• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Colls today

All I asked for is a vote on the issue simple,and we abide by the majority no matter the result.All those for and all those against vote their own way other wise no point in pretending this forum is democratic,many on here made their point on leaving Europe and the USA election being a democratic vote.I still maintain if you have an opinion and wish to voice it then you should give your name other wise anyone can put what ever they like on here,by putting your name to it you give it credibility.In my humble opinion if you can't stand by it don't make it.

Well said Mark.

And if you also want a democracy, you can't go banning the IP addresses, because 2 accounts from there show dissent :mad:

Well after my first post my ip address was banned.For all you nosey b------- im Andys dad. happy now .I posted under this name to make a point nothing else,
In my opinion i was banned for not towing the party line.(we should be glad to have a club).
It appears only the opinion of the few count.
If we are not carefull this will turn into the club we all used to support.
I would not have been banned if i had posted all is rosey and put my head back into the sand.

How can such a thing be monitored , How can you be sure people will register with their true name, how do you check up ? Is Toddy the real mr Barlow?
yours truthfully Ron Obvious x

Only asked for democratic vote not for anyone to be banned (by the way I never follow the party line,and certainly never at the old club,but was always used my name,whats the problem with using your own name?)You 100 posted a perfectly valid point from a 1874 fan so way not use your name,on the other hand you could have been someone trying to stir it how would people no.

I'd be against people having to use their own name - and as mentioned pretty unenforceable anyway.

But Jesus - I'm just glad we didn't ship 4 on Saturday. The world be rioting by now!

I have given my name further up this thread. (ANDYS DAD)
Moderators why not cancel my account and let Andy carry on doing his prediction league if that is what he wants to do..
I dont know why he has been banned for an opinion of mine.
The original post was only going to be a one off to put my feelings accross .so ban me by all means for having the wrong opinion but it is unfair to ban other people..
My opinion wont change on what i have been watching,But this episode has made me feel differently about the club as a whole,This is not what i voted for at Tonys famous meeting.

Well after my first post my ip address was banned.For all you nosey b------- im Andys dad. happy now .I posted under this name to make a point nothing else,
In my opinion i was banned for not towing the party line.(we should be glad to have a club).
It appears only the opinion of the few count.
If we are not carefull this will turn into the club we all used to support.
I would not have been banned if i had posted all is rosey and put my head back into the sand.

I didn't ban the IP address but if I knew how to unban it I would. You might have to wait until other admin - who know what they're doing - are back online.

However, I CAN tell you that the reason for banning the IP address was nothing to do with the content of your post. The post is alive and well for all to read and completely censorship free.

Andy's dad shouldn't of been banned. Can understand with some of the people that have created numerous fake accounts on here in the past why we act fast with things like this.

I wouldn't let a unofficial forum change your opinions on the club. Its nothing to do with the club.

I hope Andy's dad and others, stick with the club and get behind the lads, theres a lot of football to be played, keep the faith!

Get behind the lads now people, 1874 wasn't set up to argue and bicker, lets enjoy our football!

Last thing I'll say on this topic, see you all at Padiham.

Last edited:
Just for clarity guys (maybe a reminder). The club made a decision a while back to distance themselves from this forum and make sure it was run independently of the club.

They were right to do that I think. You might have grievances with this forum but don't let that cloud your judgement of the club. They have bugger all say with what goes on on here.

There is NO party line... though there are a few forum rules.

I'm a moderator on this forum - have been since it started - and I can honestly say that I've performed precisely zero moderation activities. If I have a diffrerent opinion to someone on here - and I can be bothered - then I post what my opinion is, liking to think that my point of view is as valid as the original.

That's it. We're all just fans in this together.

It's been banned because of multiple accounts on one IP address.

Unfortunately there are multiple accounts that share IP address'on this forum. That's going to happen at a "family club".... however, these people have not received an IP ban.

I can't help but feel that if we had both posted "never mind, better luck next week", the IP would not have been banned.

That's not the case - but I suspect there's not much that anyone can say which will make you think otherwise.

I'm going to leave it now until the IP ban is lifted. I'll be disappointed if the ban still stands this time tomorrow. Especially now everyone knows it's not a "trolling" account, it's a real person.

Although, some moderators were made aware of these facts last night via PM, and nothing was done...

The IP ban has been lifted now.

Two new accounts were created within 20 minutes on Saturday night:-
Joining the stay aways & Joining the 100 plus

The IP addresses was the same for both accounts & email addresses very similar.
A block was put on the IP address as it appears to be a clear breach of the forum rules.

Joining the stay aways has now been banned as appears to be a second account for somebody.

:scarf:

Can we now ban talk of IP addresses?

As for Andy's dad... to be watching the green side of town in 1986 and still be interested in football? Clearly made of strong stuff! As is anybody who witnessed the mid-late 80's and is still here! There were some severely depressing seasons back then. And I mean full seasons!

Getting back to the original gripes about the performance and the subsequent suggestions by some of a managerial change could I just mention that at the moment we are in a great position in the league. I have heard that Runcorn Town are not going to get promoted this season as their ground is not up to spec, I have also heard there are some doubts about Colls floodlighting specs!
We were beaten on Saturday by a very good second half performance from Colls, first half was even. To say we were crap is a big insult to our opponents (whoever and whenever they are). There are some of our supporters who think we have a God given right to win every game in this league, they may not say it but the implication is there for all to see. Our players are as good on their day as any in the league or the league above but as has been said before we get far too much negativity and far to little positivity, you never get this on the Linnets forum (a team with as big a following if not more than us and they are still in this league after umpteen years).

Ian works his socks off for 1874 along with Paul, and Wayne. IF Ian were to say sod it, it's not worth the hassle (after all he is not Sam Alladyce and won't get any pay off), then that is this season gone as the team would in all likelihood disband (a lot of them are here on Ian's work ethic and his persuasion to buy into the '74 crusade). The lads would feel as betrayed as him I reckon. Who would you get in to manage the team? Most if not all good managers even at this level are set for the season. It would be a disaster.

Lets see where this season leads us now, get behind them, get us back to where we can be and keep some positivity.
See you at Padiham - UT74

Everybody is entitled to an opinion and as long as it is not abusive or derogatory I see no issue and no need to post under a real name, I use my initials and most know who I am if they need to talk to me.
I post when we play well so see no issue posting if we don't, As long as we talk mainly football and keep it civil then I see the forum as a good thing.
See you all Saturday.

Back