• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

FA VASE SEMI FINAL INITIAL BOARD STATEMENT

The intial conversation with Thatcham has been very good, we will be back in contact over the weekend and hopefully can advise arrangements asap

Thanks Vicky
Just hope that there will be a way for those of us living out of the area to get tickets

Purchase on-line and then delivered by post Simon ;) Certainly gets my vote :D

:scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf:

I realise there is going to be a lot of interest for this game and I hope people who have been to the previous games get tickets before the ' going to watch a semi ' crowd do...

Personally if there is a restriction on the number of tickets that we can have then I hope that the Club owners get first refusal.

My guess and that's what it is
Season ticket holders then members then general sale if any remain.

I have not seen where it has been officially stated that the away leg is all ticket.If so what a fantastic achievement for a Dog and Duck team.

My view is that it is impossible to get (if it is all ticket with a severe allocation to 1874 fans) a solution that is fair to everyone. I am a season ticket holder, and receive a small discount on entrance charge plus 1 free ticket. The rest of group with whom I attend matches, home and away prefer to pay more at the gate on a regular basis. This does not mean that they are in any way less dedicated supporters.. I am sure that the Board will be able to overcome this problem in a way which is fair to all. Clearly, if we are allocated only 15% of 1,500 capacity, there are going to be a lot of disappointed 74 supporters

Simplify that Phil, we have 225 owners, did you say they may have 225 tickets?!?
Let’s see what Vicky comes up with later, I’m sure we’ll all get there.

Reactions: Tez
I'm neither a season ticket holder or member, but I'm a loyal fan who goes to games regularly. So I think that would be unfair on fans who prefer to just pay at the gate like myself. I'm sure the board are working on a sensible solution.

The only possible solution can be a priority sale period for season ticket holders and members (with perhaps a possibility to buy an annual membership on purchase of a match ticket for non members). Limited tickets in any sport are always distributed in this way with a priority sale period for season ticket holders and/or members before the tickets reach general sale.

The other potential issue facing the club will be that, if only 225 tickets are available, I would expect that some of the tickets may need to be put aside for the players/staff in order for parents/spouses/children etc to attend. This, of course, may then reduce the number of tickets available to fans even further.

I wonder if Thatcham have considered moving the home leg although not sure what options are nearby? It sounds like they could probably sell out their ground 2 or 3 times over. Of course at this stage of the competition it would be a big risk to give up home advantage and move the game to what, in effect, would be a neutral venue.

Last edited:
Aren't a lot of the members also ST holders?

It is inevitable if there is a restriction on tickets it will provoke debate and differing opinion. Bottom line is that some of us will be. disappointed, but we just have to accept the decision the Board make.

The ST/member Venn diagram will indeed overlap considerably.

We have to remember that "members" effectively means "owners" in the case of this football club. However "unfair" any allocation may appear, and however awkward the distribution of that allocation may be, these owners have made a commitment to the cause which is well-known to have few tangible benefits (particularly in the case of silver members). Such an occasion may well be a prime example of members/owners finally being rewarded for this commitment.

I'd like to think that this would be my opinion even if I wasn't a member.

That may be unpopular with some, but let's wait and see until we have any actual news.

Back