• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Tonight's Branding Presentation

I've stirred it up over the badge issue but now I'm starting to soften up to the idea of a few modernising changes.

I've stirred it up over the badge issue but now I'm starting to soften up to the idea of a few modernising changes.

You going soft Tony?!!!!!! Haha

I will admit that I went into the first meetings with the guys, not 100% sure about a few things. But after very open and honest discussions, I am fully behind the changes because they will bring benefits that will make us stronger

From the SKKits website, this is what I think we should be aiming at for our home kits:

Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg

If we do have to change our kit (which I'm not convinced that we do) this is a decent option

Home shirt only a season old, so I reckon any change is imminent. It's certainly a better option when the time is right, however my preferred choice would still be stripes.

Black shorts! Look classy and think of the washing.....!!

My memory may be playing tricks on me, but wasn't there mention when we debated all this 3+ years ago of some league rule preventing a team having predominantly black in their strip, due to the clash with the match officials?

From the SKKits website, this is what I think we should be aiming at for our home kits:

Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg
Quite like that myself,white shorts are big no no,we would go through three sets at least throughout the season,wish people would think about my back bent over the bath scrubbing them.

Personally I do not want to see the green and white diminished. There is something quite fundamental about this debate, is it about being reborn out of NVFC or is it a totally new club with no connections with the past?

I don't think that any of my black + badge apparel causes misunderstandings
I've had a least a couple of mis-identifications whilst wearing black. Even though Vics have used hoops for years now our green shirts are probably the most confusing - especially as our shirt sponsor is a former Vics shirt sponsor.

Looking back we could be seen as a clone of Vics - the colours, badge & name. And I think it would have been too radical a choice to do something different at our birth.
Am I right in thinking the Vics badge didn't appear until the 1970s so doesn't really have any historical significance? Either way I'm quite happy to move to a new badge - I'd like to see "Ever Glorious" remain part of it though.

Now we need to further establish our own identity. I'd like us to drop the claret & blue away kit and have something very different - black & white strips with green shorts maybe?

Reactions: Tez
Guessing you've missed out a "not" there, Tez?
Home shirt only a season old, so I reckon any change is imminent. It's certainly a better option when the time is right, however my preferred choice would still be stripes.

IF we are to rebrand though a new shirt would be necessary, surely? Home and away??

My memory may be playing tricks on me, but wasn't there mention when we debated all this 3+ years ago of some league rule preventing a team having predominantly black in their strip, due to the clash with the match officials?

You're not going mental Alan, there is a rule that says kits cannot be predominantly black. It's a bit woolly where the line is drawn though.
A few years back Oldham Boro were told they had to change their blue/black striped kits for that reason. I heard Colls might have fallen foul of it too at some point (although I'm not 100% on that).

That's right Alan, so it would depend what the shirt and socks are like! The kits are not going to change next season so there's time to debate and decide some of the detail.

I agree , please don't change the badge otherwise its a trip to London to the Tattoo Fixers :-(

God I forgot about your tattoo Trev.
You'll have to have the new one on the opposite side ;)

Back