• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

17-18 Squad

With DT, Farny, DM and Jack P (if the first two sign) that's certainly central defence covered.

What position has Jack L been playing?

Regarding the midfield, one name I don't think I've seen mentioned either on team sheets or signing announcements is Sam Hare. Is he still around?
I was told he was signing for someone else.

With DT, Farny, DM and Jack P (if the first two sign) that's certainly central defence covered.

What position has Jack L been playing?

Regarding the midfield, one name I don't think I've seen mentioned either on team sheets or signing announcements is Sam Hare. Is he still around?

So far Jack has played right full-back against Alty and deputised at centre mid on Saturday.

Sam Hare I believe has moved to Australia.

I'd just like to add that some of our best signings have been the ones that we have known nothing about when they joined - and some of the most disappointing have been the ones that joined with a big reputation. I think more than anything in this league its more important to have a team that works for each other and maximises each squad members strengths, rather than being a team of big reputation - something we've seen in Glossop, Colls, Colne and even Linnets over the last couple of years.

But to get back to one of Nicki's last questions, aside of Cairns or Cox, (realistic responses please :)), which players out there would make your heart skip a beat if we signed them folks? Obviously there must be some out there, genuinely interested in a a few of the suggestions people might have in mind.*

* note - the question is aimed at provoking a bit of debate, not argument; no word twisting was involved in the writing of this post ;):D

I've always liked Freddie Potter and Kyle Hamid at Linnets. Quality pair.
Ben Hardcastle at colls....scoring midfielder......oh what we'd give for a Ben Hardcastle!

Surely Hardcastle has taken the step up to the Evostik though?

You said realistic...I didn't say ronaldo or messi!!
Tbh, all of these I believe will or will have already committed to their teams for another season.
It's hard to answer any other way as we don't know who is still available and who isn't.

But to get back to one of Nicki's last questions, aside of Cairns or Cox, (realistic responses please :)), which players out there would make your heart skip a beat if we signed them folks? Obviously there must be some out there, genuinely interested in a a few of the suggestions people might have in mind.*

* note - the question is aimed at provoking a bit of debate, not argument; no word twisting was involved in the writing of this post ;):D
I like Declan Fletcher and Theo Stair from Congleton and Hanley. Both score 25+ goals per season.

Matty Ward said at the back end of last season he might get back in to football.
Another midfielder that catches my eye when we face him, is Franny Smith, ex Linnets and most recently AFC Liverpool.

In defence, there is another AFC Liverpool man in Dimitri Christou, solid in both of the games we played against them.
Josh Thorpe of Hanley is also a quality defender.

Thats just a few, lesser named players so to speak, but very good footballers.

Last edited:
If we want to make really exciting signings then I think we need to try and finish higher than 5th in the league. I can think of four other clubs in our league that players themselves might be more excited to play for. It's a bit of a vicious circle really.

True, but we are one of the best attended teams in this league and arguably have a higher profile and reputation than most clubs also, so our club should be an attractive destination for the top players at this level.

Before you say it, I'm not saying that gives us a god given right to sign all the best players and get out of this league, and of course we've got to be sensible with the money we spend, but it's got to count for something.

Just a thought... and I remain very open-minded for our chances next year and to give the new signings a chance!

I think the money we generate does count for something, but thankfully we've resisted succumbing to overly exorbitant financial demands of potential signings.

I think the money we generate does count for something, but thankfully we've resisted secumbing to overly exorbitant financial demands of potential signings.
Absolutely, Tez, and I hope that remains the case.

The last thing we want is to go back to the bad old habits of Vics. We all know how that one ended.

Reactions: Tez
But to get back to one of Nicki's last questions, aside of Cairns or Cox, (UNrealistic responses please :)), which players out there would make your heart skip a beat if we signed them folks?

Colin Williams.........

Reactions: Tez
Theo Stair is one of those players who you hate when he plays for the opposition - but love when he plays for you. Think of Dino Maamria!

Back