• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

JGFC Chain Reaction

Completely right Alan. None of the questions coming from the '74 side are part of a 'hate campaign' as Vics fans would like to think but now they have to accept that they will be scrutinised and they have to stand up to that.

'74 had to go through considerably more due diligence and scrutinisation before they were allowed in the NWCFL.

What's the problem for them? Get on with it, get on with doing it right and within the rules (..,and law..), and nobody commenting or questioning will have a leg to stand on.

I know there have been a lot of bad feeling in the past but now is the time to call a truce and see how things evolve in the next couple of months . its not even two days since the vics has been transferred to the fans and everything about the club has not yet been sorted out .
So im asking all the fans of both clubs to bury the hatchet im not asking every one to be friends but im sure both clubs can run side by side in friendly rivalry .
Im someone whos just fed up all this bitterness and ill feeling and just wants to watch a football match on a saturday afternoon whoever the team is .

You'll be welcome at 1874 if you want to watch some decent football. ;)

I know there have been a lot of bad feeling in the past but now is the time to call a truce and see how things evolve in the next couple of months . its not even two days since the vics has been transferred to the fans and everything about the club has not yet been sorted out .
So im asking all the fans of both clubs to bury the hatchet im not asking every one to be friends but im sure both clubs can run side by side in friendly rivalry .
Im someone whos just fed up all this bitterness and ill feeling and just wants to watch a football match on a saturday afternoon whoever the team is .

Happy with a truce but you're still JRFC to me until I see evidence to the contrary.

What's the explanation regarding the JustGiving project page?

Are Vics fans owners of Northwich Victoria FC or is it a Vics Fan?

Who are the NVSA?

Last edited:
The Just Giving Page is still open and taking contributions.

This has just arrived:

Thank you for taking the time to write to me, and thank you for your donation. I understand your concerns and would like to assure you that all monies raised will be used for the purpose described on the Just Giving page. However, I will admit that the phrasing used on this page was perhaps a little misleading, however unintentionally, and I apologise for the lack of clarity. On reflection this was probably because the fundraising page was constructed in something of a rush, as we only had a very short time to raise the money. I should have made it clear that the money was being raised to cover a sum advanced by one very generous individual who did so on condition that it would be repaid as soon as the Just Giving funds were paid out.We only used this sum of money once we had reached the target on Just Giving.

As you will I hope understand, we have been extremely busy with the club takeover in the past few days. As a result we have not contacted Just Giving to ask them to stop further donations. That is an oversight, I agree. With regard to the excess funds raised, approximately half of this will go in commission to Just Giving. No decision has yet been taken about the remaining £300, but you can be assured that every penny will go towards helping the new club to establish itself.

I trust that this addresses your concerns and hope to be able to welcome you and your friends to Barnton in the coming season. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me

I have to say as cleverly put together as that response is it does beg a few questions. The individual who advanced £5000 on top of the other £11,000 did so on the understanding that they would be repaid "as soon as the Just Giving funds were paid out". But if the Just giving page had not been worded as it was would people have been so generous? Someone donated £560 and everyone donated on the understanding that it was to save a famous old club from folding. But the individual who gave the £5000 had already "saved the club from folding" with absolutely no Guarantee that they would get a single penny of it back. This really does stink to high heaven....and back.

Yes - and neither is it the same story that the solicitor was telling.

Yes - and neither is it the same story that the solicitor was telling.
Anybody still got a copy of that solicitor letter? I've been asked a question about it by Action Fraud.

I put it in full on a previous post, can you not copy and paste it?

