• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

ARE WITTON IN FREE FALL

Toddy
May I suggest that as you started this post and looking at the current Northern Prem league table you may want to delete this post .
Just a suggestion
Go away....no one cares!! :banghead.
Games played against teams currently sitting 13th, 15th, 17th, 18th and 19th!!, with 7 wins from 25 games between them!!...bully for you
Now off you pop and try generating some interest on your own forum!! :sorry....good luck with that!!o_O

Last edited:
But for some reason you can't increase your crowds. You also still have a squad assembled using JRFC's money. My prediction - usual Witton, a couple of good seasons followed by more years in the doldrums. I have a grudging respect though.

Games played against teams currently sitting 13th, 15th, 17th, 18th and 19th!!, with 7 wins from 25 games between them!!...bully for you
Now off you pop and try generating some interest on your own forum!! :sorry....good luck with that!!o_O
Oh lordy the Oracle has spoken :oops: Really bad start for us Blackie you are quite right :eek:

But for some reason you can't increase your crowds. You also still have a squad assembled using JRFC's money. My prediction - usual Witton, a couple of good seasons followed by more years in the doldrums. I have a grudging respect though.

Promotion paid for by Uncle Jim Rushe and disciples.

Oh lordy the Oracle has spoken :oops: Really bad start for us Blackie you are quite right :eek:
Where in any of my post do the words "bad start" appear?, or are insinuated in any way??!!
The point was you've played only below average teams so far!, and by their current positions the fact is true (I know, I know, concepts you struggle with....facts and truth!)
Don't you ever get fed up of coming on here and making yourself look foolish!!??....something, btw, I don't need to be the oracle to do!!...you do a fine job all by yourself!!

Where in any of my post do the words "bad start" appear?, or are insinuated in any way??!!
The point was you've played only below average teams so far!, and by their current positions the fact is true (I know, I know, concepts you struggle with....facts and truth!)
Don't you ever get fed up of coming on here and making yourself look foolish!!??....something, btw, I don't need to be the oracle to do!!...you do a fine job all by yourself!!
Arsenal and Chelsea are sat 11th and 12th respectively in the Premier League at the same stage of the season to ours. Do you think they will end up 11th and 12th come the end of the season? Going off your theory you do :oops:Buxton and Workington fans might see things slightly differently to the Oracle:rolleyes: Arsenal and Chelsea fans will probably ignore your words of wisdom too:oops:

Last edited:
Where they "end up" is irrelevant!!
Their current positions are how they are currently performing....as I said, 7 wins from 25 games!! (about 31% win rate!)
Arsenal and Chelsea have currently played two games each thus having a 50% win rate and hardly a comparison to non league football especially having played only 4 games between them!
btw, the oracle thing is not only unfunny, its making you look more childish and stupid than usual....congrats, I didn't think that was possible!!

Where a football club ends up at the end of a season is "irrelevant" is it?

I think I've heard enough.

Where a football club ends up at the end of a season is "irrelevant" is it?

I think I've heard enough.
So results against teams when you play them and how they are playing "at that time" mean nothing for comparison, only their final league position counts !?

The point is/was (and i'll try to make this simple for you!), you've haven't played anyone yet who is playing that well regardless of where they "may" end up!

You really are entertainment value on this forum! :rolleyes: (of sorts!!)[/

So results against teams when you play them and how they are playing "at that time" mean nothing for comparison, only their final league position counts !?
You really are entertainment value on this forum! :rolleyes: (of sorts!!)
Of course it does! When we got promoted last season I didn't care how Leek Town or Kidsgrove performed against us in August or whenever we played them! We got promoted and that is what matters come the end of the season, if we beat teams at this stage of the season its not our problem! Are you happy to win all your games in the next month or two and finish eighth at the end of the season? You are becoming a statto as well as the Oracle :oops::oops::oops:

whooooosh!! and there goes the actual point of the post right over your head!
You've played no one yet who is playing with any type of form was the point....I cant explain it any simpler...not even for you!! :(.
Id rather be a statto (actual facts and figures that are correct!), than.......errrmm......you!:D.

