• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Tonight's Branding Presentation

I think idealistic suggestions are great, but how many nwcfl clubs go to the lengths our club does to keep people in the loop? I think we pitched it totally correctly, we exist for a reason. A similar reason to many community clubs, and all of them have taken on a similar identity to the former club. The sticking point for us is that that club still rumbles on somehow and still creates a lot of negative press. I do not think people in Northwich confuse 1874 and Vics. I think many of them (like Nicki?) just lost their enthusiasm for local football. The club must get back to Northwich, this is the crux of the problem.

Spot on with that. It does make a big difference and complicates things.

It's an aside but I'm hugely proud that we as a bunch of fans had the guts to take the step to regroup whilst the original club still existed. We've been called all sorts because of it but WE all know we got it right.

...but I don't think we should be using other NWCFL clubs as the benchmark. We DO have a bigger fan base, we DO seemingly have bigger ambitions - both which require more effective ways to market and sell to to harness the full potential we have. There's "keeping in the loop" and there's getting people to take action. We do the first quite well, the second less so.

There is quite a fundamental issue here. Is the club reborn out of Vics or is it a totally new club with no historical association/history? In my view it is the former. If it was Vale Royal Rovers playing in all White then it would be good night from me. I am totally against a move away from the green and white and sadly would walk if it did change.
Yes the club is born out of Vics, and god knows we've copied enough from them to make most supporters happy!. But do you want to follow 74 as a new and exciting club, or do you want an imitation of vics that's make you conscience easy to live with! I know the signs Peter, I've been there!
I'm not saying lose the green, it's a great colour, but lose the White. Green and white are Vics colours no matter how you try and market it as 74. Green and black, in my opinion, has always looked better anyway.
For a club who seem to want everyone to know we are not directly associated with Vics, we seem to have lot of similarities that some people can't let go of!
A new third colour after the green and black would give us our first "unique" item relating to 74 since we formed.
Saying you'll walk on an issue of colours sounds very shallow!

Last edited:
Another problem is being able to keep fans interested throughout the whole season with the nwc prem only having the one promotion place, unless your team is right in the mix to win the league right throughout the season then there isn't much incentive for people to keep coming

Lots of issues and ideas to discuss and move on. Lots of passion for the club and for it to do the right thing (whatever that will look like). Many points taken on board, what the club is decent at and importantly what it could do better. The Board are being honest, they know the Club can't stand still and know that our fantastic supporters need to be 'used' more.

1874 has been fantastic so far but we should all strive for better. And we all will, no doubt about it.

Another problem is being able to keep fans interested throughout the whole season with the nwc prem only having the one promotion place, unless your team is right in the mix to win the league right throughout the season then there isn't much incentive for people to keep coming

I appreciate that some interest may waiver if we are not in a promotion place, happens to every club and ours is probably the hardest league to get out of!

However the incentive for me is to be part of an honest, progressive club which is young in years but has great ambition. I know where my money is going and whatever effort anyone puts in is truly appreciated. And by keeping that level of support going throughout will see us grow stronger and will get us where we want to be, that bit quicker. I look at situations at other football clubs and am thankful for 1874, so rather than tailing off 'cos we are not quite in a promotion spot, it makes my support stronger.

This club belongs to its fans, it's destiny is in their hands.......

Just look at Hull yesterday, potential Premiership place up for grabs and the millions that would bring, but they couldn't sell their tickets because of the dissatisfaction at the owners and having absolutely no say how their club is run.

Reactions: Tez
Lots of issues and ideas to discuss and move on. Lots of passion for the club and for it to do the right thing (whatever that will look like). Many points taken on board, what the club is decent at and importantly what it could do better. The Board are being honest, they know the Club can't stand still and know that our fantastic supporters need to be 'used' more.

1874 has been fantastic so far but we should all strive for better. And we all will, no doubt about it.

Exactly! What shouldn't get lost in all this discussion about how we can improve things is just what a fantastic job has been done so far in building 1874 into the established and respected club that it is. We've been spoilt and we want it to be even better... which it can be!

A green and white shirt was always a bad idea as many pointed out at the offset. Unfortunately there were more people who felt that '74 should be Vics incarnated and were hell bent on all but replicating the romanticised Drill Field days.
"Many" may have pointed out but there was still a MAJORITY who wanted the green and white (and black). Hell bent on replicating the romanticised Drill Field days? What does that mean

There's no way we change the name of our club. We Are 74! The LAST thing I want is us to be called what W**ton have called us since we began; 2012 Northwich. That's a certain no no!
What I personally want to see is a continued atomosphere at our ground! We can go away and not stop all game! Or, like our last game v Colne, not have a single song! We need a continued atomosphere, we can't not have songs! (In my opinion this is!)

There's no way we change the name of our club. We Are 74! The LAST thing I want is us to be called what W**ton have called us since we began; 2012 Northwich. That's a certain no no!
What I personally want to see is a continued atomosphere at our ground! We can go away and not stop all game! Or, like our last game v Colne, not have a single song! We need a continued atomosphere, we can't not have songs! (In my opinion this is!)
Completly agree Jack, and this is a major area where our younger supporters can take the lead
Look at Colnes vocal support, Glossops Ultras, a younger section of the fan base having a good time and building an atmosphere. Sometimes its difficult but a few songs and chants really help and once started people will join.in.
Looks like I'm going to have to get the drum out again.
:scarf:oh no !!!

Completly agree Jack, and this is a major area where our younger supporters can take the lead
Look at Colnes vocal support, Glossops Ultras, a younger section of the fan base having a good time and building an atmosphere. Sometimes its difficult but a few songs and chants really help and once started people will join.in.
Looks like I'm going to have to get the drum out again.
:scarf:oh no !!!

Exactly Steve! You will probs see me and my mates trying to get it going, but usually we get some awkward looks (well what it looks like!) which seems almost as if we aren't wanted to sing! Glossop Ultras and Colne's Red Army are prime examples ad you stated! Me and my mates call ourselves 'Los Verdes or The Verdes" (The Greens) Now ik people may think "Oh what a stupid name!" But we are thinking outside the box! It would be great if this could keep on growing and growing!

ok, so lets get some songs made up... i'm sure between us we can come up with some...... :scarf::scarf:
Well as we've lost the MVB one, we need another big one! As we all know, the "Will Grigg's On Fire" chant is huge! Well, how's about "Your defence is terrified cause Wellstead's on fire!"

We should probably sing about W**ton more often too, we used to all the time in the old days of Vics! Bring them back

We should probably sing about W**ton more often too, we used to all the time in the old days of Vics! Bring them back
We still sing "Wings of a Sparrow" and always will. If/when you get a ground in Northwich we will sing that about you too!:cigar

Back