• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

JGFC Chain Reaction

Afternoon all, Tim Burton here.

Of course we appreciate that most people involved with football use bad language - used it all the time myself when I was playing Sunday football, and I expect to hear it at every game that I go to.
The point that I was trying to get across - obviously not very well - was that the problem arose because of the number of people in attendance at the game which created mither with the local residents. It was an especially big gate because the away side are so well supported.

If 10 of Barnton's regular 30 or so fans dotted around Townfield for example were cursing the referee the residents would struggle to hear it. When a few hundred do it then obviously there's a problem - we anticipate a similar problem at each big game. The same applies to Vics - they also only get small gates although admittedly a few more than Barnton, for that game the visitots brought a big following. All of this is witnessed by the fact that there have been no complaints since that game.

No one at Barnton claims to be holier than thou - far from it - hope that goes some way to explaining the position.

Frank F - Andy D - how are you ?

Tim, think you're missing the point that Barnton have now inflicted double the amount of games on local residents with no consultation. I wouldn't be happy if I lived in that area.

Afternoon all, Tim Burton here.

Of course we appreciate that most people involved with football use bad language - used it all the time myself when I was playing Sunday football, and I expect to hear it at every game that I go to.
The point that I was trying to get across - obviously not very well - was that the problem arose because of the number of people in attendance at the game which created mither with the local residents. It was an especially big gate because the away side are so well supported.

If 10 of Barnton's regular 30 or so fans dotted around Townfield for example were cursing the referee the residents would struggle to hear it. When a few hundred do it then obviously there's a problem - we anticipate a similar problem at each big game. The same applies to Vics - they also only get small gates although admittedly a few more than Barnton, for that game the visitots brought a big following. All of this is witnessed by the fact that there have been no complaints since that game.

No one at Barnton claims to be holier than thou - far from it - hope that goes some way to explaining the position.

Frank F - Andy D - how are you ?
Can you explain Point 4 of your letter to local residents?

Tony 1874 - take it you're a local resident ? If not can you explain the point of your post ?

Kit - think I've replied direct to you - apologies I'm technologically useless.

After tonight's game l understand the Barnton residents complaints and would think that one season sharing might be the answer to those complaints, Tim.

Apart from that am well, recall the days when we played REAL football,!!.

Good to hear from you, Tim.

You too Frank, I hear the COL fans were just as lively last night, Barnton play them early December so we assume the same problem will arise.

Morning, Tim, I understand fully why the residents complain after last night, no need for the language used by both supporters and teams that we have experienced over the years !!.

I think it's pretty decent of Tim to come on here and try to explain things.
Tbh, given the same opportunity if we had our own ground to make some extra cash we'd probably take it (although I'd prefer it came from a club with better morals).
It would have been nice if the person running the Barnton twitter account was this sensible and not so touchy, and not banned me (and a number of others), for questioning the morals of taking v**s money!! o_O.

I think it's pretty decent of Tim to come on here and try to explain things.
Tbh, given the same opportunity if we had our own ground to make some extra cash we'd probably take it (although I'd prefer it came from a club with better morals).
It would have been nice if the person running the Barnton twitter account was this sensible and not so touchy, and not banned me (and a number of others), for questioning the morals of taking v**s money!! o_O.

Thanks Blackie much appreciated. It's a commercial decision of course from Barnton's point of view - which club in its' right mind would turn down much needed income from a tenant.

I don't want to get involved in the Vics v 1874 spat all I would say is that the Rushe family do not appear to be connected in any way shape or form to the current Vics set up. I had my fingers badly burned by them and so if I thought they were, there is no way that they would be playing at Townfield Lane. Those involved now - Brian Dave, Baz et al all seem to be genuine Vics fans who have been there for years. What a pity such division was created between fans who all wanted to see the same thing at one time.

I don't want to get involved in the Vics v 1874 spat all I would say is that the Rushe family do not appear to be connected in any way shape or form to the current Vics set up. I had my fingers badly burned by them and so if I thought they were, there is no way that they would be playing at Townfield Lane. Those involved now - Brian Dave, Baz et al all seem to be genuine Vics fans who have been there for years. What a pity such division was created between fans who all wanted to see the same thing at one time.

Keep up Tim
1. NVFC to be bought as a going concern - Blatant lie
2. JustGiving Crowd Funding page suggesting club was about to fold - Blatant Lie
3. Extra money raised from above Crowd Funding promised to go to deserving charity - Lie
4. Promoting themselves as "OWNED by the fans" - Blatant lie!
5. In possession of the Cheshire Senior Cup - No explaination how or why?

They might seem genuine people but they're running the show in the shame shadow as Jim Rushe with lies and deception.

As for the bad language, I'm probably worse than any man when I'm accosted and provoked at Towmfield in the FA Cup by receiving verbal abuse and threats of violence, doing that once is bad enough but doing it a second time in front of my Granddaughters at the replay is completely unforgivable and all because I've highlighted the above facts on social media.

Heres another fact, if Jim Rushe was released from prison tomorrow and approached NVFC, they'd welcome him with open arms.

Last edited:
Tony I've no particular desire to 'keep up' however ;

I'm at Barnton purely at the request of a good mate who's involved,I don't even attend many games the other people on the committee do far more than me, so really as I said I don't want to get involved in the vics v 1874 spat

As I understand it - not that it matters and I may be miles off - - there was 1 share in existence which was signed over to a member of the current 'committee' 'board ' whatever you want to call it. They are now - again as I understand it - in the process of becoming fan owned presumably via an IPS but I do know that if this is what's going on it's a fairly long process.

As for the crowdfunding issue I assume that was to raise funds to get the 1 share from the Receiver which they had to do to keep the name Northwich Victoria - as they managed to do that I further assume that was the reason that the funds raised didn't then go to charity

As for the verbals obviously I've no idea, I've not met anyone yet involved with them who strikes me as the abusive type. As for welcoming back Jim Rushe how can you possibly know that ??

Tony I've no particular desire to 'keep up' however ;

I'm at Barnton purely at the request of a good mate who's involved,I don't even attend many games the other people on the committee do far more than me, so really as I said I don't want to get involved in the vics v 1874 spat

As I understand it - not that it matters and I may be miles off - - there was 1 share in existence which was signed over to a member of the current 'committee' 'board ' whatever you want to call it. They are now - again as I understand it - in the process of becoming fan owned presumably via an IPS but I do know that if this is what's going on it's a fairly long process.

As for the crowdfunding issue I assume that was to raise funds to get the 1 share from the Receiver which they had to do to keep the name Northwich Victoria - as they managed to do that I further assume that was the reason that the funds raised didn't then go to charity

As for the verbals obviously I've no idea, I've not met anyone yet involved with them who strikes me as the abusive type. As for welcoming back Jim Rushe how can you possibly know that ??

Yes I agree, you should stay out of any spat between JGFC and 1874 as you appear clueless or at the very least ill informed

To dredge up old news but set the record straight - the one share was sold by the Administrator for one pound; the crowdfunding was ostensibly to pay off the NV07 creditors, though they paid off the creditors before the crowdfunding page closed or was paid out; their solicitor has put in writing that they would donate the excess raised (approx £700) to worthy local causes, but unless that has happened in secret (and who would be daft enough to miss such a promotional splash?) it has not been donated to any good causes.

Also the fact that they JustGiving Crowdfunding page was intentionally set up to deceive donors into thinking the club had 24 hours to avoid folding. When in actual fact it had 24 hours to avoid a double relegation.

Back