go to Witton which is true but we have a membership scheme which means cheap drinks so its not all bad!
As for the catering side Vics run their own tea hut and Witton dont take a penny from that so you can sell as many pies as you wish and keep the profits! Its also a separate Tea hut to the one used by Witton so no danger of us selling your stock!
Good luck guys

Run out own Cafe, that right Matt?
Does anyone know how much Winsford make from the cafe on our match days?
Must be at least £500, surly?

If Winsford are charging 300ish and witton want 1000+ then it's a no brainer!
If witton would take 300 then....

Yes Tony Vics ran the Tea hut, brought in their own stock Pies, Chocolate bars and drinks etc and manned it themselves so all profits were there own

Yes Tony Vics ran the Tea hut, brought in their own stock Pies, Chocolate bars and drinks etc and manned it themselves so all profits were there own
Your price per game is still waaaaaaaaaaay too high!

If we went to Witton Tim it would not be OUR ground in Northwich,and we be no nearer getting it.

If we went to Witton Tim it would not be OUR ground in Northwich,and we be no nearer getting it.
I am not "in the know" by any means but I predict that within 5-10 years time Witton and 1874 will have a shared ground in Northwich somewhere, and it won't be Wincham Park.....In the meantime it is a no brainer not to share Wincham Park, it would be advantageous for both clubs.

Better than not OUR ground in Winsford.
In all honesty we're not going to get a gro
Your price per game is still waaaaaaaaaaay too high!
The JRFC price is way too high Blackie. We're in a better position now to renegotiate, if it's still too much, we walk away.

Blackie, Witton knew what they were dealing with from the off with JR, but do you not think more recent events have meant they cannot associate with him anymore? I think that is more what it is about than simply wanting to be 'top dogs'.

Back