• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

NPL watch

A point for Witton at Colls last night.
Not a lot of use as Radcliffe also drew. Basford United now in the PPG slot but 10 clear of Witton with 6 games left.

A point for Witton at Colls last night.
Not a lot of use as Radcliffe also drew. Basford United now in the PPG slot but 10 clear of Witton with 6 games left.
Next two games are crucial to win (as are the rest in all honesty) otherwise I think that it might be mathematically impossible for them to save themselves, depending on what happens elsewhere ??‍♂️

Marine drew at home to Widnes which is probably the end of their automatic promotion hopes.
Workington & Rylands both had 2-0 home wins.

In the big match at the bottom Market Drayton beat Kendal to go level on points with them.
Prescot's win at GNE puts Newcastle in the PPG slot.

And Witton lost again. 11 points adrift with 15 left to play for. They could be officially relegated on Tuesday

I'm wrong sadly. Witton can draw level with Gainsborough & Basford (if Basford draw) if they win their last 4 games
And need to win about 5-0 each time

I'm wrong sadly. Witton can draw level with Gainsborough & Basford (if Basford draw) if they win their last 4 games
And need to win about 5-0 each time
Eleven points adrift, they need wins at home to Morpeth and away at Lancaster or I think results elsewhere could scupper survival next Saturday evening ???‍♂️

Vital 3 points for them tonight with a late winner giving a 3-2 victory over Morpeth. Att 198. 8 points from safety with 4 games left and with their inferior goal difference they probably need to win them all to stay up.

It's the hope that kills you.
Lancaster away on Saturday & I'd agree they need 9 points from 12 to overtake Basford - assuming Basford pickup no more points.

And they play each other last game of the season!

Lancaster away on Saturday & I'd agree they need 9 points from 12 to overtake Basford - assuming Basford pickup no more points.

Strange things can happen when you get a win under your belt. Just look at us after Leek!

Ok, they are odds on to go down, but effectively every game now is a free hit for them.

Radcliffe and Basford at home are entirely winnable games, but Lancaster and Warrington away? ?

I couldn`t agree more. More chance of Chelsea winning the league than them staying up. Although I`m only offering 33-1 on them staying up - give me a shout.

As James says above you never know when you get a win what follows, just hope its a Lancaster win.

Workington & Rylands drew in the top of the table clash leaving Workington favourites to be champions.
Marine dropped more points & Leek are now 3rd.

And Witton won again! Still 5 shy of Basford with 9 to play for.

As James says above you never know when you get a win what follows, just hope its a Lancaster win.
Strange thing momentum. Albion will go into Saturdays home game v Radcliffe on the crest of a wave. Sure that a lot of the ‘stay away’ Albion fans will all of a sudden crawl out of the woodwork.

Basford are at Stafford, so I don’t expect them to get much there.

Warrington away on Easter Monday is a real toughie for the Albs.

It could go all the way to the last game which is Witton V Basford!

Not over by a long way yet….

….and if they do stay up then they will have deserved it.

But even so, they face a dilemma. Do they stick with the current management duo or take the gamble of bringing a new face in?

If the latter, then they’ll still face the same issues as McAuley and Martindale have this season.

Strange thing momentum. Albion will go into Saturdays home game v Radcliffe on the crest of a wave. Sure that a lot of the ‘stay away’ Albion fans will all of a sudden crawl out of the woodwork.

Basford are at Stafford, so I don’t expect them to get much there.

Warrington away on Easter Monday is a real toughie for the Albs.

It could go all the way to the last game which is Witton V Basford!

Not over by a long way yet….

….and if they do stay up then they will have deserved it.

But even so, they face a dilemma. Do they stick with the current management duo or take the gamble of bringing a new face in?

If the latter, then they’ll still face the same issues as McAuley and Martindale have this season.
Oh, and Basford host Mickleover on Easter Monday. A very winnable game for them.

Back