• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 0-4 Winsford

and in "my day" these interminable discussions went on in the club after the game, and in the pub that evening, and went on until the next game - it's just got more noticeable now it's online

Do you really have to be such an idiot all the time? Jesus Christ, you post constant drivel.

If Ian wants to give his view what is the problem?

Personally I quite like to hear his views and thoughts on here - we all post our thoughts and hope they get taken on board - then moan when he clearly reads them and he has his own view?

A lot moaned about style of play
- then we played some fantastic football, let's give the boys and Ian credit for good performances!

My view, one bad performance doesn't need to lead to us all losing our heads - let's keep some perspective.

Now back to Alan's drivel about the Internet revolution and how it's changed football

Sorry to have rocked your boat. In the ensuing stormy waters you seem to have misconstrued that I was saying things were different, when in fact I was saying things were the same and backing up the people you think I was criticising (even including you, you may be shocked to hear). Oh well.

More drivel no doubt over the next few days.

Do you really have to be such an idiot all the time? Jesus Christ, you post constant drivel.

If Ian wants to give his view what is the problem?

Personally I quite like to hear his views and thoughts on here - we all post our thoughts and hope they get taken on board - then moan when he clearly reads them and he has his own view?

A lot moaned about style of play
- then we played some fantastic football, let's give the boys and Ian credit for good performances!

My view, one bad performance doesn't need to lead to us all losing our heads - let's keep some perspective.

Now back to Alan's drivel about the Internet revolution and how it's changed football

Criticism and football talk is fine, personal attacks on valued supporters is not. I personally have never known Alan to talk 'drivel'.

Criticism and football talk is fine, personal attacks on valued supporters is not. I personally have never known Alan to talk 'drivel'.

Kit, is Toddys post not a personal attack on me?

Note; this is constant and continues on more than one thread?

Or am I not a valued supporter?

While Alan and I haven't always seen eye to eye, I certainly wouldn't put him in the talking drivel category!!!
He likes to quote a good fact or saying (nothing wrong with that!), sometimes comes over a bit pompous (sorry Alan, just my opinion), but I honestly didn't see anything wrong with his post to validate such a response?!.

Sorry to have rocked your boat. In the ensuing stormy waters you seem to have misconstrued that I was saying things were different, when in fact I was saying things were the same and backing up the people you think I was criticising (even including you, you may be shocked to hear). Oh well.

More drivel no doubt over the next few days.

Alan,

Apologies for the rather blunt response, took it to far and I do enjoy your occasional fact!

As blackie says, I do find you pompous (again, just an opinion) and I thought this was another occasion where you being and was trying to get at me.

Sorry again for the post - I look forward to more facts and our friendly clashes on here!

I dont have a problem with the manager coming on here and giving his point of view. The team he selected boxing day was more than good enough to beat winsford,But for some reason it didnt work,He must be feeling frustrated and let down same as us,
would it be a good idea /or possible for a member of the management team to put there thoughts on the goings on at the club in the newsletter every so often,(not just performances on the pitch),problems they face,what they want to see in the future that sort of thing,
We only turn up and see good/bad performances but dont have a clue the reasons for them.

Hi Jean and Toddy: pack it in please - or take your arguments to personal messages.

I've deleted the recent tit-for-tat. I presume you've both read it as you've responded to each other and nobody else is interested.

Last edited:
OK Nicki I'll stay off altogether it seems people can make personal attack's on me pretend to be me insult me,accuse me of posting under another name,and when I retaliate it's wrong.

Hi Jean and Toddy: pack it in please - or take your arguments to personal messages.

I've deleted the recent tit-for-tat. I presume you've both read it as you've responded to each other and nobody else is interested.

Finally! This is what I've wanted for a long time - I've sent various messages to mods about this as it's ruining the forum and really is childish.

Let's keep the forum about football and about our great club.

I may put my foot in it and say stuff others disagree with / don't like (that's life and football) - but I'm man enough to apologise when I get things wrong (as I did today).

I'm not interested in playground stuff - so anymore 'snakes in the grass', 'I know who you are', 'you don't fool me' etc I won't take on - as the saying goes 'water off a ducks back'.

If anyone (other than toddy) things I'm a W*itton fan please message me and I'll be happy to introduce myself either on here or at a game.

I dont have a problem with the manager coming on here and giving his point of view. The team he selected boxing day was more than good enough to beat winsford,But for some reason it didnt work,He must be feeling frustrated and let down same as us,
would it be a good idea /or possible for a member of the management team to put there thoughts on the goings on at the club in the newsletter every so often,(not just performances on the pitch),problems they face,what they want to see in the future that sort of thing,
We only turn up and see good/bad performances but dont have a clue the reasons for them.

Great idea. This alongside regular 'meet the manager' events will do wonders in bringing the management / fans closer.

It must be difficult Street being on here reading negative and not being able to have the place to respond and get his own viewpoint across!

Dialog both ways can do nothing but be constructive for our club

Back