• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

JGFC Chain Reaction

I also wish them well in saving the club, but they must explain the Just Giving account and they should not be allowed this money if it turns out to be deceit. A simple explanation from the club will do it.

I seem to recall a figure for creditors of about 260 grand (including directors loans) being mentioned when the club entered administration. Where does this 16 grand come into it? Doesn't the club have to put up a bond to the FA to show they can complete the coming season? Or show they have money in the bank and business plans? If so where has this money come from? Where did the Williams money (my guess is that was the 11 grand) go? Has the groundshare agreement with Barnton been ratified? Where and who is the NVSA? Why register Northwich Victoria Limited? Will they be allowed in the FA Cup and FA Vase? Surely they won't as they are a new entity - haven't they missed the deadline for registering? Why is the Just Giving page still open and accepting payments? What role has administrator Gordon Craig played in all this? Have the Rushes paid him or the iNViSAble supporters club? Have the NWCFL learned nothing from the Northwich Villa shambles?
So many questions that require(d) answers from The FA and the NWCFL yet a shell of a club is allowed into the North West Counties League at Step 5.
Makes a mockery of all the hard work carried out by all the other clubs in the NWCFL along with those brilliantly-run clubs in e.g. the Cheshire League that are looking in the future to step up to Level 6.

Last edited:
Whatever did happen to that set of accounts? Clearly there's no going back on the decisions now made but I am intrigued how they came about without the accounts.

I seem to recall a figure for creditors of about 260 grand (including directors loans) being mentioned when the club entered administration. Where does this 16 grand come into it? Doesn't the club have to put up a bond to the FA to show they can complete the coming season? Or show they have money in the bank and business plans? If so where has this money come from? Where did the Williams money (my guess is that was the 11 grand) go? Has the groundshare agreement with Barnton been ratified? Where and who is the NVSA? Why register Northwich Victoria Limited? Will they be allowed in the FA Cup and FA Vase? Surely they won't as they are a new entity - haven't they missed the deadline for registering? Why is the Just Giving page still open and accepting payments? What role has administrator Gordon Craig played in all this? Have the Rushes paid him or the iNViSAble supporters club? Have the NWCFL learned nothing from the Northwich Villa shambles?
So many questions that require(d) answers from The FA and the NWCFL yet a shell of a club is allowed into the North West Counties League at Step 5.
Makes a mockery of all the hard work carried out by all the other clubs in the NWCFL along with those brilliantly-run clubs in e.g. the Cheshire League that are looking in the future to step up to Level 6.
Martin and Jim Rushe and the NVSA wrote off their debts. I think the £16,000 was to pay HMRC.

Will the club now be entitled to receive the Jordan Williams sell on clause money because without it they're going to be up shi*t creek with nothing but a spoon.

I also wish them well in saving the club, but they must explain the Just Giving account and they should not be allowed this money if it turns out to be deceit. A simple explanation from the club will do it.

Don't hold your breath!! Vics and good communications haven't been bedfellows for many years.

I suppose if the newly formed NVFC ltd's only shareholder is a Vics fan then that does make them fan owned :) That assumes they are the new owner as NVSA don't appear to officially exist anywhere.

This must be the first time 100% of creditors have been paid, but seemingly not the administrator. Perhaps the Jordan Williams money covers his costs?

All the correspondence so far has come from one person, the same person responsible for the JustGiving farce.
The club would do well to reevaluate his position and get rid because he's a liability. I'm not being funny but Colin could do a better job.

For what it's worth, and I realise it's not my club so therefore absolutely none of my business:
*They need to communicate through the club website, not social media.
* They need to put out cogent, consistent statements.
*They need to stop blocking people, reacting like children when someone has a different opinion or makes a reasonable point.
*They need to draw a line under the past and ENGAGE appropriately with the local press. No more secret squirrel, no more spin.

They have a big job ahead and a lot of trust to win back within the local community. The previous approach to communicating with the local football and non-footballing community has in my opinion done little to help or erase the shadow of suspicion that Rushe created.

This post should be forwarded to the FA and NWCFL, please do it.

"Or that the solicitor has advance them the money "!!!
It's a solicitor not a sodding bank you numpty!!, they take money off you (at a ridiculous rate!), they don't lend you money on a whim they will get it back!!
It can't be any more obvious that somebody covered this amount beforehand if you stuck a flag on it and whistled Dixie!!, and they will now receive the ill gotten gains from the real non league fans at just giving!!
I agree with what Nicki has said about Barnton being foolish to turn down £400 a game. I was going to apologise to them for my honest (and non abusive) comments on their twitter site but apparently I've now been blocked!!.
Seems that Barnton FC and Northwich Vics have more in common than we realised!! Neither like an honest truthful opinion!!

