• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

2017/18 Season Shirt

Would rather see the players happy playing well than bothered how they look tbh!

Oh yeah I agree, would just be a way of including them in a decision and make them feel a bit more part of things

Think any of the new designs would beat the best one of the previous group easily.
No5 seems to be a strong front runner and wouldnt be surprised to see it win.
Would rather see the players happy playing well than bothered how they look tbh!
Great effort by Mr Darcy to produce some great designs which really match the brand re-fresh.
My favourite is No 7 just because it has a bit of white that breaks up the Green and Black.
No 5 is also great.
I know that this won't go down well with Chris the kitman, but either of these kits with white socks would look ever better and would also retain a bit more whit in the strip.
Not sure how long white socks last in a season, but I'd be prepared to fund two sets if we chose strip 5 or 7 with black shorts and white socks.
Used to play for Plumley Celtic in these colours back in the late 80's and they looked great!

White socks not good! Sorry!!! (said as a Mum who has to wash white shorts and socks - it's a killer!)

My choices out of these would be 6 and 10 for the goalie. Not really sure I prefer these to the original tbh.

I'm not sure the choice should just be about what we 'prefer' as such.

The second set all come from the same design brain as the new logo and general comms content (the rebranding). The '74 'look' needs to be consistent to really ram home our own identity and to make it stand-out. None of the first set meet that particular brief.

We should also be striving to look professional. I'd argue that only one or two of the first set meet that criteria. I personally really dislike the claret away kit - I certainly wouldn't prefer it to many things - but it is at least professional looking and so doesn't do the club down on that measure.

Being honest, I'd quite happily just put the entire choice into the hands of someone - like John, or anyone else - who 'gets' '74 and good design.

I'm not sure the choice should just be about what we 'prefer' as such.

The second set all come from the same design brain as the new logo and general comms content (the rebranding). The '74 'look' needs to be consistent to really ram home our own identity and to make it stand-out. None of the first set meet that particular brief.

We should also be striving to look professional. I'd argue that only one or two of the first set meet that criteria. I personally really dislike the claret away kit - I certainly wouldn't prefer it to many things - but it is at least professional looking and so doesn't do the club down on that measure.

Being honest, I'd quite happily just put the entire choice into the hands of someone - like John, or anyone else - who 'gets' '74 and good design.
This is pretty much word for word on where I'm at too - even the claret kit!

For me, if we're going roll this '74' rebranding, the away kit needs changing too! The second batch of home designs are superb and what were about, now the away needs to follow suit...

For me, if we're going roll this '74' rebranding, the away kit needs changing too! The second batch of home designs are superb and what were about, now the away needs to follow suit...

We also have to consider things from a merchandising point of view. It doesn't make sense (at this level) to change two kits at once. People need to spread their spending. The club will sell more replica shirts if changes are staggered across seasons.

Last edited:
We also have to consider things from a merchandising point of view. It doesn't make sense (at this level) to change two kits at once. People need to spread their spending. The club will sell more replica shirts if changes are staggered across seasons.
Fully understand that, probably next season we will change the away kit.

Spot on Nicki. It would be so easy to change the away kit too, but that's hitting people at a time when they are looking to buy the green shirt. This will happen in 12 months.

Thought I'd stop lurking and throw my hat into the ring. Great new set of shirt designs, single vertical stripe being my favourite personally. Think the black and green work really nicely together.

When I did the logo / branding I loved the idea of chevrons, the idea being that they reflect the tudor patterns on buildings around town, do any shirt companies offer anything like this?:

Attachments

• IMG_8285.JPG
    IMG_8285.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 18
More great work, thanks Ian.

Just a reminder to Members, you have until this evening to make your choice. We will then work with Ian (SK Kits) to produce the final shirt and then it will be launched. Thank you to everyone who has voted so far, in person, by email and text. Amazing response.

Back