• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 0-4 Winsford

are we only club I know who don't not have cover in Defence.sorry some of the players are really not good enough at end of day

They also lost to gate the game before plenty more twists and turns to come yet not panicking just yet!
they also beat Winsford 5-1!
Have scored 76 goals....31 more than us!
And have a plus goal difference of 40....23 more than us.
They may have had a few blips but haven't needed to scrape 3 points as often as we've had to!!

IMG_0530.PNG
No panic just yet.

I agree, shite today, but missing Matt Russell, Paul Connor and DT. They are three enormous losses to our side. Matt Russell has been player of the month twice already this season, so you know how big a part he is to the team. Same goes for Paul.

A bad day, we move on and rally together, behind the lads 100%.

Last edited:
Every time there's a big crowd to impress the team bottle it. Really disappointing. This year could be the best chance to get out of this league.

Inconsistencies are our consistency it would seem. I'm on a Xmas holiday in Wales till Thursday and back for Friday's game at CL. I'm sure we will put it right then and be back in the mix again.
Despite what a lot of "experts" are saying, this is one of the hardest seasons for many a year in the NWCFL because many teams have upped their squads and games.
It's a brilliant league, brilliant clubs, superb value for money, and one thing is certain. WE WILL BE IN THE MIX.
We lost a game after beating the league leaders and another of the form sides only to lose an important derby (poorly, admittedly) it happens.
Have a drink, smile and wish your friends and family all the love in the world. There are worse things than getting thumped by your landlords, ask Vics.

The table shows us in the mix, but the win today would have put us 3 behind with a game in hand to go level on points. Unfortunately the players bottled it today and got outworked in all areas of the field.

Winsford simply wanted it more we weren't even close to competing.

There is lots to play for. However, if our form for the second half of the season replicates our first half, we're not going up, unfortunately it is that simple. Need to improve quickly and get some consistency. I appreciate that there are factors that have proved problematic to achieving this, poor discipline being one of them.

Good point about the poor Discipline, Nik.

Poor disciple is something we've got constantly throughout Street's tenure, it's something the management should be kicking out of our game.

If you can't win with suspensions, dont pick them up in the first place

Nothing wrong with our discipline imho, we stick up for ourselves and referees wait for and then punish a reaction instead of dealing with the original offense

Josh, we can't keep blaming the refs, you're going to get some right whoppers at this level. But they're equally as bad for both teams, so let's look at what they're doing to get much less cards.

You're right about sticking up for ourselves when we think the decisions gone the wrong way. But the refs minds made up, just walk away. He won't change his mind, you'll just annoy him.

Andy.

Be courteous.

Its the Manager, or Mr Street, or Ian.

John.

There is nothing discourteous about the use of the word "Street".

If Liverpool win the FA cup, the headlines will be "Klopps men Triumph". Is that discourteous? No.

Streets an Adult. I don't think he cares whether someone calls him Ian or Street on a forum. He's got much more important things to worry about.

Stop trying to cause a mountain out of nothing. Its sport. Surenames are used.

Mr Klopp gets paid a kings ransom to manage in the Premier League.

Mr Street does not, but his professionalism and dedication to OUR club is beyond question.

Our club is more than just sport or business and if it were not then we would still be in the hands of Mr Rushe.

Last edited:
A game I think we lost when we went behind. Our under strength team looked just that unfortunately and got overrun and outfought in midfield. Our midfield today consisted of just Sam Hare as others failed to shine and left our defence really exposed.

Again early on we rue missed chances, passing on occasions when a shot was beckoning. "If you don't shoot you don't score". Scott looked our most likely in the first half, but many faded in the second half.

Results weren't too bad for us today and we are still in a fair position to challenge. We need to take stock of where we are and push on. If we needed motivation today we didn't seem to get it but we certainly need more to go further.
(Oh look at Bootle's last goal on twitter, AFC Liverpool's goalie really does give it to them, just our luck!)

See everyone on Friday with a win surely!

I am more disappointed in the fact even though we had players missing we had more than enough on the pitch to have beaten them
Just hope some of the extra fans return.

Now had a good sleep and enjoyed my Christmas pud after that most disapointing of display's I am eagerly looking forward to our next game, and HOPEFULLY to be shown the class that we all know is there !!.

Back