• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Tonight's Branding Presentation

My 2p worth (not a rant Phil!).
I thought that 1874 in the name was a mistake, it's awkward, related to Vics and limits what you can shout as encouragement which sometimes makes a eerie and quiet atmosphere.
That said, it's now grown on me and now we have it I think it should stay.
The main confusion I believe is due to the green and white shirts which is and always has been vics.
Ditch the White and encompass more black with maybe adding a new third colour which would belong solely to us as 1874 (maybe blue, yellow, or even something like purple, all of which would make a good away strip colour).
I really like the idea of a big 74 in the badge, the current one looks dated.
remembering as a kid (yes I remember that far back!), I used to draw my teams badge on my rucksack, the current one looks too complicated for this. A big 74 would be much easier.
Just my opinions.

One other thing I would like to mention. I'm not a member at the moment, but gladly, now my finances have improve, I intend joining as one for this season.
I noticed the meeting notes have been sent to members only.
The sticker in my car says by the fans for the fans, not for the fans who are members!
Surely meeting notes should be made visible for all fans not just members. We are after all supposed to be an open and honest club.
I buy a 50/50 and golden goal every game, souvenirs, programme and always put at least a quid in the bin bucket regardless of the result, so what I don't currently donate as a members I make up for in other contributions.
Many others do this too, so surely everyone is in titled to be "in the know" as we are all contributing to the club in different ways.
I don't think that it's asking too much to be kept informed even if your not a member as how are people going to contribute unless they have information. A non members ideas are just as valid and important as a members idea are they not?.
Again, just an opinion.

Last edited:
Blackie,
When you become a club shareholder ( member ) we have your contact details and information can be sent out. The alternative to sending information to members is that everything is put out in the public domain, which in certain cases can be detrimental.
All fans views are important and all are listened to. When supporters are able to become members it can only help the club, however all fans, members or not, are free to talk to any board member who will always answer to the best of their ability.

Sit down, Blackie ...

The main confusion I believe is due to the green and white shirts which is and always has been vics.
Ditch the White and encompass more black with maybe adding a new third colour which would belong solely to us as 1874 (maybe blue, yellow, or even something like purple, all of which would make a good away strip colour).
I really like the idea of a big 74 in the badge, the current one looks dated.

I agree entirely.
(well, apart from the yellow)

Blackie,
When you become a club shareholder ( member ) we have your contact details and information can be sent out. The alternative to sending information to members is that everything is put out in the public domain, which in certain cases can be detrimental.
All fans views are important and all are listened to. When supporters are able to become members it can only help the club, however all fans, members or not, are free to talk to any board member who will always answer to the best of their ability.
Hi Steve.
It wasn't meant as a criticism and I hope it didn't come across as that.
I know certain information can't be publically shared and rightly so. But notes from the meeting referring to rebranding etc I think should be as non members can get involved and possibly it might make them consider becoming members in the future.

Sit down, Blackie ...

I agree entirely.
(well, apart from the yellow)
I am indeed sitting!! Lol! :D.
Personally I prefer purple but any third colour apart from white I think is important to distinguish our difference from vics. :cool:.

Sadly, I've been thinking again about away kits.
Too many clubs wear blue so that's out, can't see red being popular either. Which just leaves a yellow & black Watford style as the obvious choice.

Sadly, I've been thinking again about away kits.
Too many clubs wear blue so that's out, can't see red being popular either. Which just leaves a yellow & black Watford style as the obvious choice.
Certainly distinctive, would definitely seperate us from JRFC, like it.

I too would agree with more "unique" colours being introduced, but I think from a purely financially practical point of view we have to go with the colour schemes made by the kit manufacturers we choose to use; in our case we're restricted by those offered by our local supplier SK.

Looking at this from my side blue and red are out as too many clubs wear them in league,and experience from the yellow kit it stains really badly and leaves brown stains on it when washed,purple is good choice but be dam hard to get tape to match socks.

Reactions: Tez
To be fair information was in the newsletter, available to all, and I presume to club also happy to get the story out there through the local press.

I really hope that any changes that are made to the kit are minimal because I honestly think that the badge and the name are the problems that we have and not the kit

In the absence of purple ;) my vote would be Blade orange/black from those for the away strip

Please no badge change I was saving my other arm for dragon tattoo so can,t have the new crest there . I like the look of the green tops with the black shoulder and maybe purple with the black shoulder as away strip would be excellent. I don't want to be the first supporter to have 1874 crest tattoo and regret it with change !!!!

I wouldn't be too dismayed if we do change it Trev, the original crest will always be that and will be remembered along with everything else that has happened in the past 4 years whether we change it or not, I know a bloke at work who has the old Leeds badge from the 70's tattoo'd on his arm, its part of history.

Maybe the only re-branding we need is to go out into the community and get our message about our club over to the mid-cheshire public,altering our strip and badge will not make the slightest difference to get people to support us.The only way is to get our message over is by our actions and better information about our aim's.Also getting a good team out on the field.A lot of hard work needs to be done off the field to get our message out there,word of mouth and advertising are the way to educate the general public.

Back