• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Step 5 promotion null & void ?

The NWCFL were notified of the decision by the FA at 21.48 last night. Well after the story had hit social media.

I'd like to see a boycott of the Vase by the clubs next season.

The decision has been made and we will have to accept it, put it behind us and look forward otherwise it will 'eat away' at us like a cancer. All our stats from 19/20 must be recorded in our records.Turn our anger into positivity, and get back to the top IF next season starts as scheduled.
That said, I would treat Vase, Senior and Mid Ches cups as squad/training sessions. Go strong in the FA Cup for potencial finance and publicity and out of respect for the NWCFL be competitive in the Macron.
See you all next season ????

The NWCFL were notified of the decision by the FA at 21.48 last night. Well after the story had hit social media.

I'd like to see a boycott of the Vase by the clubs next season.
Unfortunately Mark they would probably just fine you and carry on regardless. They don't care.

I know we are all upset but that's the way it is,but we have to get over it,roll our sleeves and support the club and keep the club up there at the fore front of local football.This season was a pleasure to be a supporter of our great club,so keep supporting the club in any way you can and we will come out of this stronger i'm sure.

One of the leagues that was consulted have explained their thinking behind the decision

So the highest non league division in Scotland, The Lowland League, have concluded the 2019-20 season with a points per game decision. Not sure about the Highland.

They are not relegating anyone and the SFA have yet to decide whether the top team will enter the usual play off to enter the Scottish 2nd Division.

Unfortunately Mark they would probably just fine you and carry on regardless. They don't care.

Exactly, much better we go win one of their showcase trophies (which we know we would all love it too, anyway.) What better chance of putting 1874 in the national spotlight and a delicious karma to exploit. Hopefully a Vase / league double .Great scenes as the FA would have to flaunt all over us , applaud us up the steps etc,.Picking up the trophy and medals without handshakes to the FA just nonchalant elbow tapping with their top brass.
On a playing plus spectator viewpoint , probably the best chance our lads and fans will have of getting a Wembley appearance too.
Let the football do the talking

How long do the FA give before calling it void? Football will not be played with fans watching while social distancing is ongoing. So it could be August 2021 before it restarts. To restart from where the leagues finished then would be crazy. No team would have the same squad. As hard as it is to take, football just isn't a priority.

If they still want to update the pyramid for when it restarts then I agree PPG would be the fairest way. But no leagues have been won ( unless mathematically uncatchable) so no trophy's given.

How long do the FA give before calling it void? Football will not be played with fans watching while social distancing is ongoing. So it could be August 2021 before it restarts. To restart from where the leagues finished then would be crazy. No team would have the same squad. As hard as it is to take, football just isn't a priority.

If they still want to update the pyramid for when it restarts then I agree PPG would be the fairest way. But no leagues have been won ( unless mathematically uncatchable) so no trophy's given.
To say August 2021 is as daft as saying it will re-start in May 2020. No-one knows when it will start. But if it could re-start in May or early June they could have easily finished off this season and if it is next Jan or Feb well they might as well finish off this. Having said that, you are of course right, squads will have changed and it is highly likely some clubs will have lost players to Covid. What I really object to is that it seems there is one rule for the big boys and the tiddlers can go fish, as far as the FA is concerned. However, they have made their decision and we are left to deal with it.

The ' big boy's ' have a £750m outstanding TV deal keeping the powers that be busy but they too will be getting the same treatment eventually. Games are not going to be played behind close doors any time soon. Every match played needs emergency services there. Players will get injured. Do we really want those ambulances sat at a football ground just so we have something to watch on tv. In the grand scheme of things football needs to put in its place of what's essential and what's not. Football without fans is nothing.

What your not taking into account is that the places for the champions league etc need to be finalised along with promotion and relegation to and from the PL. The EL championship final is known to be one of the the greatest prizes in world football with the untold riches of the PLl as a reward. The EFL are not going to let that go - never mind the clubs who could get promoted - its a once in a generation chance (ask Leeds!!). There;'s serious money at stake and I think they will even delay next season to get this through - let alone the law suits if they don't !!

The Premier League could (theoretically)employ private medical companies to “police” the health of the of the players?

Intriguing?

Attachments

• 7E9B42DC-F8A1-4281-AB8F-93FDA9C527E0.png
    7E9B42DC-F8A1-4281-AB8F-93FDA9C527E0.png
    393.4 KB · Views: 16
  • FF296A1D-14CB-4668-B2F6-F52F4FE9E41C.jpeg
    FF296A1D-14CB-4668-B2F6-F52F4FE9E41C.jpeg
    328.5 KB · Views: 15
These private medical companies are the employees sat at home doing nothing or are they helping out on the front line ?

As for promotion and relegation, nothing. Keep all leagues as they are. Filter the prize money through the leagues.

Any game behind close doors to finish the leagues will diminish the integrity of it. Teams not being able to have the advantage of there fans cheering them on. Players contracts ending end of June, again squad changing. Do u think we should be testing every football player before every game?

Lets say they finish the PL. Like u said what about Leeds and West Brom. OK finish the Championship. Wait, what about Div.1 and 2. OK got to be fair, finish them. That's lots of medical staff, lots of injuries. Then u got fans turning up at these empty stadiums. Do u seriously think Liverpool or Leeds fans are gonna stay away. Or at least mix with each other to watch on TV.

So many reasons. Fairest way is null and void. Start again when fans can watch. Like I said before football without fans is nothing.

Agree with your sentiments GG. The private medical companies idea was a bit far fetched and a tongue in cheek, but nothing would surprise me.

However ......

Attachments

• BAEBC551-76A7-4A72-A210-879586DEB6F3.jpeg
    BAEBC551-76A7-4A72-A210-879586DEB6F3.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 18
Doesn’t look like the the NL clubs are going to be in universal agreement. No surprise to be honest.

Back