From: Rachael Bentley Sent: 15 June 2017 16:53 To: Richard Atkinson Subject: Northwich Victoria Crowdfunding page
Follow Up Flag: Follow up Flag Status: Completed
Dear Sirs,
We act on behalf of the Supporters’ Association (SA) of Northwich Victoria Football Club 2007 Limited (the Club) in relation to the administration of the same.
We, on behalf of the SA, are exploring avenues with the administrator of the Club with the intention of rescuing the Club as a going concern.
As part of this process the SA have set up a crowd funding JustGiving page to raise funds to pay the creditors of the Club. Link below.
https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/Northwich-Victoria-FC?utm_id=2
The SA have received what is clearly a threatening and misconceived response to the purpose of this fund raising:
I - like many others - feel that you have wilfully misled people into believing that NVFC actually requires £5,000 in order to folding, rather than suffering a double relegation. This has preyed on the goodwill of football fans up and down the country who haven't been given the full facts. If NVFC suffer a double relegation and then decide that they don't want to cut their cloth accordingly, and fold as a result, those are two unrelated facts. I - and others - have reported you to JustGiving, who have told us we have to take it up with you directly before they will do anything. So, will you admit to misleading people and ask JustGiving to refund everyone, or do you want to risk being on the wrong end of a criminal investigation for obtaining money under false pretences...?
Whilst we express our disappointment at having to do so we write in response to any complaint made to JustGiving and to clarify the legitimacy of the page and request that this is on the record.
The SA have agreed to pay the creditors of the Club as part of their negotiations with the administrator.
In accordance with the Football Association’s Standardised Rules 2016-2017 (the Rules), specifically Rule 14.B.1(i) such creditors must be paid in full before the date of the Club’s Annual Meeting, to avoid a relegation Step.
Such meeting is to take place on Saturday 17 June 2017.
As such the SA have been subject to a strict repayment deadline, and it is for this purpose that the crowd funding page was set up.
The Club has already suffered relegation by one Step to Step 5 by virtue of the automatic points deduction imposed upon entering administration and cannot continue should a double relegation be enforced.
Financial forecasts have been prepared and approved by the FA in respect to the Club operating out of Step 5.
Financial forecasts in relation to the Club operating out of Step 6 (a further Step down i.e the result if creditors cannot be paid) are not viable to allow the Club to continue to trade, and in such circumstances it will not be possible for the SA to rescue the Club as a going concern.
If the deal does not go ahead as currently negotiated keeping the Club within Step 5, and as set out on the JustGiving biography, the Club will be wound down from the administration and cease to operate. It simply cannot operate from Step 6.
In addition to the above mentioned provisions of Rule 14.B.1 the FA also have a blanket power under the same Rule to subject the Club to such sanctions as the Board may determine which includes expulsion from the league.
In summary, the Club does require the requested funding to avoid folding which would be the case should a two Step relegation process be inevitable for the reasons set out above. The facts as interpreted in the JustGiving page complaint are factually inaccurate and unfounded.
Crowd funding is fundraising for any purpose and the biography in relation to the Northwich Victoria page is not misleading. Any threat of criminal proceedings is a threatening action and will be vigorously defended. JustGiving is clearly not the forum for airing malicious opinions in relation to the Club and its current situation and is being taken very seriously.
Should JustGiving require further clarification on any of the comments made in this email please do not hesitate to contact me.
Regards
Rachael Bentley
Rachael Bentley Senior Associate M +44 (0) 7388 948545 D +44 (0) 1625 704185 T +44 (0) 1625 704090 W www.knights1759.co.uk

Copy of the letter if it's any help Tony.

I know nothing about legal matters but surely what they have done is wrong
The reason for the jg page is not correct.
Surely the money should be frozen and the jg page reopened and people told it is not to stop folding it is to repay a loan.
Let's see how much they get then.

Sorry folks, you've been led a bit up the garden path. That communication posted by Tony is a spoof.

There is actually nothing there which says directly that it is from anyone from NV, though the connections are obvious. What it was designed to show is that it would have been perfectly possible for someone to write a fairly contrite and polite reply apologising and addressing the concerns, and putting much (if not all) to bed. Maybe the response is not 100% satisfactory, but it gives perfectly plausible reasons for what happened which would probably be enough to kill off a lot of the opposition the events of the past few days have generated, while adopting the conciliatory stance which they as a club are going to need in the coming months. That nobody has bothered to write such a reply speaks volumes. (It took at most 10 minutes to write it)

(Wittonwonder - the logistics behind the £5K mystery donation was thought of as follows: someone says "I can advance £5K but I need it back"; ok they say, we will only take it if we can raise that amount first, and if not we won't take your money; ok says mystery person, you've raised the 5K, now please sign this bit of paper to say you will pay me back the 5K, then I will give you the money you need.)

I have to say if Tony's post is a spoof I'm very very disappointed as I took it at face value and responded to it on that basis. HOWEVER the Solicitor's legalise is typical of Vics they did it to us when we gave them notice to get the hell out and our legal team thought that we "might be vulnerable to their case". What a damnable disgrace it is that they have been allowed to say they could not continue with a double relegation WHICH WAS QUITE RIGHT as they went down when still in administration. When oh when will someone in football stop this nonsense??

Colon the new JRFC spokesperson, long may the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth continue.

20170618_220724.png

Shows planning and intent to deceive.
In my opinion the JustGiving Project has just gone from wrongdoing to criminal fraud.

I think it just shows someone who has little command of the English language! He's managed to say the complete opposite of what he intended to say.

I think it just shows someone who has little command of the English language! He's managed to say the complete opposite of what he intended to say.
The only solution to this is for Colon to stop using fingers before brain and myself to stop giving him a wordsmith pasting. :eek::rolleyes:o_O

Back