• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

17-18 Squad

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

can't just challenge for a title over night with a new management team and the new lads need time to settle in.
Linnets had a new manager and virtually a complete team from scratch last season and only failed by a few points because they had a poor start so that's no excuse. Be surprised if they don't win it this year.....probably very comfortably.

Regardless of what we have thought recently about the performances and quality of the squad, it's nice and refreshing to have one of the managers come out and explain what they are trying to achieve and the ins and outs of signing players. :D.

At this level of football, do players just receive expenses or do some get paid for playing?

The reality is that players money is accounted as expenses because it's not liable to income tax. But you will find at most clubs that the level of expenses that each player receives is based on talent as opposed to what expense they actually incur.

Goalkeepers: Greg Hall, Callum Spencer

Defenders: Lee Jackson, Jack Pritchard, Danny Meadowcroft, Ben Woods, Paul Connors, Jack Lever, Danny Thomas

Midfielders: Ryan Jackson, Taylor Kennerley, Joe and Matt Wooley, Aaron Clayton, Clevon Beadle, Mark Jones, Kazim-Waite Jackson

Forward: Scotty McGowan, Sam Hind, Adam Whitlock, Scott Barlow, Kyle Riley

Quite a lot of strength and depth there. The jury is out for me as to whether the replacements who have come in are as strong as the players who have left, but they deserve a chance. Hopefully Paul and Wayne can get them playing as a team and playing entertaining football and who knows what might happen. Up the 74! :scarf:

Kyle Riley is the key signing for me a will be the perfect foil for Scotty. Here's hoping they gel quickly and successfully.

Please can someone help me, I have a really bad memory and struggle to remember things, I have the new team picture as my desktop background but I am embarrassed that I dont know half the team, can someone with better knowledge than me(not difficult) tell me the players left to right and what row . Thanks

Registered Chad Lowe and Owen Whyatt according to the nwcfl website

We haven't signed Owen Wyatt, just an error on the League website.

Chad is from U21's, he did register for the first team last season as well. Good lad!

Back