• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Step 5 promotion null & void ?

"The FA & NLS steps 3 to 6 have reached a concensus that the 2019/2020 season will now be brought to an end and all results will be expunged. This will mean no promotion or relegation of clubs between NLS Steps 3 to 6 and no promotion to NLS Step 2. The FA has also decided that all grassroots football is concluded for the 2019/2020 season."

The FA did say they wanted consensus in all leagues and I take that to be ALL leagues not just the lower parts of the football pyramid. I guess in that case that Liverpool won't be crowned premier league champions, or will it be different rules for the bigger clubs. The FA show yet again what an utter disgrace they are.
GUTTED.

Reactions: Ben
Crazy decision.

Is March. The season was suspended just 10 days ago. We don’t know how the world will look in 2 weeks time, let alone a month / 6 weeks time.

No need to rush this decision.

The FA have really shafted a lot of non league teams.

Right, they’ve made their decision, they are not going to change it. When we finally get the country fit and up and running and a new season begins, then we’ll just have to pick up where we left off and nail that promotion spot again! We ARE 74 :scarf::scarf:

Very disappointed with this decision but not surprised in the least. Have never had a high opinion of the F A. They have shown on numerous occasions they have little interest in non league. As long as the likes of Man Utd ,Liverpool etc are ok rest don’t matter. It was the easy way out. Points per game fairer imo but there we are.
However whatever league we are in it won’t make any difference to my support of our team. And it is of little importance at the moment bearing in mind the awful situation the country and the world find themselves.

What a pathetic decision, these people shouldn't be left in charge of a car boot sale. It does explain one thing though, why our refs get so much wrong decisions, must be in the FA training and gives me a new meaning to FA

Crazy decision.

Is March. The season was suspended just 10 days ago. We don’t know how the world will look in 2 weeks time, let alone a month / 6 weeks time.

No need to rush this decision.

The FA have really shafted a lot of non league teams.
Andy - I suspect that this chaos will not be resolved for 6 months + now. I think anyone who thinks that the 20/21 season could start by early autumn are either deluded or over optimistic. China is still just 3 months in from its first 'official' death and we are way behind their curve. Ditto Italy and Spain. We don't know if people who do suffer from the virus become immune. Would you put your 'cock on the block' and allow thousands of people to start to congregate together again unless you were sure that the short and medium term danger had passed?

IMHO, I suspect that next season may well not get underway until next autumn, if at all.

Yes, we are all pissed off at this decision and maybe how it has been reached. Feelings are raw at present anand in particular we all feel so gutted for our magnificent players and management team in that they aren't going to get the accolades they so richly deserve.

You “suspect”. That’s the key work there James.

I don’t know. You dont know. No one knows how long this will go on for, so why rush to such a rash decision just 10 days in?

wreckless behaviour from the FA

I have no issue with the decision, but will it be the same for all leagues? I don’t understand why this decision has just been made for some leagues. If it’s the same for everyone, it’s disappointing but you have to take it on the chin and go again, whenever that might be.

Nantwich Town also appear to be cheesed off with the decision, their chairman saying that they (at least) were not consulted by the NPL. bad enough for us but what about Vauxhall Motors and others like them who had already achieved defnite promotion points?

Nantwich Town also appear to be cheesed off with the decision, their chairman saying that they (at least) were not consulted by the NPL. bad enough for us but what about Vauxhall Motors and others like them who had already achieved defnite promotion points?

And what about Jersey Fc, who I think have gone through the season so far with a one hundred percent record. Surely they must also have won their league or at least were in touching distance? For Jersey to play on the mainland they must have some financial clout behind them? I’d be surprised if they aren’t tempted to give the Appeal and legal route a whirl. Probably won’t make the slightest difference to the FA’s decision, but it may well muddy the waters for the FA as they try to sort through the rest of the league system?

An unjust, unfair and illogical decision by the FA. Our lads have worked so hard to get into the position they have this season, so for them to be denied what would have been a deserved promotion this season is hard to stomach and a waste of all our time and efforts. I think PPG would have been a much fairer and less controversial way of sorting this.

Already there are inconsistencies in the FAs stance with their decision on the National League. No doubt there will be when it comes to the EFL and Premier League as there's money to be made.

It feels like this decision has been made by officials in ivy towers who have no grasp of reality nor a care for the non league game. Decisions like this only serve to damage the integrity of the game. I'm disgusted and I hope teams appeal this. Shame on you FA!

We should be allowed to finish this season and even write off or delay the start of next season. Who can say when this covid-19 pandemic will be over - 3 or 6 or 12 months? The FA have taken this decision to write off this season too early. It undermines the integrity of our league

My view is that it would have been far more rational to aim to finish this season at some as yet undefined point in the future, then have a break and then stage a shortened, redesigned 20-21 season (even just hold all the cup competitions, maybe in mini groups like the world cup or champions league, or hold an 'unofficial' half season with no promotions or whatever), and aim to get back to normal in 21-22.

To me it is better to mess about with a season that hasn't started yet rather than one which is three-quarters finished. Change the future, not the past.

The likes of South Shields, Workington & Vauxhall Motors must be gutted. As indeed we are.

For what it's worth (probably not much) there is a petition to the FA on change.org

Back