• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

ARE WITTON IN FREE FALL

What sand is that. If you speak to most Wittoners we are more than happy with where we are.
A question for you Toddy, has your attitude towards your team selection for the Mid Cheshire Senior Cup changed considering your clubs fixture schedule .

It's not me who said about your money problems and not being able to afford going up,but a Witton stalwart on your Forum.On the Mid-Cheshire Cup I am of the same opinion.

Read your own Forum Charlie and reply to his comments on the subject on your money issue's.

I don't think Witton's position with regard to promotion is different from many other clubs across all the leagues. Apart from a small handful of premiership teams, how many other teams get promoted, have to deal with financial constraints and then get relegated back to where they came from. Hence the favourites for relegation from the premier league are always the teams who just got promoted, but it doesn't stop them trying, nor will it us in our league.

I would stop gloating Toddy. Your cash balances won't buy you a new stadium and are not making your current pitch fit to play on. When you do finally sort out out your infrastructure and can play your games as they fall due, you may get promoted at which point 1874 may also face the realities of a life in higher leagues. Until that happens you should concentrate on finishing your own season !

It is vey intersting reading the Witton forum. Those who raise concerns are often shunned.

I'm not gloating Knustfordian I was just repeating what some Wittoner's are saying on your forum.why do you always, make it personal,and why is it you never reply to them in the same manner.Maybe the position your in is because you will not accept Witton is a small club who can not sup stain the level you are at now never mind going higher(better to be a big fish in a small pond,than a small fish in a big lake)don't take it personal just the way it is.I really hope you do go up good luck.
Why would I gloat I did not get you in the mess your in you did it all by yourselves.

Last edited:
I don't think that's the case anymore than it is on this forum. There are one or two who use the WAFC forum for negative purposes, but don't come to games and that doesn't sit well with some supporters

That's because you are gloating Toddy, even though you don't realise it and even though its likely to be unfounded anyway:) lol.

The facts are Toddy that we have sustained a team at this level for a good number of years. Yes we have suffered some relegations, but we have also come very close to being promoted from this league on a number of occasions. Are we in financial difficulties at this time? I don't think so. Have we got our own ground? Yes. Would being promoted be a financial challenge? Yes it would as wages would increase probably by more than increases in gates. Do we need to raise more funds on a consistent basis? Yes we do. But I would contend that's no different than every other football club, including yourselves. You continue to promote a vision of 1874 being perfect club, whilst running down others. I would contend that you have enough problems of your own, at your current level, without the need to think about what's happening at WP and any impact of possible promotions on our club and finances

You're right about that affecting every club at our level(s). Though some more than others, and you have to admit that sitting on a "valuable asset", although it gives you a certain long-term security, does little to ease the day-to-day cash flow issues. Promotion can be a risk, but it can also be a calculated risk, and sometimes the calculations don't add up, in which case it's sometimes better to curb the natural ambition a bit.

Anyway, we have to do something to keep forum traffic up in the absence of any matches! We need the money. ;)

Like I said Knutsfordian I really do hope you go up.I hope you don't think that's gloating.

Back