• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

17-18 Squad

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
No surprises so far - Dan Meadowcroft & Ben Woods have signed

Still never signed a John

We have two of them.

Scott may get 25-30 if he can stay fit and Sam will obviously chip in with some goals but we've still not got enough Imo especially when we were short of 30-35 goals last season which would have seen us really challenge for the league (and that's despite Tom's 30 goals)

I think Scott is probably the best natural finisher in the league, but he will need a foil and someone as equally adept to work with.

Only 6 July. I'm sure we all trust that Goody and Bows are on the case. I believe there is a curry night get-together for the players this evening, perhaps there will be more player news later or tomorrow?

Only 6 July. I'm sure we all trust that Goody and Bows are on the case. I believe there is a curry night get-together for the players this evening, perhaps there will be more player news later or tomorrow?
:D

Really pleased about Jackson returning, excellent signing to give us something more out wide.

For me, we need another striker to go alongside Scotty who can bag us 30+ goals, and then a couple of central midfield signings (our real weak area) and a centre-half/left back and we'll be looking fairly strong.

More needed but it's a start for sure...

I don't think we necessarily need two 30-goal strikers (others seem to manage without); we need more goals from the team as a whole and a solid defence.

I don't think we necessarily need two 30-goal strikers (others seem to manage without); we need more goals from the team as a whole and a solid defence.
Yes, true, we need more goals from the rest of the team.

That said, I don't think Scotty is an out-and-out centre forward. He's always at his best for me when he's alongside someone else.

Last seasons biggest disappointment was the amount of goals the midfield didn't contribute! o_O.
Puts a lot of pressure on the front line. :(.

Think that's being a bit optimistic Jack!! Scotty might manage it given enough starts but I don't think we have another in the team that could manage 30 goals!
Scott, if he plays all season without injury, will get 30+, hes the best finisher in the league.

Hind scored 15+ goals from left midfield last season and is likely to be used as a out and out striker this season so I hope he could double that.

There is method in my mad thinking;)

Last seasons biggest disappointment was the amount of goals the midfield didn't contribute! o_O.
Puts a lot of pressure on the front line. :(.

Spot on Blackie, we really missed Ryan Jackson's goals last season, I think he got 20 odd the previous year. With Ryan back playing on the right and Sam up front do we need another left sided winger?

Back