• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 0-4 Winsford

are we only club I know who don't not have cover in Defence

I think what we have got to realise is the league we are playing in. This isn't Premier League, yes we were down to the bear essentials yesterday and to be fair Ian brought in a full back as cover but at the end of the day we didn't play well enough.

You can't have lads sat on the bench waiting for injuries and suspensions, they just move on. Don't they Chappie!
It's a difficult job just trying to get 16 players week in week out let alone motivating them to win each game. But having said that I thought Ian might have brought Stu on yesterday just to get the lads going on the pitch.

Mr Klopp gets paid a kings ransom to manage in the Premier League.

Mr Street does not, but his professionalism and dedication to OUR club is beyond question.

Our club is more than just sport or business and if it were not then we would still be in the hands of Mr Rushe.

I'm saying no more about your ridiculous comments, John.

Everyone can see what you're trying to do.

I hope the moderators take appropriate action if your behaviour continues. This is a football forum, not a play ground. Be an adult.

I'm saying no more about your ridiculous comments, John.

Everyone can see what you're trying to do.

I hope the moderators take appropriate action if your behaviour continues. This is a football forum, not a play ground. Be an adult.

I hope they do too - this forum is ruined by people who attack other people who don't toe the party line, purposely trying to derail a thread and belittle other members.

Your right, this is a forum with adults on - so why do people on here result in playground insults? (Toddy, John et al)

I'll await the usual drivel from the moderators (particularly Alan M) about how it isn't spam and falls within the forum rules - when everyone can see it isn't!

I was at the game, we were poor - no doubt about it. But after some fantastic performances let's hope it's a blip - in my view, were still in the mix and another good performance on Friday everything will be forgotten - let's not lose our perspective, one result doesn't ruin the good season we're having!

Up the '74

I am one frustrated 1874 fan. Yesterday's performance was not acceptable and very disappointing after having witnessed 2 excellent results against Runcorn Town and AFC Liverpool. Yes I can accept that we fielded a weakened team, but I thought none of our players were on their A game yesterday. I am frustrated because we would have been well and truely in the mix for top spot if we had won the game yesterday. Anyway I would just like to say that Winsford played well and fully deserved their win on the day. As for 1874 we now move onto the next game and hopefully we will see a much better performance from the team.

I don't like the way people who dare to criticise are scornfully treated on here. Fan run club does not have to mean unconditional positivity. If a performance is pants it's pants, people should be able to say it.

Having taken 2 of my family to watch the match who were visiting over Christmas I was quite embarrassed
with the performance of the team.

Good job I have a sense of humour as I was the brunt of most of the jokes all night.

cheers boys !, woeful, still not over it yet ...

I don't like the way people who dare to criticise are scornfully treated on here. Fan run club does not have to mean unconditional positivity. If a performance is pants it's pants, people should be able to say it.

Voice of reason as always

Exactly. It's not as if praise isn't given to the lads when they play well. There were lots of positive comments on both the Runcorn Town and Liverpool threads. At the end of the day, it was a very poor performance against Winsford, and therefore I think it's completely justified and within reason to criticise as a fan and paying customer on an independent fans forum.
This happens at any other club so I don't see why it should be any different with us. Just because a supporter makes a post that is deemed to be 'negative', it doesn't make them any less of a fan than anyone else. We all care about the club and want the best for it and for it to reach its full potential. Ultimately, every fan should have a voice regardless of the opinion they have.

Last edited:
Arriving late to the thread ... I can't find anyone criticising criticisms of the performance. Just one forum member criticising another for their manner of referring to the manager. The criticism was a bit over the top IMO but it was an opinion. All opinions equally accepted.

I like Alan can not find one post in this thread criticising the criticisms of poster's,if there is one I've missed could you please point it out.But even if there was,if someone does not agree with your point of view the have the right to voice it,the same as you have the right to make it.So if you want an open forum don't expect everyone to agree with you,and if they don't that's their right to say so.

Last edited:
Sally sells seashells by the seashore.
She sells seashells on the seashell shore.
The seashells she sells are seashore shells,
Of that I'm sure.

She sells seashells by the seashore.
She hopes she will sell all her seashells soon.
If neither he sells seashells
Nor she sells seashells,
Who shall sell seashells?
Shall seashells be sold?

Sally sells seashells by the seashore.
She sells seashells on the seashell shore.
The seashells she sells are seashore shells,
Of that I'm sure.

She sells seashells by the seashore.
She hopes she will sell all her seashells soon.
If neither he sells seashells
Nor she sells seashells,
Shall seashells be sold?

We are brilliant as a fanbase for coming up with excuses for poor performances. Yes we may have been under-strength, but I've watched Vics (sorry) games in the past where we played against strong teams with 10 men on the pitch and an outfield player in between the sticks and we've still come away with something. It's about the players being motivated and wanting to win balls, headers, tackles and ultimately matches I'm afraid and far too many times I personally have watched games this season where this is distinctly lacking and it shows in the result.

If the management can't get the team fired up for a Boxing Day Derby in front of a big crowd, there's something very wrong.

As you know I wasn't Streets (I'm calling him that - as it's football, anyone who doesn't like it - I don't care as it's unbelievably stupid and you need to get a live :) ) biggest fan due to style of play - BUT before this game, WE proved we have what it takes - exciting games with fantastic individual and team performance.

Everyone has a bad day at the office - let's hope we get a response on Friday. I fully expect Street and the players to be hurting as much as us - let's give them the chance to put it right on Friday

To be fair, there is always much more scope for discussion and debate about the whys, the wherefors and the whatifs when things go wrong. It is only natural. It is good that we have a lively discussion IMO - and maybe even some ideas will come out of it all and get put into practice.

Really wish pages were 3-4 pages long when we beat sides like Runcorn Town and AFC Liverpool yes boxing day was a bad result get over it were still in a fantastic position and surely will pick up 3pts at Cammell Laird on Friday night
When we play well we only have to comment once (twice at most), and there's not much to disagree with!
When we play bad (and that was bad!), we get more response (and stupid responses regarding calling the manager Ian or mister! :oops:).....obvious I would have thought!! o_O.

Really wish pages were 3-4 pages long when we beat sides like Runcorn Town and AFC Liverpool yes boxing day was a bad result get over it were still in a fantastic position and surely will pick up 3pts at Cammell Laird on Friday night
Matt, as things stand, there are actually more replies and pages on the Runcorn Town match thread than what there are on this one, so I'm not sure what your point is? You can't expect people to pay £6 and watch us roll over and get beat 4-0 and not expect any 'negative' comments.

Back