• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Colls today

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
Even first half then didn't get a kick second.

Whoever finishes above Colls wins the league I reckon.

second half was embarrasing we created nothing, Why did joe stand there for so long before coming on.
They won every header and got the ball forward quickly, Nice to see them bring a few for a change.
Still think we don't play with enough width, This sort of performance is not the way to get fans to come back.
Shame wi**on won as well with a 96th minute goal.
Very weak ref he told their keeper who wasted time from 5 minutes in to get a move on 3 times but took no action.
And as for the elbow on Chappie well it looked blatant from where I was stood.

Like said at start season Colls have a settled side from the end of last season which gives them the edge for me in the league aswell

What can I say? Good job Atherton's 2 best Strikers were unavailable, could have been looking at a Rugby score otherwise.

3-0 down and nothing was changed. From their first goal, Street just stood with his arms folded, no plan B. No plan B whatsoever.

But even then, Plan A isn't great. What's with the phobia of playing with width? We'll never win anything with 4-3-3. We had a spell of 4-4-2 playing with width. Beat Cammell Laird 5-0, West Didsbury 4-1 and played league leaders Runcorn Town of the pitch away. Now we're back to this again? Whats the thought process there? It makes no sense.

To quote at Colls fan today "Your crowds have dropped, haven't they?". Bet he understands why now. 283 today. Good 60/70 were Colls fans. Remember, a mild afternoon, no football on TV, big cup match and not much football on elsewhere... Let that sink in.

Colls attendances are much higher than 3 years ago, when you look at the way they play football you can see why. Ours are much lower than 3 years ago, when you look at the way we play football you can see why too!

What a squad we have, so much talent - but its talent thats wasted being asked to play like this.

It's time for a change, because even now some diehards are getting tired of it.

Posted this in the wrong thread:

Tactics are just appalling. Good luck getting people other than the core to watch that rubbish.

Only one man to blame for that I'm afraid.

Think it sums it up last night where he said he'd rather want an away day on the bus so him and the lads can have some drinks.

Like it or not we aren't moving forward as a club now on or off the field. Got so much potential but no improvements anywhere this season. Be lucky to get 200 fans in the winter months at home.

Major problems.

destroyed them quite easily injury time first and second half sounds like it.
Quiet on the wi**on board is it

Very difficult getting new people to come or come back after a game like that I am afraid

Yes in a two bit cup that did not matter to us. Today mattered though.

Sadly we never raise our game against the bigger teams and with a bigger crowd watching, it always takes a long time to get them back.

Colls. Good team or not?

Who knows?

Their CB 2 were decent, but we were so poor that I don't think we can say anything more about how good they were today.

That's the sixth colls game I've seen this season and they are very beatable, just not when you play as poor as that.

Like it or not we aren't moving forward as a club now on or off the field.

What's happening on the pitch is one thing but to say the club is not moving forward off the field is extremely disingenuous to those people who put in an awful lot of unpaid hard work to ensure you have a club at all and a team to watch every Saturday.

Callum 1874 will you be coming to the AGM to advise how the club can improve things off the pitch.Maybe you could give us some advise on fund raising or with a offer to help as we are not up to your standard.

Callum 1874 will you be coming to the AGM to advise how the club can improve things off the pitch.

Many people have posted constructive criticism on this forum, and made suggestions on this forum. Unfortunately, criticism is often shot down and disregarded on this forum.

Maybe you could give us some advise on fund raising or with a offer to help as we are not up to your standard.

To be fair to Callum, he hasn't mentioned fundraising. No ones denying that the things like the race nights are roaring successes...

Witton only had 56 more spectators more than us today sitting in a higher league and an FA Cup game and we dont count season ticket holders who are not in attendance.

Witton only had 56 more spectators more than us today sitting in a higher league and an FA Cup game and we dont count season ticket holders who are not in attendance.

Again, so what?

Witton could get 500 more or 500 less, makes no difference to me. The fact is, we're losing fans, that's what matters to me.

Can't respect the people who run 1874 enough - brilliant people. On the field, maybe it is time for a change of management to kick us on, we seem to be plateauing. That is in no way unappreciative of the job that has been done up until now.

Back