• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

ARE WITTON IN FREE FALL

toddyb

Too much time on my hands
Dec 23, 2014
After they decided to ground share with Vics have many Witton fans turned their backs on the club.Last Saturday's gate must be a kick in the teeth.

Given there were 600+ Wittoners that turned up against Vics it would suggest to me that we are not in freefall, far from it actually. To put that into perspective you had 435 including away fans for your big derby game with Runcorn a few weeks back.

Paul that was one game the first between the two clubs in the league for some time,and I suspect a lot of neutrals attended the game and I very much doubt there are 600 Wittoner's still watching you.As for our gate 435 not bad for a Dog and Duck League,and still 231 more than you got in the F.A.Cup

FA cup attendances have been dwindling at all levels throughout the country for years now and I suspect they are currently at an all time low. Great draw for us next round though at FCUM and there might just be an upset on the cards, who knows.

Same old Witton living of the back's of other clubs.

Same old Witton living of the back's of other clubs.
The shoe is on the other foot now though, not before time if you ask me ;) And we haven't rejected anyone's honest and just application to leagues or anything like either and never would do. That sort of thing might ring a bell with you....:rolleyes:

Neither have we.

The "owner" of your tenants and the person you are doing all your deals did though.

Paul you are getting rattled getting your facts wrong again,it was your tenants who did that.

Love how you brush under the carpet the fact you were staunch Northwich Victoria supporters when it suits. It's you getting rattled Toddy to your own, frankly ridiculous, thread.

Last edited:
Find threads like this unnecessary. We should be focusing on ourselves, especially as our attendances could very easily slip. I saw a post from a linnets fan who said their attendances fell to around 150 after a couple of years. Not sure what our gate will be today after recent performances but don't think it will be huge. Let Witton and Vics get on with it, at least Witton aren't going out and splashing the cash they haven't got, perhaps a year of consolidation for them?

Find threads like this unnecessary. We should be focusing on ourselves, especially as our attendances could very easily slip. I saw a post from a linnets fan who said their attendances fell to around 150 after a couple of years. Not sure what our gate will be today after recent performances but don't think it will be huge. Let Witton and Vics get on with it, at least Witton aren't going out and splashing the cash they haven't got, perhaps a year of consolidation for them?
Nail on head kit. I do actually have respect and like what your club is trying to achieve. I find posts like this unnecessary and simply distances any potential friendship between the clubs in the future.

Paul you have a selective memory,it was Witton fans on your forum who stated slating 1874 for no reason calling us Green and White slime and traitors,but don't like getting a bit back.I did not see you putting on there they were unnecessary post's.

At the risk of annoying some people I have moved this to"Other Football", as that is what it is about.

Paul I see you have not denied it was Wittoner's on your forum who started insulting 1874 and it's fan's for no reason at all,maybe it's jealousy of what we have achieved in such a sort time.At no time have we been personal in our remarks unlike certain people on your forum,so if you give expect to get some back,then maybe banter only works one way with Witton fans.

Well after one win in six I hope this thread you started doesn't leave you with egg on your face. Usual tarring of brush of all Wittoners yet again, it was probably one or two individuals who posted the remarks so I can't comment on that nor would I be willing to apologise for people I don't know.

Oh by the way I noticed we had a bigger crowd than you again today.

So you did and the same result.Paul if you read my last posting I did not tar all Wittoner's,I said certain Wittoner's so please be accurate.

Back