• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

17-18 Squad

Isn't Ryan Jackson long-term injured at the moment?

Scott, if he plays all season without injury, will get 30+, hes the best finisher in the league.

Hind scored 15+ goals from left midfield last season and is likely to be used as a out and out striker this season so I hope he could double that.

There is method in my mad thinking;)

Ryan Cox is the best finisher in the league, has been for years. He gets 40 a season pretty much every year.

Ryan told me on sunday that he will not be able to play competitive football until the end of August unless I heard him wrong.

Scott McGowan confirmed to of signed with 1874 for the 2017/18 season.

Happy Birthday, Scotty!

Attachments

• IMG_3684.PNG
    IMG_3684.PNG
    938.2 KB · Views: 12
Jack Pritchard- defender from Congleton signed tonight.

What's the fascination with ex Congleton players?

I haven't seen any of the friendlies yet to comment on what they add to the team just that's the third we've signed to date.

Think this guy is their players player of the season so hopefully good

I think its a good thing to be signing from local teams as those players will likely have less travel to get to games and therefore more likely to stay with us for longer than a season

TBH I'm still waiting to get excited with the signings.
We kept hearing the managers had some players lined up that have been playing at a higher level. If this means Meadowcroft and Woods then that's slightly disappointing, unless woods defending has improved.
Also a lot of the youth squad in yesterday's game. Know players are on hols but looked a ghost of last year's team. Was this by choice/plan or are we looking to cut the player budget this season hence the lack of 'well known' signings?

Jack was, as mentioned above, Congleton's Players' player of the season for 2016/17. He's only 21 and off today's showing, looks a very good prospect.

He agreed terms with Congleton, according to their website, the other week, but he must of fancied joining the 74 instead.

And that is why we don't announce signings until they've actually signed :)

Not sure if he was the one playing playing ping pong with greg before their first goal. If he was, he looked ok otherwise.

Conwy borough 1 v Runcorn linnets 6
Blacon YC 0 v Runcorn Town 10 (cairns with 6 goals!)
Bootle 3 v Souport 1
Looks like the main contenders are already sorted early doors!

Those three were above us last year and, unlike us, we're well into the title race until the end!.
Looks like they've kept most of their squads so they don't have much they need to learn, just fine tune it with a few additions!
I think what we are learning is that those three don't need much tweaking and we have a lot of rebuilding to do!!
Btw....what is our best starting 11??

Back