Surely this is still fraud as donors did not have this information to make a decision.

The legal definition of fraud is 'wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain', then I suppose you're right.

You'd think any normal club with nothing to hide and with all this bad publicity flying around would at least want to put the record straight and explain the circumstances rather than let it escalate but no, so it's been escalated to the next level.
http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

Last edited:
JustGiving

As per your previous correspondence giving me advice on my next step regarding contacting the page owner or local authority. I have sent the following email to the page owner but as yet not received a reply.

_______

Mr Egerton

I send this correspondence at the instruction of JustGiving, to request an explanation on a number of matters.
As someone who has made a donation to the JustGiving page for Northwich Victoria FC, I feel justified in asking for confirmation of how such contributions are now to be used. This is because I am a little confused by the news on Vics Official Twitter page that the money is in the hands of the solicitor (and indeed the creditors may now have been paid or are in the process of being paid), whereas as far as I am aware the donated funds have not yet been released by JustGiving. As I see it, the donations lodged with JustGiving cannot therefore be used directly to pay the creditors (as advertised on you Project page). I am also confused that the Just Giving page is still open for donations even though the 48 hour period has elapsed. Could you tell me what will happen to any funds raised over and above the £5000 required? As I understand it, funds raised through JustGiving have to be used for the stated purpose. Will creditors therefore be overpaid or will a worthy charity benefit from it?

Thanking you in anticipation for your response in this matter.

AP Rogers

_________

I have also reported and raised my concerns Action Fraud, who have taken all the details that I have given to you.
I was told that fraud can't be proven until the money leaves the JustGiving account and reaches its final destination. I've told Action Fraud that we won't know the destination but it's definitely not going to the creditors as intended on the project page because they've already been paid in full and the club has exited administration. I was told that if I had grave concerns of wrongdoing that JustGiving could freeze the account and demand an explanation from the page owner as to where the funds would be going. I have also been requested to keep them updated.

The links below substantiate my claims of suspected wrongdoing.

This link proves the club request for money to avoid being folded was false, they were never going to be folded it was a double relegation of which there is no mention of in the project introduction or story. http://www.northwichguardian.co.uk/sport/15344675.Vics_ask_for_money_to_help_avoid_double_drop/

This link proves that the creditors have been paid in full and the club is waiting to exit administration. http://www.northwichguardian.co.uk/..._on_FA_after_raising_money_ahead_of_deadline/

This link is an official club statement issued today informing fans that Northwich Victoria Supporters Association which Ian Egerton the page holder represents, now owns Northwich Victoria Football Club.
Please note this extract
"We cannot thank the support of all concerned enough for all the kind messages and donations received this week to enable us to take the club forward"
http://www.northwichvics.co.uk/index.php/club-announcements/501-club-statement-takeover-complete

To summarise, Northwich Victoria football club is celebrating new ownership. It has paid its creditors in full, exited administration, bought the club and being accepted into the North West Counties Football League Prem Division.

So why is the JustGiving page still open, displaying the full amount raised and still able to take donations?

I do not know what authority I have to request you freeze this account other than being a very concerned donor.

I look forward to your reply and advice

Kind regards
AP Rogers

JustGiving

Further to this issue, please find attached screenshot of this week's Non League Paper, which details Northwich Victoria Football Club paying the creditors in full, exiting administration and Northwich Victoria Supporters Association taking over the club and DOES NOT MENTION THE CLUB FOLDING, proving that Ian Egerton's JustGiving page is at the very least, misleading.
In my opinion all the information I've sent proves breaches to the JustGiving Crowd Funding Terms of Service and this page
https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/Northwich-Victoria-FC and account should be frozen immediately until a proven explanation as to where the money is going is confirmed by yourselves.
Kind regards
AP Rogers

To add another couple of "They need to" to Tez's list ...
* They need to recognise that with ownership comes responsibility
* They need to realise that as owners they are are a legitimate focus for public scrutiny

To add another couple of "They need to" to Tez's list ...
* They need to recognise that with ownership comes responsibility
* They need to realise that as owners they are are a legitimate focus for public scrutiny
* They need to start doing everything the right way and not the easy way

Said that without swearing:D

Back