• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 0-4 Winsford

I don't think any moderators will be locking the thread. I'm also a little late to it - just read it.

Looks fine to me. Mostly sensible comments, nobody insulting anyone else.

...even quite heartwarming to see lots of different contributors - each one doing so because they care about the club.

I believe the Board already have a policy in place on use of the forum - but it does not ban anyone and (given that the club is also "by the fans for the fans", with the Board members also being fans) nor should it, IMO. Not sure how identifying users as "club officials" gives their views any extra weight or credence, though. Also not sure if you prefer the manager to seethe in silence and take out his frustration on the cat (if he has one).

Healthier to have the debate out in the open, I would have thought - as long as everyone concerned realises that as it is football there will be as many opinions as posters, and each will refuse to concede they are in any way mistaken.

As for our friend Mikey White, I've always said we only dislike him because he is the sort of player other teams love to hate, and I agree every team benefits from someone of that ilk, if only because it riles the opposition.

Another disappointment is that when we get people through the turnstile we crumble and it takes ages to get them back. Got no issue with the manager contributing to the thread as long as he is realistic that if you get thumped by your local rivals on Boxing Day with a passion-less performance there are going to be comments about it.

"The independant forum ran by the fans, for the fans"

The forum is no place for a manager. Stay off the forum Ian if it bothers you so much. Simple solution.

As paying customers, people are allowed to voice their opinions and have a discussion, it's the whole purpose of this independant forum.

What good has your post done? You've agreed we were terrible. Nobody is saying you aren't trying your best, everyone appreciates your efforts for the club. But posting on here is not the right thing to do. Coming on and criticising the fans is ultimately going to turn the fanbase against you.

Take a look at other fans forums, they are all exactly the same. When the results don't go your way, the fans will post criticisms of the team, especially when the performance was so bad.

Think the board need to take a decision on a whole about whether club officials should be allowed to post on the forum, and in what capacity they are allowed to do so. The forum is meant to be independant to the club, yet club officials are highlighted, making the forum seem more official to the views of the club, which it shouldn't be.
Like I said earlier, can't believe I have bothered to give my opinion, seems it's not wanted, it's just for fans is it, well I thought I may have qualified as one of those but obviously not.

I came on cos I wanted to defend myself and was tired of the day after day negativity, I'm sure if someone was on here complaining about something you were trying to do then you'd feel the same, at no point have I criticised any fans, bit pointless and counter productive to do that.

I personally would prefer to see the performances do the talking rather than getting into tit for tat arguments on here. There was a lot of praise for the recent wins and thanks given to yourself and the players.

Like I said earlier, can't believe I have bothered to give my opinion, seems it's not wanted, it's just for fans is it, well I thought I may have qualified as one of those but obviously not.

I came on cos I wanted to defend myself and was tired of the day after day negativity, I'm sure if someone was on here complaining about something you were trying to do then you'd feel the same, at no point have I criticised any fans, bit pointless and counter productive to do that.

There has been negativity after a shocking performance on Boxing Day. I'd go as far to say that it's the worst in our short history. If you hadn't noticed, there has been a lot of positivity on here for yourself and the players with the recent wins against Runcorn Town and Liverpool-you don't seem to have mentioned that though.

As the manager you shouldn't be getting drawn into discussions on here, it's not the place for it. The open meetings are a great idea and there is the place for you to respond to fan comments; an independant forum from the club is just not the place for this in my opinion.

Nobody has questioned your effort, nobody has said anything untoward about yourself, I don't see why there was any need to post on this thread. It hasn't been constructive in any way whatsoever. Comments from yourself suggesting that the discussions on this thread have been deliberately constructed to make you reconsider the point of the work you are doing are not helpful either; and not based on any truth whatsoever. It's comments like this which will distance yourself from some members of our fan base.

The criticism are fair. Nothing out of line.

If it upsets you, turn that feeling into motivation to prove everyone wrong.

The criticism are fair. Nothing out of line.

If it upsets you, turn that feeling into motivation to prove everyone wrong.
The criticisms are fair but it's the length of time it goes on for, that's what I try to do but I feel that is winning games for the wrong reasons and takes away all the enjoyment I used to get from it..

At the end of the day, the performance on Monday was very poor and fans have every right to say that on an independent fans forum. I've not seen any comments on this thread that have been abusive or insulting towards anyone.
No one is questioning your effort and commitment to the club, Ian, but you have to accept that when the lads play as poorly as they did against Winsford, there are going to be some critical comments, as much as you'll get praise for the performances against Runcorn Town and Liverpool. It's the nature of any forum of any football club and is fair enough in my opinion.

but it does not ban anyone and (given that the club is also "by the fans for the fans", with the Board members also being fans) nor should it, IMO.

The original documents from forming the club preclude board members from posting personal views on any matches.

*Highlights* here
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Do I think Streety should post on here? Probably not.

Do I blame him for posting on here? Definitely not.

I think we'd all get a little upset if our performance at work was scrutinised and criticised to the extent that happens in football.

Accepted that football does work to a set of different norms than the rest of the world though - whether it's the level of criticism, the publicising of players' wages, the amount of financial mismanagement... and so I think criticism is something those involved in the game just have to take on the chin... whilst also having a right to reply.

The original documents from forming the club preclude board members from posting personal views on any matches.

Indeed, though as this is restricted to "Board members" and "personal comments on matches", it doesn't (a) ban them from posting on the forum or (b) cover non-Board officials and management/players.

The criticisms are fair but it's the length of time it goes on for, that's what I try to do but I feel that is winning games for the wrong reasons and takes away all the enjoyment I used to get from it..

There's no wrong reasons to win games, whatever your motivation to get 3 points is your prerogative.

But that's the nature of everything.

It's not unique to football, or even sport for that matter. When it all goes well, brilliant, we celebrate.

When it goes badly wrong, like Boxing Day, we use the forum to discuss, and dissect the performance and ponder just what went wrong.

I woundnt take it to heart. It's going to happen. These discussions would have happened at your previous clubs, just they don't have a forum.

and in "my day" these interminable discussions went on in the club after the game, and in the pub that evening, and went on until the next game - it's just got more noticeable now it's online

Back