• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 0-4 Winsford

Another question is at the start of the season would you take where we are now? i most certainly would the 3points we lost on Saturday we will get back on Friday night against a pathetic Cammell Laird side noticed the team's above us have some tricky games to so not worried at all

i most certainly would the 3points we lost on Saturday we will get back on Friday night against a pathetic Cammell Laird side.
I hope you don't end up regretting that comment. Yes, I'd expect us to win against a side rock bottom without a win all season and with just 6 points, but it's a bit harsh to call them pathetic. You just never know what might happen in this league so we have to treat them with as much respect as we would anyone else.

To answer your question, I would have taken where we are at the start of the season, but that doesn't change the fact that there is some concern about the style of our play at times and in particular, the way we've rolled over and been beaten at home especially. When we get beat, we tend to lose by two or three goals at least.

I hope you don't end up regretting that comment. Yes, I'd expect us to win against a side rock bottom without a win all season and with just 6 points, but it's a bit harsh to call them pathetic. You just never know what might happen in this league so we have to treat them with as much respect as we would anyone else.

To answer your question, I would have taken where we are at the start of the season, but that doesn't change the fact that there is some concern about the style of our play at times and in particular, the way we've rolled over and been beaten at home especially. When we get beat, we tend to lose by two or three goals at least.

Every good time has an off day and that's what we are a good team we have proven that with results in the last weeks against the better sides in this division.

As for Cammell Laird maybe the comments are a tad harsh but what would you call a side with only 6pts this season without a win this season and a goal difference of - 70 plus.

Every good time has an off day and that's what we are a good team we have proven that with results in the last weeks against the better sides in this division.

As for Cammell Laird maybe the comments are a tad harsh but what would you call a side with only 6pts this season without a win this season and a goal difference of - 70 plus.

That second paragraph has all the makings to come back and bite you on the arse Matt, all due respect. Yes we should beat them, but we should've beaten Winsford in terms of personnel and form and what have you, but we lost 4-0 there. In theory, we should beat these 4-0, but it is football, we struggled to beat an AFC Blackpool side not too long ago, we could easily slip up again on Friday. The last thing we need to do is to think we only need to turn up and the 3 points will be ours. Not after Boxing Day.

The point about the off day, yes that happens, but how many times have we had an off day this season. We've been (un)lucky (whichever way you look at it) in that a couple of them have been in cup games and not cost us dear in the league. Cal's post, earlier in this thread, about some of the defeats we've had this season highlights this. It's not a case of us being unlucky in them and then only bad in one game or two. We have been comfortably beaten a few times this season by 3 goals.

I am not writing off our chances at all! I'll make that clear. I said it before in this thread, we're not out of this race at all. We're 5 points behind with a game in hand, not yet in 2017. Of course we're not f***ing out of it, but we need to have a very strong second half to the season to be champions. We won't be alone in that viewpoint, both Runcorn sides, Bootle and Colls will say the same thing about themselves, like we will be about us.

That strong second half to the season starts on Friday! COYG!

Yes you are allowed to say we were crap, didnt take a genius to work that one out, I've got no problem with that personally and as always lots are very quick to say that, but again it's four days of constant backwards and forwards bickering that really can't be doing anybody any good, it certainly makes me think what's the point so if that is the idea of all this then congratulations it's working.

We were god awful but sometimes that happens, and it happens to every club, I was shocked and hurt at how bad we were, we had prepared properly but the game didn't go our way and we couldn't recover. If people think we just go ok that's it and go home then they are very much mistaken, if anyone feels just half as bad as me or any of our management or committee then you'd realise that to be constantly reminded is soul destroying.

There are all kinds of excuses but none are valid, we lost and have to get ready for the next game and put that disappointment behind us but to know that the next defeat will no doubt have a barrage of negativity again makes it so not enjoyable..
I can't believe I've posted on here again cos whatever I do or say someone will have an issue with it so I say very little these days just in case anything gets twisted, I realise not everyone will agree with what we do or even like me, but we are just trying to do our best.

I dont mind getting beat if we come out and have a go and give100%., But monday we were outbattled by Winsford and just rolled over.
Winsford wanted it more and got what they deserved as did we.
If Street could get a couple of Mike White type of player we would walk this league.We are just to soft at the moment.

