• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

ARE WITTON IN FREE FALL

See I got another mention on the Witton Forum(all publicity is good publicity)seems they don't want their laundry out in the open(trouble at the mill maybe)can't be money troubles after all the money they got not long ago.

I wonder if Simmo was invited?
Personally I am not all that interested.
Some speculation in Town earlier that they may be seeking a new Chairman. Hot favourite seems to be WHS with others being considered including Kim Jong Il (who plans to use the car park at Wincham Park as a launch area for his latest inter continental missiles. Watch out Toddy - their reliability means that local residents could be in danger if one crashes on launch ), Donald Trump and Robert Mugabe now that he is at a bit of a loose end !

Simmo was invited but the Witton fans are still trying to keep it under wraps and no-one has told them that Simmos report is on the Guardian website. I seem to remember Vics did something similar where fans were asked to give money and fund raise whilst still having no say or control in the club which was controlled by the Gang of Three for their own ends and look where that ended up.
Personally I am still not that interested as I have my own football club.

Last edited:
anyone else catch the interview with Mark Harris on radio manchesters non league show tonight.one of the points he made he would consider a ground share with another club .he feels that ground shares for all clubs is the future at this level.The interviewer then asked him if he was holding out an olive branch to 1874 northwich,he indicated nothing can be ruled out ? interesting times at the Albion

50-50 share with each responsible for their own costs etc makes sense, some may not agree but needs serious thoughts if the offer was put to 74 !!.
I agree with this but everything must be in place and an agreement which is water tight. Don't think Witton would agree to everything we would want.
Also think that we are 5 years on from our previous negotiations with them and lots of things have changed and with a new chairman next year, who knows? It would certainly be better than playing at Winsford and I am sure gates would increase.

Alan,

I think that things have moved on dramatically for them in that time, I would support this but as you say would need to be 100% water tight as I am sure with our highly professional committee on board would be so !!.

anyone else catch the interview with Mark Harris on radio manchesters non league show tonight.one of the points he made he would consider a ground share with another club .he feels that ground shares for all clubs is the future at this level.The interviewer then asked him if he was holding out an olive branch to 1874 northwich,he indicated nothing can be ruled out ? interesting times at the Albion
Would NOT go to any games at wi**on if we were paying rent and funding anything to do with wi**on!!
50/50 may be a consideration but could we seriously afford a half share (doubtful). Would wi**on sell a half share (doubtful).
Winsford is a good option at the moment. Its cheap and serves its purpose.
Would a move to wi**on really increase the crowds by that much!?

Of course Harris is going to consider any ground share because its sounds like they are leaking money for fun and need to plug the holes. Id rather throw the damn plug in the bin!!

Sounds like they're setting their fans up to offer us a lease. Wonder if they realise we've just signed a new groundshare at Winsford? :)

We have trust with Winsford that I don't think we would ever get as landlord/tenant at Wincham Park. They would hook us in and then bump up the rent at the first chance they got.

Sounds like they're setting their fans up to offer us a lease. Wonder if they realise we've just signed a new groundshare at Winsford? :)

We have trust with Winsford that I don't think we would ever get as landlord/tenant at Wincham Park. They would hook us in and then bump up the rent at the first chance they got.
Which is why it would have to be water tight to suit us.

For 1874 to progress and build a fan base we need to be in Northwich. If Witton were prepared to offer us a decent long term deal we would be crazy not to go for it. Now is the perfect time to negotiate and the two clubs should be doing it at the earliest opportunity. I personally think Mark Harris is a decent person.
We cannot stay at Winsford much longer unless we want to stagnate in my opinion.

74 has a Commiitee of HIGHLY professional individuals of which we are extremely fortunate to have, there is no way would they go for any chancer outcome !!.

For 1874 to progress and build a fan base we need to be in Northwich. If Witton were prepared to offer us a decent long term deal we would be crazy not to go for it. Now is the perfect time to negotiate and the two clubs should be doing it at the earliest opportunity. I personally think Mark Harris is a decent person.
We cannot stay at Winsford much longer unless we want to stagnate in my opinion.

However on the flip side, Winsford may not want us any longer than they need to either? Presently we have a mutually beneficial agreement. It may not be ideal, but without it we have nowhere to play.

That said, I am not necessarily against exploring a tenancy at Wincham Park, but not at any cost. Personally I don’t buy the ready assumption that being based in Northwich which reflect sufficiently big enough crowds to make any move financially viable; we need to tread carefully ;)

At a time when crowds are dropping ours are standing up pretty well compared to others.
Witton are based in Northwich but had just 237 yesterday despite being promoted last season and playing in a league two above ours where you’d expect larger away followings....... just shows playing in Northwich wont guarantee higher crowds!
Running a club within means, bringing through young talent and playing attractive football is what’s needed to bring in new fans. Something we are trying our best to do.
Given the extra cost witton would want, and the loss in revenue for us from last season a move could prove fatal or at best, a backward step for this club! (Just an opinion!).

Good points Blackie. Wherever and whenever we eventually leave our present Winsford base, it needs to be right financially for the club as we move forward. A new home nearer to Northwich doesn’t guarantee us the promise of any extra numbers on the gate necessarily.

Back