whooooosh!! and there goes the actual point of the post right over your head!
You've played no one yet who is playing with any type of form was the point....I cant explain it any simpler...not even for you!! :(.
Id rather be a statto (actual facts and figures that are correct!), than.......errrmm......you!:D.
They haven't got any type of form because we've either beat them or at worst drawn with them! Go and sup out of the mid Cheshire tin pot cup lol

I think the point Blackie is making and you are failing to see is that at this early stage if the fixture compilers have given you a nice easy start to the season you can't really use that as an indicator of projected position over the course of the season.It really is too early to start crowing.

But we are happy for you to keep coming on here and attempting to do so. I believe the term is "click bait". ;)

I think the point Blackie is making and you are failing to see is that at this early stage if the fixture compilers have given you a nice easy start to the season you can't really use that as an indicator of projected position over the course of the season.It really is too early to start crowing.

But we are happy for you to keep coming on here and attempting to do so. I believe the term is "click bait". ;)
I'm not crowing about anything and the point that you and Blackie are completely missing (which I can not believe you both are) is that we were given a very difficult start to the season. To get 11 points from 15 is beyond our wildest expectations, I would have settled for 6 or 7 any day of the week.

But please keep saying we have had "an easy start" if you are sure we have had. You never know we might just ruffle a few feathers like we did last season ;)

It's a JRFC funded squad that has failed to attract any major increase in attendance. The fact that you need to send out promotional leaflets despite having a decent squad must be a worry.

Judging by your reply you've actually taken the time to look at the table. Good to see you're taking an interest in the quality of our opponents.
My last point was just an observation .
Chief Broadys comment when he first sees the shark certainly is relevant here

I'm not crowing about anything and the point that you and Blackie are completely missing (which I can not believe you both are) is that we were given a very difficult start to the season. To get 11 points from 15 is beyond our wildest expectations, I would have settled for 6 or 7 any day of the week.

But please keep saying we have had "an easy start" if you are sure we have had. You never know we might just ruffle a few feathers like we did last season ;)
And the point you are missing (which I'm not in the slightest bit surprised you are!), is that you cant judge a team by who they are but how they are performing!
Buxton/Workington may have been expected to start well and may eventually finish higher, but given their "current" form, they are just a below average team "at the moment".
You can't be given a difficult start, but you can be given what "looks like" a difficult start on paper!,.....obviously, given their current positions, it wasn't as hard as expected!

We could tell you had lost the argument (again!:oops:), by your "tin pot" cup reply!
I kinda like our tin pot cup, in one of the finals we beat a tin pot team....the other year we beat vi*s :p.

Charlie...I looked at the table (obviously I had to because I take no interest in your lot!), to see how "impressive" the start is. Funny enough, I like to use facts for a discussion, unlike most of your lot on here!

Anyway, I'm off to look at the pictures of that tin pot cup again! :scarf:

And the point you are missing (which I'm not in the slightest bit surprised you are!), is that you cant judge a team by who they are but how they are performing!
Buxton/Workington may have been expected to start well and may eventually finish higher, but given their "current" form, they are just a below average team "at the moment".
You can't be given a difficult start, but you can be given what "looks like" a difficult start on paper!,.....obviously, given their current positions, it wasn't as hard as expected!

We could tell you had lost the argument (again!:oops:), by your "tin pot" cup reply!
I kinda like our tin pot cup, in one of the finals we beat a tin pot team....the other year we beat vi*s :p.

Charlie...I looked at the table (obviously I had to because I take no interest in your lot!), to see how "impressive" the start is. Funny enough, I like to use facts for a discussion, unlike most of your lot on here!

Anyway, I'm off to look at the pictures of that tin pot cup again! :scarf:
See

Back