• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Step 5 promotion null & void ?

Graham Spencer

Legend
Jul 31, 2013
Well if they decide to just write off this season, it will be a crying shame
just need to keep fingers crossed

Just have to wait and see I guess?

I wonder what the other options might be though?

I'd imagine there are 3 main options:-

Finish the season
End the season now & use PPG or something to calculate final positions
Null & void it

Option 1 for me & depending on when that happens maybe a shortened 20/21 season with each team playing each other just the once

That would be radical steps for the FA ..... as would option two. Option three would guarantee outcry and probably legal action, unless the decision wasn’t across, which would be unfair. ...... What to do ..... ????

They just need to pull their finger out and make a decision. But then this is the FA we're talking about.

The FA have said they go for one of two solutions - points per game or null and void
I think they will go for the easy option and scrap this season from the records
very hard to take if that’s correct

The FA have said they go for one of two solutions - points per game or null and void
I think they will go for the easy option and scrap this season from the records
very hard to take if that’s correct

But given this is not going to be universally popular, it may not be the easy option. To be honest, nothing is, hence the dithering. I think the FA are pondering which bit of their arse to cover, before realising they’ve left another bit exposed.

Given the restructure then hopefully they'll not null & void it.

National League have made an announcement that the season will be cancelled. No clarification as to how the season will be decided though.

Conflicting reports and social media rumours that could be put to bed with some clarity. I hope it's PPG as I think that's the fairest way to decide this.

We're in the last part of the season and to just null and void it now would be unfair and a waste of everyone's time and money and efforts. Would be tough to take as we deserve promotion this season.

The FA are between the proverbial rock and hard place; damned (or more likely sued) if they do damned if they don’t. Nothing straightforward that they can decide. You’d like to think whatever decision they finally come up with is used across the leagues, Premiership through to Sunday Leagues. It’s the fairest way.

Reactions: pdw
I assume the higher levels of non-league want things sorted quickly due to having players on contract and having to pay them with little income.

I assume the higher levels of non-league want things sorted quickly due to having players on contract and having to pay them with little income.

But then of course the likes of Barrow and whoever is up for runners-up spot currently (don’t even look at the Conference anymore) will be not so keen for resolution, you’d think?

But then of course the likes of Barrow and whoever is up for runners-up spot currently (don’t even look at the Conference anymore) will be not so keen for resolution, you’d think?

There is a proposal to promote Barrow and to bin the play offs thus leaving Stevenage in League 2.

There is a proposal to promote Barrow and to bin the play offs thus leaving Stevenage in League 2.

But obviously it would be unreasonable and unfair to make Barrow the exception to the rule ;)

so what happens lower down the system ?
how would this affect step 5 ?
The NPL, Isthmian & Southern Leagues have asked the FA to make the season null & void. The FA won't (I imagine) make a decision until after 30 April. I was staggered to read that AFC Fylde wage bill was £1M.
Lower down the ladder the Cheshire League are 'in limbo' and will be directed by the FA.
GE

The really frustrating thing is clubs and leagues are busy quoting the latest update, only then to retract, stating they have been misquoted or attempt to clarify the facts ..... without actually clarifying.

High time the EFL, Premier League (presumably they are now the next sticking point ?) and FA concluded their discussions and a definitive decision was made.

Back