• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

JRFC Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old news (again). Nice to see you back (oops, now I'm lying!), you just can't stay away from a decent forum can you :oops::oops:.
Have you chose your English and American football teams for next season yet mate?

Am I correct in thinking now that Northwich Victoria FC have issued a statement stating that the "money is in the hands of the solicitor" if it's not physically with the solicitor, the solicitor is in breach of his duties?

So does that count as fraud?

Yes

Fraud is a broad term that refers to a variety of offenses involving dishonesty or "fraudulent acts". In essence, fraud is the intentional deception of a person or entity by another made for monetary or personal gain.

Fraud offenses always include some sort of false statement, misrepresentation, or deceitful conduct. The main purpose of fraud is to gain something of value (usually money or property) by misleading or deceiving someone into thinking something which the fraud perpetrator knows to be false.

But I doubt Cheshire Police can justify the resources in pursuing a complaint?

I believe congratulations are in order

received_10155484128056474.png

With any luck, all those genuine fans will think twice about contributing to this deceitful club.

Am I correct in thinking now that Northwich Victoria FC have issued a statement stating that the "money is in the hands of the solicitor" if it's not physically with the solicitor, the solicitor is in breach of his duties?

Which solicitor?/Whose solicitor? Surely the club solicitor has no jurisdiction anyway if the Administrator is running the club's affairs? Surely it needed to be in the hands of the Administrator? Or is it the NVSA solicitor? Doubtful, since they are not a constituted organisation. So maybe some individual's solicitor? In which case hardly an official channel. And what's he going to do with it? Can a third party pay off a company's debts? Or will it have to go to the Administrator first? In which case won't the Administrator want to secure a formal creditor agreement first (and thus pass go and claim his £200, sorry £35K)? And if so, where's the £35K coming from to pay his fee? No fee, no deal, I would imagine. "No deal is better than a bad deal" - seem to have heard that somewhere.
And anyway, minor point, shouldn't it have been in the hands of the creditors about 30 hours ago?
What a mess.

Which solicitor?/Whose solicitor? Surely the club solicitor has no jurisdiction anyway if the Administrator is running the club's affairs? Surely it needed to be in the hands of the Administrator? Or is it the NVSA solicitor? Doubtful, since they are not a constituted organisation. So maybe some individual's solicitor? In which case hardly an official channel. And what's he going to do with it? Can a third party pay off a company's debts? Or will it have to go to the Administrator first? In which case won't the Administrator want to secure a formal creditor agreement first (and thus pass go and claim his £200, sorry £35K)? And if so, where's the £35K coming from to pay his fee? No fee, no deal, I would imagine. "No deal is better than a bad deal" - seem to have heard that somewhere.
And anyway, minor point, shouldn't it have been in the hands of the creditors about 30 hours ago?
What a mess.
:eek::oops::confused::rolleyes:o_O:banghead:bored:cyclops:bucktooth:hungover:hungry:jawdrop:jimlad:meh:D:D:D

Very interesting debate here

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Noticed that not one of Vics fan is challenging any accusation.
Looks like they're far too busy soaking up their newly found fame and publicity from a gullible worldwide audience.

Last edited:
If Nicki, the true voice of reason on here says that, they've done something bad!

Thanks for the kind words Kit.

I've posted very little on the Vics situation these last few years as the more it went on, the more it seemed that JR was somehow made of Teflon! He has proved very conclusively that this isn't the case, however, what Teflon coating he did have has clearly rubbed off on the club as it is still managing to wriggle out of every situation it finds itself in.

This latest leaves a bitter taste because I would've hoped that with him gone, there would've been a will to run the club on a level playing field and in manner we expect of fan-run clubs. The Just Giving page IS completely deceitful and that idea has either come from the 'fans' (who now claim to be running the club) or they're taking 'advice' from someone. Either way, they ultimately decided to go with it.

Having to raise money in this way - even if it is only to pay back someone else - does not bode well for the future of the club. I care little about that but it does grate that people are being duped. It's one thing JR duping the Vics fans, it's another for them to then do it to others.

They stated they needed £5k to avoid folding - they have now got that and, as I said, I would very much like to think that they will do the right thing and give the excess they raised to a genuinely worthy cause... or were they also expecting all the people who donated to help with the playing budget...?

Still, at least we can now give them a new name.... JGFC has a certain ring to it!

I agree with Knutsfordian. You've formed your own club and made your intentions clear.
You can't chance the past but you certainly can shape your future.
In my opinion dwelling on the past serves no purpose and will only hinder your future progression.
As a Wittoner we've certainly had our ups and downs but I am definitely looking forward to the next few years with excitement especially with Carl in charge.

I agree with Knutsfordian. You've formed your own club and made your intentions clear.
You can't chance the past but you certainly can shape your future.
In my opinion dwelling on the past serves no purpose and will only hinder your future progression.
As a Wittoner we've certainly had our ups and downs but I am definitely looking forward to the next few years with excitement especially with Carl in charge.
Your future in higher League was in part paid for by Jim Rushe, you have no right to dictate to us.

Interesting rule at 2nd bullet point

https://help.justgiving.com/hc/en-us/articles/202895531

Clearly states that the fundraiser must have the consent or permission of the organisation receiving the funds, if not then the project is in breach of JustGiving regulations.

Organisation NVFC = Administrator
Fundraiser NVSA = Potential Owners

Last edited:
Your future in higher League was in part paid for by Jim Rushe, you have no right to dictate to us.
I haven't dictated to anyone and certainly have no intention of doing so, it's a reflection on past personal experiences.
As for the comment regarding Witton please enlighten us

JG will not act on anything. I doubt they or many others will view this as the crime of the century. It's just endemic of the club; always pushing the boundaries of what is decency to the absolute limit... and more often than not, beyond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back