• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

17-18 Squad

According to my records,Andy Jones appeared in 3 friendly games in the 2015-16 season.

As Edge says Andy Jones played in a pre season friendly, he is one of 26 players (including 4 in named trialists) to have only played in friendly games before the start of this season's pre season friendlies.

If you check the list of players in the 3rd Annual Season Review you will see Andy Jones is listed as having only played in a friendly and as such has not been allocated a Heritage Number which are only given to players who have played in a competitive game - for the record non playing subs are also not awarded a Heritage Number.

Cheers for that Garry.
So technically, he wasn't really a 74 player then as I don't think we or in fact know of any club that include friendlies as part of official appearances?
I do, however, keep a note each season of anybody making a sub position just in case of a team line up requirement.

Lee Jackson officially signed up now. Disregarding those who are with us again that were here last year we've recruited,
4 Defenders - Meadowcroft, Jackson, Woods and Pritchard.
1 Midfield - Waite-Jackson

Could really do with some more Midfielders as we seem light in that department, particularly if pkaying a 4-4-2 and less than a month to go until the season opener against V*cs.

Nik, we played a Mr A Trialist against Sandbach wide on the left and he looked pretty tasty - a real positive addition to the squad if we could get him.... there was also another striker who lined up as a sub, surprisingly also called A Trialist who looked pretty handy.... sure it is all in hand :)

I don't doubt the Management have some further signings to announce, hopefully in more advanced roles than Defense.

I had heard that one A Trialist stood out more than the other A Trialist and would be quite a signing based on the reviews i've heard about him.

Confirmation tonight that Jake Parker (left wing trialist and scorer of a brace at Radcliffe) has signed. Let's hope he carries his superb pre-season form into the league.

Aaron Clayton has also completed first team forms - further proof, if ever it were needed, that our U21 Development Squad will be integral to the future of our club. :scarf:

Looked a fair player at radcliffe,
See you all tomorrow

Hopefully get my first look at him tomorrow.
Hope the managers can bring the best out of him.

We are at a point, where the squad list can be published this weekend. I thank everyone for their patience! What I wanted to do was ensure that we had all lads signed up first. This is now the case, it has taken some time because of players being on holiday etc, but we are there. Or are we? I suspect that I won't be allowed to put my pen away just yet.............

I believe it is. Sounds a bit like Shelton Payne who played for us last year, lots of talent but never quite used it to his full potential!!
Lets hope the managers can change this and he'll turn out to be a good signing.

I guess with an extremely competitive league, we have struggled to attract the players.

I guess with an extremely competitive league, we have struggled to attract the players.
Who are "the players" we have signed Kazim Waite-Jackson, Lee Jackson, Dan Meadowcroft, Jack Pritchard, Ben Woods, Jake Parker.

Kept hold of all of last seasons squad bar 3 key players (Bailey, Russy and Mitch)

We will keep recruiting and looking for ways to improve the team going forward.

The retained list will be announced soon, very soon I think!

I hope to see everyone at our HOME friendly vs Glossop NE on Saturday!

We will be wearing our brand new home kit for the first time, there will be a team photo I believe, it should be a great game of football against a very strong Evo Stik North side!

Last edited:
Why are people being so negative we have a good squad with a few additions it will be a great one what do all want big name signing well that worked so well last season NOT the managers know what the doing the a plan and just get behind then see you all Saturday

It's going to take time expect us this season to go further in the Cups and a top seven finish will do for me can't just challenge for a title over night with a new management team and the new lads need time to settle in.

Not negative, merely a comment on the competitiveness of the league. It's a pretty impressive line-up for a league quite far down the pyramid!

Not negative but having seen most of the pre season games my views are based on that.
I think we are weaker than last year on what I have seen, 3 quality players have not been replaced in my opinion.
However let's see a week on Saturday when the real thing starts
See you all saturday

Back