• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

ARE WITTON IN FREE FALL

I hardly rate it as an overreaction, if you look earlier in the thread its toddy asking the questions and me just providing an answer.
If all you've got to have a go at us for is the alleged date on our stand then im sure us Wittoners can handle that. Lets face it you haven't got a lot to have a go at us on the pitch over the past twelve months.
If you want to speak to Mr Harris why not do it yourself. Come along to Wincham Park tonight watch the game and have a word with him.
You really have a short memory Charliebel,the last two times we met on the pitch resulted in thrashing's for the Albion.I surpose if you can not remember that far back it is unfair to expect you remember back to 1890.

I bet you hope you do as well in your next Northwich derby. I wonder who us Wittoners will want to win.
Keep your memories of last season Toddy I'm more than happy with mine

Come along to Wincham Park tonight watch the game and have a word with him.
108 there tonight against decent opposition......despite promotion, even the wi**oners can be arsed to turn up so why would we?!!
It's a good job you will have decent away support to boost the crowds this year, but then I'm sure c.j. /Paul etc will be claiming a larger majority of the crowd than you actually have to make your support look better!

I thought you were at Wincham Park,have you got a game?,if so it must be more interesting on here than watching the match.

If you haven't read the book how do you know what date WHS has used in it .
As for the date on our stand I'm not particularly interested about it . The more important factor is we have actually got a stand to put a date on . I'll leave you with that thought.
Chaliebel there was a Witton Abion in existence in 1887 and when Wincham Park was opened in 1989 the Witton board at that time decided to use the year of 1887 as the established date. The "new" Witton Albion Toddy refers to came into being at a meeting at the Cock Hotel in 1890 though only friendlies were played at first.

It is a very similar story for Northwich Victoria, the Vics we know today was actually formed in 1890. There was a Northwich Victoria in 1874 but this club disbanded to incorporate Hartford and Davenham United FC. This has been confirmed by Paul Lavell and is detailed on page 1 of Chapter 1 in WHS book.

Really!?...I go in many good book shops (and some crap ones too!), and I haven't seen it!.........name one? o_O.
Anyway, back to the interesting stuff!! ;).
The majority of pre-ordered books have been collected and I believe any remaining copies have now been placed on general sale. If you want to buy a piece of Northwich History see the clubs website for details on how to get your mitts on one (I'd suggest you get in quick though!)

Paul You can not use the date of another completely different club as your own,that's the point.The date on your stand should be 1890.

Paul You can not use the date of another completely different club as your own,that's the point.The date on your stand should be 1890.
Then why are some 1874 fans claiming to have taken Northwich Victoria's history and heritage. Going off your theory you have absolutely nothing to do with it!

The majority of pre-ordered books have been collected and I believe any remaining copies have now been placed on general sale. If you want to buy a piece of Northwich History see the clubs website for details on how to get your mitts on one (I'd suggest you get in quick though!)
So they are not in ANY bookshop and surprisingly, the statement was false?! :eek:.
Not like you!! (That last bit was sarcasm just in case it passed you by!). :oops:.

So they are not in ANY bookshop and surprisingly, the statement was false?! :eek:.
Not like you!! (That last bit was sarcasm just in case it passed you by!). :oops:.
It was a joke!! Do you know what a joke is? :oops:

There have been copies placed in Northwich Library and Sir John Deane's college if you want to read it and are too tight to buy your own;)

It was a joke!! Do you know what a joke is? :oops:
Course I know what a joke is.....it starts with a "W", ends in an "N" and has i,t,t,o,n,a,l,b,i,o in the middle?! :D:D.

Nice to see you here again btw, contributing to our forum and putting money in the coffers.....even though you said you wouldn't.......again!! :oops:.

I wouldn't go that far. I've never wanted them to win and never will but I cant see me wanting you to win either.

We know you'll all be hoping JGFC win. Your love affair with them will always remain the greatest hypocrisy in the history of non league football.:confused::eek::rolleyes:

"Love affair" with that SH*T, you really have GOT to be joking. Yet another V*ics company taking over yet another re incarnation of the dead corpse which the law of this once great land and the football authorities ought to have put out of its misery long ago! And THAT is putting it mildly! 1874 win for me by a hatful.

There are a lot of Witton fans with sense. Just not enough posting on social media.

Toddy
May I suggest that as you started this post and looking at the current Northern Prem league table you may want to delete this post .
Just a suggestion

Back