I dont mind getting beat if we come out and have a go and give100%., But monday we were outbattled by Winsford and just rolled over.
Winsford wanted it more and got what they deserved as did we.
If Street could get a couple of Mike White type of player we would walk this league.We are just to soft at the moment.
Is that the same Whitey who all of you seem to hate...

Ok so who do you want leaving out of the team...?

We lost a game of football, unsurprisingly it happens from time to time! The best teams in the world have bad days at the office so i think the players deserve to be cut some slack, especially after two great wins prior to Boxing Day. Obviously the manner of the defeat was disappointing but a win tomorrow and we're still in a great position.

We all hate Mike White as he plays for the opposition and usually plays well against us.If he had a green shirt on most would love him im sure.
I just think that is the type of player we need,not him personaly and not saying it has to be a defender ,Just some one who will drive the team foreward and is vocal (and will referee the game)
Thats my opinion,doesnt mean im right as we all see the game differently,

We all hate Mike White as he plays for the opposition and usually plays well against us.If he had a green shirt on most would love him im sure.
I just think that is the type of player we need,not him personaly and not saying it has to be a defender ,Just some one who will drive the team foreward and is vocal (and will referee the game)
Thats my opinion,doesnt mean im right as we all see the game differently,
Imagine if you made the decision to get someone in like that and it didn't work out and were constantly criticised for it by all the others who were of a different opinion, how bad would you feel...

Imagine if you made the decision to get someone in like that and it didn't work out and were constantly criticised for it by all the others who were of a different opinion, how bad would you feel...
By the way Whiteys team have lost 9 league games, imagine if I / we had lost that many, I'd be hanging from a tree in the local park if it were up to some people on here...!
Anyway over and out...

I dont think you can please everybody no matter what you do,we all have different opinions and want different things.
We have a squad of very good players for the league we are in,I just think they are too nice at times,
Some people will think we have to win the league no matter what the the style of play.
I have the opinion i want to watch a team that attacks,Gives 100% entertains .If we win great if we lose then theres always next week.

Part of the issue I think is that we played so well against runcorn and Liverpool and we expected it on boxing day, we are all disappointed to lose to winsford who we had more than enough quality to beat, as long as people post when we win as well as when we lose there is no issue as long as nobody becomes personal or abusive.
See you all tomorrow

Part of the issue I think is that we played so well against runcorn and Liverpool and we expected it on boxing day, we are all disappointed to lose to winsford who we had more than enough quality to beat, as long as people post when we win as well as when we lose there is no issue as long as nobody becomes personal or abusive.
See you all tomorrow

Couldnt agree more:scarf:

Streety is right imo, moan, moan f......g moan. I bet if we dont win by 8 clear goals tomorrow the usual people will be on here again winging.
I dont think people understand when enough is enough so sod off.

Or an Adam Foy!! I know he's not playing but someone to be the manager on the field. We are quiet on the field, Matt Wooley tries but doesn't seem to get more grit out of the lads.

Definitely have your opinion but...................
As some people are saying we are still in a good position and turn up tomorrow and support the lads, that's how you can help!

See you there!

Lets all put the Winsford game behind us now. We have all now had the opportunity to vent our frustrations and dissapointment about the the Winsford game, including myself. Let's all appreciate the good work that is being done by Ian and his management team. We are having a good season apart from one or two unfortunate blips along the way. It is now time to get behind the team and hopefully we go on another run of good results, starting with Cammel Lairds tomorrow. I vote that we now lock this thread and move on.

Last edited:
"The independant forum ran by the fans, for the fans"

The forum is no place for a manager. Stay off the forum Ian if it bothers you so much. Simple solution.

As paying customers, people are allowed to voice their opinions and have a discussion, it's the whole purpose of this independant forum.

What good has your post done? You've agreed we were terrible. Nobody is saying you aren't trying your best, everyone appreciates your efforts for the club. But posting on here is not the right thing to do. Coming on and criticising the fans is ultimately going to turn the fanbase against you.

Take a look at other fans forums, they are all exactly the same. When the results don't go your way, the fans will post criticisms of the team, especially when the performance was so bad.

Think the board need to take a decision on a whole about whether club officials should be allowed to post on the forum, and in what capacity they are allowed to do so. The forum is meant to be independant to the club, yet club officials are highlighted, making the forum seem more official to the views of the club, which it shouldn't be.

Back