• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Colls today

Seems as though on an open forum you can't have an opinion if it's negative. People too scared to be negative. I'll address a few things now to clear some things up.

1) The attendances are going down. Fact.
2) One factor is the boring football. Fact.
3) Another reason is the club does not appeal to potential fans who have no association to Vics. Fact.

There's the problems off the pitch. Never did I doubt the effort that the board put in to run the club. I'm saying we aren't moving forward as a club in the last season or two, its going backwards.

And Toddy, last season I ran the radio service with Joe. I asked for better technology several times as it was becoming difficult to run, the internet would drop and the laptop would crash. I came up with affordable solutions, that if I'm being honest, the board said they would sort out-I then never heard anything from them.

Being in full time education it's difficult to guarantee which games I can make until last minute, so I couldn't commit to the radio this season. I've still kept my hand in though.

However, before suggesting that Im not proactive, I have been in discussions with board members on how to make our club more attractive to younger fans, as like it or not, our fanbase is aging and is an old man's club for the majority.

In the last week I have been in contact with local junior teams inviting them to the game this weekend on behalf of the club, after the discussions I had and the board had agreed the package to offer the clubs.

I had sorted a team to come to the game today, 30 lads plus parents and siblings, but unfortunately for one reason or another, the club couldn't make the game this weekend.

I am also in contact with Chris and aim to create a promotional video for our club to put to the board.

Hope this satisfies you. I do have ideas and I am working on them, whilst balancing my education.

How are they moving backwards off the pitch!? Gates aren't the only metric.

I'm definitely with you that more promotion could be done - but that's not going backwards as I don't think it's ever been that great! OK, not great.

Can't respect the people who run 1874 enough - brilliant people. On the field, maybe it is time for a change of management to kick us on, we seem to be plateauing. That is in no way unappreciative of the job that has been done up until now.

Spot on Kit, every manager has shelf life at a club. Even the best.

The table says it all. 20 games in, table topping runcorn have scored 24 more goals than ourselves. If this pattern continues, come April we will be around 50 goals behind them. You're never going to win a league when there are teams scoring 50 more goals than you in a season.

1-0 wins might get us 3 points, but it's losing support.

You're never going to win a league when there are teams scoring 50 more goals than you in a season.

As Donald Trump will tell you - it's not how many goals you score that matters but in which games you score them ;)

Gates aren't the only metric no, but to run a club you need fans, and ours are disappearing for one reason or another. That's concerning. AGM will be interesting for sure.

But winning the league in November has nothing to do with my point? The point is goals, the style of play...

It's very easy to skirt around that alarming fact, but it doesn't make it go away.

What's happening on the pitch is one thing but to say the club is not moving forward off the field is extremely disingenuous to those people who put in an awful lot of unpaid hard work to ensure you have a club at all and a team to watch every Saturday.
Some fans need to get a grip, still have that JRFC mentality.

Here is the form table for the last 6 matches. Sure, 4 wins, 1 Draw and 1 Loss in 6 is good. But look at the goals for and against. It's very hard to attract people to come watch that. Like it or not, thats just a fact.

Screen Shot 2016-11-12 at 20.20.47.png

Be careful what you wish for...

Streety came in to the club from Day 1, he built a team out of nothing that has gone from strength to strength as we progress.

Yes, I get it. Crowds are down, instead of blaming the style, why not look at the pitch in the last few seasons, it was horrendous, it stopped us playing for months on end and in that time supporters found other things to do with their time.

We got beat, it happens, the side we faced are full of quality players, get over it.

We're not exactly in a bad position, still in 3 other cups.

But winning the league in November has nothing to do with my point? The point is goals, the style of play...

It's very easy to skirt around that alarming fact, but it doesn't make it go away.

Well doesn't every game matter in the league? Not every game is a 1-0 win therefore they do score goals in some games that matter.

We got 50 less fans than WITTON. YEAH result . that's all that matters really zzzzzzzz

We got 50 less fans than WITTON. YEAH result . that's all that matters really zzzzzzzz

Not an attempt at point scoring here; genuine question, does it not frustrate you that despite having a pretty successful season so far and attractive opposition today, the gate was still lower than your recent efforts deserve?
Feel free to yawn if you wish ;)

Andy, it's very difficult to get people to watch NWCFL football however many goals you score or whatever style you play. That's a fact too. The post about Witton's attendance IS relevant. Sure, it doesn't help but it's relevant.

Andy, it's very difficult to get people to watch NWCFL football however many goals you score or whatever style you play. That's a fact too. The post about Witton's attendance IS relevant. Sure, it doesn't help but it's relevant.

Nothing's easy at this level. But take a look at the North East teams, people are prepared to come watch this level of football.

But we are unique, we have the potential to tap into an Ex National Conference team sized fan base. That's an exciting opportunity if you ask me.

just because we are a fan run club does not mean we should be immune from tricky discussions about the future. I haven't attended as much recently because I don't feel enthusiastic about watching the team. I have to say I feel more positive watching them away because our performances have always been better. If we want to discuss whether the management have come to a natural end of their tenure we should be able to -as difficult as that is. I respect all the management and believe them to be top blokes, but we should be competing with the top teams in our league and I do not believe we are there yet.

But we are unique, we have the potential to tap into an Ex National Conference team sized fan base. That's an exciting opportunity if you ask me.

I think that's a blessing and a curse. NWCFL is not Conference standard football - we've been uniquely spoiled too. Admittedly it's not Conference prices either. We we were paying £10.50 (only Connett would add 50p!) to watch Vics as long ago as 2006 so £6 on the face of it would seem like good value.

I do (really) agree that performances don't help but I think that represents noise on something more fundamental. I don't know what that is. Perhaps a combination of things... out of Northwich, slightly soul-less ground, declining attendances generally (sure there are exceptions), people tightening their belts, people still thinking we're Vics.... etc.

Who knows? We could try asking the question.

Back