• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

17-18 Squad

Disappointing to lose yesterday but I believe it was a means to an end ultimately. Come the beginning of August we'll have a decent enough starting eleven. Accept others might view the present situation with a little less optimism.

I'm not optimistic I just think we have a lot more work to do than the teams who finished above us last year.
I will still be there every week I can no matter what, but at the moment, given what we've lost and who we've gained I think we are some way behind the others from the start.
Knocking v**s out of the cup is a MUST though! o_O.

Reactions: Ben
Exactly the point I've made before, we have lost our best players every season (whatever the reason) and that is a big problem, no team can expect to achieve anything if they are constantly having to rebuild.

If we still had certain players then I could easily name what I think is our best eleven and with them players gone its a lot harder to figure that out now, we need to get behind the new players that have come in and see what they can do before we can really see where we are as a team

^
I'd agree with the above posts from Blackie and Josh.

Big players have left the club in the past two seasons in particular, and to date, the likes of Bailey, Russell and Mitchell have not been replaced.

Yes, we can't judge the quality of the signings we've made until we've seen them but like others, they're not exciting me massively. I hope to be proved wrong and will of course support the team whatever.

I too look at the likes of Linnets, Runcorn Town and Bootle and don't think we're quite at their level, plus you then have teams such as the City of Liverpool and the unknowns in Burscough etc..., and next season could be our toughest yet.

We had 8 players missing yesterday. I expected to lose more than 2-1.

But when you saw the game pan out, it probably should of been about 3-0 at half time.

But ill give credit to the young lads who stepped in, they gave it their all.

We're still building. You all mention how good Linnets were last season, they lost nearly every pre-season game last season and had to recruit an entire squad after they all left.

We have time yet...

One in the eye for Streety then

Gary - can we quit the playground stuff?
Our aim is not to get anything over a guy who did a great job for us.
Rather, Bows and Goody's aim will be to bring the best players to the club they can given our budget.
We've lost 3 players to other clubs for entirely understandable reasons, Congleton have lost one to us.
That is what happens at this time of year.

What are people expecting from the season then can't see us being major challengers this season when we are rebuilding not saying that as a negative before that gets twisted 8th to 9th for me the season and hopefully a decent run in the Cups

On the assumption that I believe that Goody and Bows are actively pursuing additions to the squad, I think it is still early days to predict our finishing position. However I think ultimately, once the registration dust had settled, we will be competitive this season. Sticking my neck out, top four and progression to 1st qualifying round of the FA Cup (or better).

On the assumption that I believe that Goody and Bows are actively pursuing additions to the squad, I think it is still early days to predict our finishing position. However I think ultimately, once the registration dust had settled, we will be competitive this season. Sticking my neck out, top four and progression to 1st qualifying round of the FA Cup (or better).

Sounds good to me let's hope so

Given that we're not going to sign Craig Cairns or Ryan Cox, which players WOULD people get excited about?

Generally interested to know what/who fans are expecting. Just how much knowledge of players at this level does your average fan have?

Who can ***honestly*** say that Jack P is not a great replacement for Mitch? We watch our players week-in, week-out and like to think they're the best around. Time will tell but, personally, I think getting CTFC's player of the season is very promising.

That McGowan guy from Congleton - he didn't turn out to be too bad!!!

I can remember everyone being super excited when we signed Jason Carey during last season... I can also remember him not setting the world on fire. Maybe that was Streety's tactics and selection to blame but then surely a player of Carey's (supposed) calibre would have made himself first pick in his favoured position? He didn't.

Bailey, hall, Moran etc all had proven winning credentials and created a bit of excitement.
Signing the players player of the season from an average Completing side hardly gets you as excited!.
Ive not said they are bad signings and they may make a fantastic 'team' but the players signed so far look 'on paper', lesser quality than those we have lost.
Just a personal opinion.
Come the end of season and they prove to be great signings I'll be first in line to say well done.

I'm just questioning whether any of us really knows Jack's quality; good, bad or otherwise.

Woods, Meadowcroft are a little better known by the fans and a like-for-like comparison with those who departed is easier to make.

If we want to make really exciting signings then I think we need to try and finish higher than 5th in the league. I can think of four other clubs in our league that players themselves might be more excited to play for. It's a bit of a vicious circle really.

I don't know jacks quality and that's the point really! We've been used to signing "known" players with a proven background and this season, so far, the names are less known.
I'm not saying jack not a good signing, to be players player he must be one of their best, but he's not the "big" signing we have been used to.
Luckily he didn't sign for the other "big" Northwich club!!;).

194FA525-F13F-4830-8B13-B91CE5F04AEA-971-0000011F06CFF31E.jpeg DF3667CA-92CD-44E0-9F61-FBBB3C9C1F35-971-0000011F09E1AC22.jpeg
Glad the crowd doesn't obscure the camera work from sats friendly!

So far we've signed a mix of experience & youth. Ryan Jackson came from Rudheath & hasn't done too badly.
To get player of the year at your club you have to be decent & I noticed Jack scored when Congleton beat us last year.

The defence looks decent - assuming Connors, Jack Lever, Greg & DT will sign.
Upfront Scotty, Sam, Adam & Ryan are all pretty lively with an eye for goal.
Can't really comment on the midfield as not much has been confirmed there yet.

So far we've signed a mix of experience & youth. Ryan Jackson came from Rudheath & hasn't done too badly.
To get player of the year at your club you have to be decent & I noticed Jack scored when Congleton beat us last year.

The defence looks decent - assuming Connors, Jack Lever, Greg & DT will sign.
Upfront Scotty, Sam, Adam & Ryan are all pretty lively with an eye for goal.
Can't really comment on the midfield as not much has been confirmed there yet.
The god amongst men, Mark Jones, is still around...

DT and Farny were both at Atherton on Saturday watching so I assume they will both be available. Farny told us he was not available until September.

With DT, Farny, DM and Jack P (if the first two sign) that's certainly central defence covered.

What position has Jack L been playing?

Regarding the midfield, one name I don't think I've seen mentioned either on team sheets or signing announcements is Sam Hare. Is he still around?

Back