• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

JGFC Chain Reaction

Ye split the topic Alan, save the focus getting lost, we'll continue to discuss the CSC on here

In what way "sponsored"?

Maybe this is a case for a working group to be set up across the great divide. Given the general laments about the lack of local interest in NL this could be a good opportunity for both clubs.

We could sell tickets for the inaugural face-to-face meeting if Toddy and WHS were both involved. ;)

More seriously, it would be good to get the great and the good from other sections of mid-Cheshire sport involved in digging out some stuff to contribute.

Should all these posts on this idea be split off into a separate thread away from JGFC? Maybe in the Community section?
Strange how discussing a JGFC negative can result in a positive Sports Exhibition idea :D

As a matter of fact the Cheshire Challenge Cup as it was called then was only ever won by the original Vics, from it's formation in the 1879-80 to when it was given to Vics after they had won it for the sixth time in the 1884-5 season.The replacement cup was first won by Davenham beating Crewe Alex 2-1 in the 1885-6 season.Vics first won the replacement cup beating Crewe Alex 3-1 in the 1888-9 season.
After the new Vics was formed in 1890 Vics did not win it until the1928-9 season beating Chester 2-0.In fact after Witton were formed in 1890 they won it three times before Vics won it.

Sorry if anyone is reading the last couple of pages and thinks it doesn't make much sense - I have extracted the posts which talk specifically about setting up some sort of display/exhibition and put them in a separate thread.

I have left in here the ones relating to JGFC and their stewardship of the CSC, as that was, I believe, merely the impetus for what could be quite a nice idea. Every cloud has a silver lining - in this case perhaps literally.

I suspect that is not how they will see it.

My suspicion is that it cant or wont be found and they have no idea where it is.

Might be just me, but 2nd left evokes ghostly images of a certain well-known restaurateur, pension-fund organiser and erstwhile bankrupt.

Might be just me, but 2nd left evokes ghostly images of a certain well-known restaurateur, pension-fund organiser and erstwhile bankrupt.
That's Brian Turner the current sole owner, 100% shareholder and chairman of JGFC... Which is the only connection he has to the previous two owners.

It's like constantly hitting your head against a brick wall :banghead:banghead:banghead

20170914_150419.png

Back