• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

ARE WITTON IN FREE FALL

None of my business how the board runs Witton Albion FC.
Only looking forward to hopefully a very successful season and after recent news regarding The future of Witton Albion FC why not.

Now WHS's book is out,will Witton be correcting the date on their Stand and in the programme to the correct date of their formation.WHS is now the official historian of the club and has acknowledged that the date of 1887 is wrong and the date ok 1890 which Paul Lavel's research proved and I said on this forum quoted to be fact.My offer of the ladder to help with the alteration of the correct date being painted on the stand still holds.

Toddy you can not have your cake and eat it. The real Vics, the Vics you supported all your life, were in fact also formed in 1890. Prior to that they were Hartford and Davenham United FC. This fact has been confirmed by a local historian and reference is in WHS book if you wish to buy a copy (£12 from all good book shops). So with this information now to hand you really should change the name of your club and all the merchandise.

Last edited:
The original Northwich Victoria was formed in 1874.Paul you should really get your facts right before you post,as far as I know WHS's book is not for sale in any book shop's.
The true fact's of the Northwich Victoria of the to-day are,in 1890 the original Vics was disbanded and an amalgamation of two club's occurred the other being Davenham and Hartford,the united committee then decided to keep the name Northwich Victoria.Some of the old Vic's committee had resigned and it is believed (but not a known fact) that they later in the year formed Witton Albion the name taken from a previous club the had disbanded some 18 months earlier.So I will asked again will Witton be putting the record right and altering the date on their stand and in their programme.
By the way Paul will you be collecting your bucket of Tripe for your well earned award.

Seeing as you have said that WHS acknowledged the date we were formed in his book , have you therefore taken the time to read it.

No Charliebel I have not read it,my information has come from Paul Lavel's unpublished book which he kindly gave me a copy of some years ago,the same book WHS got most of his information from for his book I believe.If you had read my post's on here over the last couple of years you would have read the same fact's long before WHS's book and I have been saying should correct the date on their stand.Bye the way Charlieble do you think now WHS has confirmed what I have been saying over the last couple of years about the true date of Witton's formation,the correct date should be put in the programme and on the stand,or left even though it's incorrect?.

If you haven't read the book how do you know what date WHS has used in it .
As for the date on our stand I'm not particularly interested about it . The more important factor is we have actually got a stand to put a date on . I'll leave you with that thought.

Charliebel I was informed by someone who has a copy.
To throw your dummy out like that when asked a perfectly reasonable Question say's I lot about you.
As to you having a stand very true(a stand with the wrong date) what about your programme are you going to keep the wrong date in that too?.

Fair enough its certainly amusing that the thread about us as gone on as long as it has.
In response to your last post At no point has my dummy been thrown out far from its just being honest . You asked a question and I answered it.
In reply to your question regarding our programme I'll give you the same answer I gave for the stand I'm not really interested what it says.
Im just a one eyed Wittoner looking forward to the upcoming season in a new league.
Seeing as you dont know me I find it rather strange on how you comment on what type of person I am

Last edited:
Charliebel I can only judge you on what you put on here(as you say I don't know you)but from your post you come over as a person who will not admit to being wrong and put's his head in the sand at any criticism of your club even if it's fair.Did you put your head in the sand over your clubs association with Mr Rushe or did you not care about that?.

Certainly never buried my head in the sand over anything regarding Witton Albion, not going to lose sleep over an alleged date on our stand or programme.
I'm proud to be a Wittoner always have been always will be.
Im more than happy with the way our board runs our club.

In addition can I just clarify that if I dont agree with a point you make that constitutes burying my head in the sand

From your reply I take it you did not care about your clubs association with Mr Rushe Charliebel,I think that's all that needs to be said.By the way it's not alleged date but a fact.

You can think what you want. We will just have to agree to disagree.
On my way to Wincham Park so im afraid ill have to leave it there.

charliebel
I take it that you failed In history at school to have so little interest in dates and facts!. however for future historians it is important that the history of any club is recorded accurately.To be fair to WHS he does agree with other local historians on Wittons formation date of the present club of 1890.Rather than over-reacting to Toddy merely pointing out that the stand and programmes are inaccurate.why not put the points raised to Mark Harris.he may even thank you for bringing it to his attention !

reference is in WHS book if you wish to buy a copy (£12 from all good book shops).
Really!?...I go in many good book shops (and some crap ones too!), and I haven't seen it!.........name one? o_O.
Anyway, back to the interesting stuff!! ;).

I hardly rate it as an overreaction, if you look earlier in the thread its toddy asking the questions and me just providing an answer.
If all you've got to have a go at us for is the alleged date on our stand then im sure us Wittoners can handle that. Lets face it you haven't got a lot to have a go at us on the pitch over the past twelve months.
If you want to speak to Mr Harris why not do it yourself. Come along to Wincham Park tonight watch the game and have a word with him.

Back