• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

FA VASE SEMI FINAL INITIAL BOARD STATEMENT

I’m a member, but not a season ticket holder, never have been, despite the fact I go every game Home and away. Just adding to the complex pot ;)

I can’t make the 1st leg anyway, I’m on holiday.

With such a low capacity of 1,500 I can see how they can’t make it all ticket. With 4/500 making the trip down to Leighton, neither club will want a situation where they have people being turned away after making a 3/4 hour journey.

I can sympathise with Ben who is a regular supporter but not an owner - you can't get a quart into a pint pot. For my case I am the opposite- I am an owner and pay my monthly sub, but can only get to matches now and again as I live so far away. So a ticket to a local game would be a treat. At least there is a second leg where I am sure there will be room for all 1874 supporters. Alas I cant get to it but trust that it will be packed out to cheer the team on to Wembley.

my guess at 225 is only based on 15% of assumed 500 capacity and not anything official as is my opinion on the priority for tickets.
How good is it to be having discussions about things like this.
Who knows they may put a temporary stand/s in to maximise income.

First of all hopefully see you all tomorrow.

I'm neither a season ticket holder or member, but I'm a loyal fan who goes to games regularly. So I think that would be unfair on fans who prefer to just pay at the gate like myself. I'm sure the board are working on a sensible solution.

In my opinion Co-owners should get first refusal and everyone else should be in the same pot.

I'm not a co-owner or a season ticket holder and I have my reasons for that. So I don't expect preferential treatment and I'm prepared to be disappointed but ticket or not... IM STILL GOING.

I'm sure there's one thing we can all agree on, Vicki will be working her ass off to get this issue resolved and any decision the board make no matter how disappointing it may be to individuals, it has to be respected.

Last edited:
I don't agree I think you have to give owners and season ticket holders priority, Just hope somehow everybody who wants one gets one.

Just for the record I am a ST holder and owner.

Unless I'm missing the point, Thatcham's capacity is 1,500 so why make it an all ticket game which limits us to 225 tickets when there is no way that their fans (plus any neutrals) would make up the remaining 1,275 of the capacity? Are grounds not allowed to be full to capacity or something?

You could argue that silver members should be give priority for tickets over bronze members. I want to take my 16 year old son to the away game, but he is neither a member nor season ticket holder. Perhaps all silver members can and should be allocated a maximum of 2 tickets if they want them.

As we are all on tenterhooks over this, quite rightly, and I am sure Vicki has her finger on the pulse, I am wondering how long it will take to get a decision over the ticketing . I'm sure the 1874 Board are considering the allocation arrangements even before they know if there are to be tickets. I ask because I called Thatcham last Thursday to ask what was going on and was told their Board were holding a meeting that night to work out their position. I guess they then have to talk to the police etc. as it is a very rural ground with limited parking. Let's hope they can sort it out quickly so at least we know where we stand. All I have seen since is a plea from their Chairman for good behaviour and freedom from flares, which we can all agree with.

Unless I'm missing the point, Thatcham's capacity is 1,500 so why make it an all ticket game which limits us to 225 tickets when there is no way that their fans (plus any neutrals) would make up the remaining 1,275 of the capacity? Are grounds not allowed to be full to capacity or something?

The capacity will be the number imposed by police & Health & Safety. 1500 is their maximum guideline capacity, but that figure can be reduced on consultation by the authorities on a match by match basis.

In my opinion season ticket holders shouldn't come into the equation of guaranteed tickets, as they are for home matches only.
Silver members shouldn't be entitled to one extra ticket either, what's next one extra vote?

Some people are going to have to be prepared to be disappointed.

In my opinion Co-owners should get first refusal and everyone else should be in the same pot.

I'm not a co-owner or a season ticket holder and I have my reasons for that. So I don't expect preferential treatment and I'm prepared to be disappointed but ticket or not... IM STILL GOING.

I'm sure there's one thing we can all agree on, Vicki will be working her ass off to get this issue resolved and any decision the board make no matter how disappointing it may be to individuals, it has to be respected.

Tony if you are correct and co-owners get first refusal i am an owner and i spoke to you at the leighton game (Andys dad),But i am unable to make the away leg of the semi. So you would be more than welcome to have my ticket.

No one (even possibly Vicki at this precise moment in time) knows for certain what our allocation will be, but whatever it is I expect we’ll sell them. I would anticipate that Thatcham would hope to sell their share of the ticket allocation too. If the uptake is such that the ground is full, then segregation, you would expect, will need to come in to play; whether this would take the form of a physical barrier or a line of stewards, it is likely to take up space, thus slightly reducing the capacity?
We all have our own ideas about what would be the fairest way of determining eligibility for tickets. I have my own thoughts, but to be honest I don’t think it adds to the debate or serves any purpose to speculate how many tickets or how they will be sold (assuming still that it is definitely all-ticket ;)). I put my faith in the Board to make the sensible choice for the right reasons. We have to accept that some us may end up disappointed (I include myself in that), but Vicki and the Board, as ever will endeavour to do their very best to please and accommodate as many ‘74’ers as possible.

Back